1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which book are you reading right now?

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Apeman, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I just finished Winds of Fury and am starting to read Storm Warning, both by Mercedes Lackey.

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I read The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum just recently ( a re-read), then I read The Prometheus deception by the same author last night (yes, the whole book... another re-read) and now I am starting the Matarese Circle by the same autor... yet again a re-read.

What can I say? This guy is GOOD.

In the near fuuture, the re-read of R.A. Salvatore's Exile may be in sights. I after all paid two euros for it in the Library sale....

(The freak with a thrill addiction... and two crazy elves as her bother)

3. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

All right I am well into Insurrection by Thomas M Reid. First I was a little afraid to see a different writer doing a sequel. But it is working out great, the story follows fluently on Dissolution.

Great characters, good plot I am really liking this book.

But I am so worried about Philip Athens writing the fourth book. If it's anything like Baldur's Gate the novel I am totally screwed.

4. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Dave Barry Hits Below The Beltway by Dave Barry

5. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    In Search of England -- Michael Wood. Good, but not as good some of his others. I was unhappy with his conclusion that there was never a real King Arthur. Wood is probably right, but it is still very unsatisfying.

6. Erebus Gems: 16/31

Apeman, I agree that Insurrection flows along nicely with dissolution, but a half succubus with a half cambion? Kind of hard to stomach

Anyway I'm reading Dave Barry Is Not Taking This Sitting Down, however, it's not as funny as his other works.

7. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

@Tarsakh, I always figured this.

Succubus - Cambion: A succubus will do it with everything so she doesn't really care.

Cambion - Succubus: I'm guessing the Cambion thinks something like this --> Yeah baby!! :D

8. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Hm Siege of Darkness is not going well...
    I mean a Matron Mother who doesn't give a **** to Lloth and with mental powers???
    Gheez Salvatore and Time of Troubles.
    Anyway i heard great things about Dissolution and Insurrection and planning to buy them.

EDIT:IMO Extinction will be worst book of the series,only sneak peeking to Baldur's Gate showed this, Imoen having a lesbian-like something with a drow and such...

9. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

The Eye of the World-Robert Jordan. Book one in the Wheel of Time series

10. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'm about to finish "The White Dragon," third book in the dragonriders of Pern series by Anne McCaffrey.

11. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

O.K. just finished Insurrection, second book of the war of the spider queen. Loved every page of it.

Now working on Elminster: the making of a mage, it's enjoyable so far, although I have heard good things and bad things (bad thing mostly in the following books)

Books I've read since starting this thread:

Death of the dragon: third book of the cormyr trilogy
    Lord of the rings: the fellowship of the ring
    Lord of the rings: the two towers
    Dissolution: first book of the war of the spider queen
    Insurrection: second book of the war of the spider queen

[Edit] forgot the S at the end of books

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Currently reading The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot.

:sleep:

13. enjan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

At the moment I'm re-reading A Brief History of Time and Universe in a Nutshell, as well as about 5 technical books (dealing with number theory primarily).

14. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

have recently finished the bourne identity and the bourne supremacy. Quite good. Loved the books, hated the movie. On to the ultimatum, but im currently reading the reaper man by terry pratchet. i love those books, can't get enough of them. Also finished off Crossroads of Twighlight. I have to say, those who say it was boring/unneccesary aren't looking at it on the bigger scale. It has just set up the next 2-3 books. Anyway, can't change some peoples opinions really.

15. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Just finished Passage to Dawn and i'm waiting for my order to arrive, then i can read The Silent Blade.
    Drizzt rules!

16. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Streams of Silver, 2nd book of IWD Trilogy by Salvatore. It rocks...pure and simple. Better than the Crystal Shard, imo. But I like trekking across different lands, meeting different tribes and monsters along the way. This book gives you all that and more! :thumb:

17. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    I'm almost finished with "The Hand of Oberon," the fourth book in the original "Chronicles of Amber" by Zelazny. God, he was good!

18. Erebus Gems: 16/31

Legion by the guy who wrote the Alexander Trilogy

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Two Towers. First time through :D

20. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Looks like I get to read my first D&D book :) I found this tattered old tome in the attic :whoa: DragonLance CHRONICLES Vol 4 "Dragons of Summer Flame" I hope it's a good read!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.