1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which character gave you the best gaming experience?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by OzziS, Jun 30, 2003.

1. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Ofcourse a Kensai is better than a Swashbuckler in a hand to hand fight. The Kensai is a Fighter whilst the Swashbuckler is a Thief. Although with Boots of Speed and Hide in Shadows the Swashbuckler can probably handle most fights better than a Kensai. Even though he aint got no backstab multiplier. It´s all about how you play the game really. The class doesn´t matter to much, use him/her right with the right equipment and you´re all set for a victory. But it wasn´t about powerplaying the game. It´s about having fun and since you´re the only one that knows what it takes for you to have fun I suggest you try different classes until you find "your class".

2. OzziS Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Yes all that is fine, but I haven´t BG2. I just have BG1. So I shall take one character from BG1 and choose kit in BG2. Therefor I want to know if I shall take a thief or an fighter through BG1. And those two pure classes is boring. Therefor I need to know witch one you guys think is funny.

3. Drumheller Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Human, to keep my options open for dual-classing.

Like all threads that deal with this issue, it depends. I sure like splattering baddies so my kensai was a blast. But I also love 'cheating the system,' so I spend a lot of time pickpocketing and stealing in the BG series.

I'd stick with the Kensai. BG1 is too annoying for me playing as a pure thief. But that's just me . . .

4. kukec Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

My favourite 3 classes: Sorcerer (a lot of spells), Assassin (backstab x7 + poison weapon)
    and Berserker-Cleric (wielding crom faeyr and flail of ages hehe)

Or for sadistic pleasure monk or kensai :)

5. spoogemonkey Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

well, alright then. If you "like a character that can take a hit".... then Fighter, or Ranger, or Paladin for class (and Dwarf for race)...

And, really, ALL the character choices are fun. They just get to do different KINDS of fun.

6. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Sorcerers are really cool, try one (even if you only plan to try it out for the first dungeon) and you'll be convinced that it is a must have class for any party.

I am playing a party of which I fully created and I have a Swashbuckler in it. I was really disapointed that he was worse (at fighting) than my fighter/druid in all respects and I am now giving him ranged weapons. Go for the vanilla thief if you plan to back stab but the Swashbuckler for a bit more fighting power.

DON'T go for an Asassin or Bounty hunter, their thiving skills are not as good!!!

7. kukec Gems: 3/31

Is wannila thief have backstab x7 too?

:mad: must check the manual...

8. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Vanilla thieves only get *5 backstab. IIRC.

9. OzziS Gems: 2/31

I have loocked a little closer on the Stalker. And it seems to be a really cool kit. He can also dual wield, he get extra attacks, and gets high str. What do you think? How does this one do in comparrison with swashbuckler, kensai and pure ranger.Can also have with me Minsc, even if he is a ranger himselp, because pure ranger and stalker is pretty different.

But does the ranger get extra Hp with con over 16?

I am planning on taking an elvel stalker. What do you think?

10. Juevon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

It doesnt really matter if a stalker gets extra hit points for having a con over 16. Rangers get plenty of hit points regardless.

11. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

The Cavalier! Bang them on their heads! Hell yeah! One of the most powerful characters. Or should ah say "the most powerful"? Invinisible machine against dragons, demons and everything else... The second one who can use Carsomyr... I thing this is one of the most powerful and easy-playing characters in the whole game... :)

12. Thewl Gems: 1/31

@OzziS

You say you want to play the WHOLE BG series with one character? Then obviously you can't use kits or half-orcs...
    I played BG1 with ToSC, and BG2 with ToB with a multi-classed fighter/mage, which seemed pretty stupid when I thought of it (I was playing BG2 at the time). But then I noticed that a LOT of mage spells (most of them actually) pump up a character fighterwise! Therefore my fighter/mage at the end of BG1 was already taking 50%-60% of my party kills. If you import items into BG2 then the mayhem continues, and the game is incredibly fun to play (fighter and mage stronghold, not much but cool).
    Imagine all the spells: Iron skins, mirror image, blur, spirit armor, tensors transformation, etc. It is completely absurd.
    I suggest that everyone should try this at least once.

13. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

yes Ozzi...a stalker will get +3 hp's a lvl with a con of 17 and +4 hp's a lvl with con of 18

Stalker is a cool class...go for it :thumb:

14. OzziS Gems: 2/31

Thanks, butelf or human. Is more about how it feels really and what looks coolest. A human dual wielding stalker or an elven dual wielding stalker?

By the wa, you can choose kits for importet characters from BG1 in BG2

15. kukec Gems: 3/31

i prefer human (like Valygar). :D

16. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I played with archer the first time and like it very much but its because I like long ranged, plus the gesen bow was very useful. Now I'm playing with a swashbuckler Lv10/mage LvX, and I find my new char very very useful. He can pick locks, disarm trap with 130 skill points for each skills. As he is no good in close combat, I give him 2 slots in short bow and ignore the dual-wielding ability. Since he only engage long ranged combat,and I always plan to have at least 1+1/2 mages(Edwin is 1, best half for me is Jan Jansen but I wanna try out other npcs)dual-class to mage is the best option for me.

17. kukec Gems: 3/31

What is the best bow in game?

18. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

i think its gesen bow

19. kukec Gems: 3/31

In game should really be some longbow who would been powerful as Gesen. :(

20. Krisa Gems: 1/31

My choice for BG2 is Half-orc Swashbuckler!
    Wearing 2 lognswords at a time it is a great experience - only one minus to ordinary thief:no backstab multipiler, but you are a really strong thief thou... I first got the BG2 instead of BG1 so I played it a lot, but was wery sad that in BG1 there wasn't classes like in BG2, but still I think that THIEFS are allways (with exception of Planescape torment) the best choices - they can steal what they want, they can get a lot of money, they can sneak where they want and they cand do a lot more like set traps and in BG2:TOB get ability Use any Item which is great... I've played with other characters but Thief is the best, also there are no really good thiefs in BG2...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.