1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which book are you reading right now?

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Apeman, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  2. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Hehe Shameless, yet brillaint advertising.

I am reading Hogfather at the mo, as announced in my mammoth poll i have just posted.
    Damn good book actually, Pratchett often gives the impression that his books require some different level of thought. But this one proves it.
    The man is a nutcase.

3. Mark Nelson Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Starting on Path of The Fury by David Weber. It is pretty good so far.

4. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    :lol: anything for a plug ;) I realize I should read them in order, Tal :rolleyes: You missed the magic word "found"! When I get some extra money, I am still going to read the Grewhawk books first. I still remember all those old mods :)

5. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

The Silent Blade, R.A. Salvatore.
    I'm bored of stupid Wulfgar, isn't Salvatore bored of those stuff?
    Anyway i've heard that Servant of the Shard was his best work.So I'm gonna keep reading.

6. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I am reading Paul Austers Moon Palace which is really good. A few years ago, I threw the book away in disgust after reading 30 pages or so because I felt bored by it. Now, it is fascinating me. :)

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I am reading the MAtarese Circle, by Robert Ludlum (the same guy who wrote the Bourne books) I, too have read the Bourbne books... although I rewad Ultimatum first, Supremacy second and Identity third... the order I got my hands on them :p

TTT is also still on the works. Bit-by-bit, enjoyable to the etreme :D

(*goes off to do stuff*)

8. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Just finished Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Phillip Gaiman. I'm reading The Godfather by Mario Puzo.

9. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Just started Time of the Twins by Weis. I'm expecting it to be just as good as the Chronicles. :)

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    It's BETTER. :D More Raitlin. He is SO cool. My first-ever favourite in fantasy books. :D

Still reading Mataresew Cirrcle. Irt's better than I remembered. Taleniekov is cool :D

(*runs off to read*)

11. Gorgon Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Right now i am reading the third book in the fellowship of the ring. i dont know what the name is in english but i am sure you understand
    wich book i mean anyway.

im from SWEDEN!

12. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31

Two weeks ago i finished "The secrets of Dr Taverner" by Dion Fortune right now i'm reading the "Psychic self-defence" by the same author and next in line is "the mechanism of the mind" by the same author to.
    I know it is a little spooky but i had developed an interest for supernatural. :cool:

13. Khelben Gems: 15/31

I'm currently reading "The Spine of the World" by Salvatore.
    I heard many things about this book, mainly how boring it is but so far I enjoyed it.
    But Wulfgar's apathy and torture stuff is getting boring.
    Anyway i have to finish it to better understand the other RAS books.

14. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I'm reading the last part of the "legends of the dragonlance",and I must say,that it's one of the best books I ever red!

15. Maná Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I've read most of Salvatore's books (except for the new ones), they're okay but definitely not my favorites.

I read a lot of books at the same time, can't say why. Currently: The Ill-Made Mute, Carpe Jugulum, Echoes of the Great Song, The Minority Report (almost done), Canterbury Tales (halfway through, I read it a year ago but now I'm going through it carefully... old English is great though), and now, Sophie's World.

16. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I just finished "Winter's Heart" by Jordan -- enough is enough, already -- end the bloody series and start something else! I also recently finished the entire LOTR cycle, going to try to find the time to read "The Simalrillion" and "Unfinished Tales". I'm reading "The Hobbit" to my eight year old daughter.

Taluntain, you shouldn't sleep through Eliot! She's the greatest novelist in the English language! (according to some) Of course, she got that title for "Middlemarch", but I'm sure some of it spilled into "The Mill on the Floss". :evil:

17. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Once again i've departed on the dragonlance journey, currently i'm half way through Brothers in arms. love those Majere twins :)

18. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Finished The River of Blue Fire yesterday. It's the second in the Otherland series. Next is the Mountain of Black Glass.

19. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Just finished the Otherland series, it was a bit disapointing. Tad Williams's style is slow and boring at times especially in the later books in that series.

Right now I am reading "About a boy" by Nick Hornby and I have to admit that it is hilarious.

20. Khelben Gems: 15/31

Servant of the Shard - RA Salvatore
    Unbelievable!
    I can say that this is the best Drizzt book i've read, although it doesn't include Drizzt!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.