1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which book are you reading right now?

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Apeman, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

What do you mean you hate Frankenstein? It is really quite brilliant.

Anyhow, I just finished reading Tear of the Gods, just started reading Starman, and am going to read Dune.

2. Chevalier Mal Fet Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Starman is good. I read that whole series when I was stuck in Colorado after the junior olympics due to bad weather.

And you hate MacBeth, Daie? But Shakespeare is wonderful! I love all of his works, personally.

I am in a very boring place right now, so reading keeps me going. I have read two books in as many days and bought three more today. Currently starting "The Seige", yet another FR book.

3. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I finished this weekend The dragons of the Autumn twilight, and from the Legacy of the Drow the fourth book. Awesome :cool:

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I am reading my star Wars books again... I, Jedi by Michael A. Stackpole was the first on for its approxinaltely fiftieth re-read, followed by the X-Wing series... i am in the middle of the Starfighters of Adumar by Aaron Allston.

I also have just read a Thousand Orcs. I don't really have an opinion yet.... but I like that Tu'an or whatever guy....

5. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I'm re-reading my discworld books (in no particular order though). I'm reading reaper man at the moment.

6. monkey Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Just started reading Terry Brooks Jerle Shannarra trilogy. Not very taxing so far but enjoyable.

7. Robert Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Wheel Of Time book 4

Quite good accually.

off topic:If you transfomed an Aeil to BG2 what class would he be?

8. Jschild Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Reading a storm of swords right now, could never get into the wheel of time books, wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to wordy. Read up to the 6th book and just quit after it took 30 pages to describe a short horse ride. Im not joking.

9. monkey Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I read the most recent book in the WOT series and I couldn't believe how little happened in it - Robert Jordan has to pick up the pace.

offtopic: An Aiel would probably be a barbarian/monk.

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Sir Gawain and the Green Knight - by Unknown - Translated into modern English by J.R.R. Tolkien.

:yot: Oh, and I would say that the Aiel probably fit best as kensai.

11. Jschild Gems: 8/31

That is my sole problem with Jordan, he desperately needs an editor. His massive books only have about 300 pages worth of plot in them. They could easiely shave 200 pages off of most of them without losing a thing and still being very descriptive.

12. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

i just read the rules of play and am begining the shadow of prey by john sandford, pretty good books so far even considering the fact that i dont like most books like them. have to admit my uncle has a good taste in books, but then i suppose he has nothing else to do since hes a truck driver

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    All Shadows Fled by Greenwood. The first book of the series was awful. The second one was pretty good, as it the third (this one).

14. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Robert: I think Kensai would be very close, although you'd have to substitute swords for spears. Otherwise a simple fighter or ranger.

Instead of waiting for book 2, I'm going to start in Through the Darkness by Harry Turtledove. Don't know if it's any good, but we'll see.

15. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    I love Turtledove's Darkness series - I really can't wait for #5 to be out in paperback.

As usual, the library purge/packing process has inspired me to reread some old favorites. Elizabeth Scarborough's Song of Sorcery and its follow-ons are the current targets.

16. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I have the second part of the New Jedi Order: Force Heretic under read now... I know the third part is out as well so I'll get it asap as well.

The New Jedii Order books are strange... and the single worst Salvatore I have read is the book that starts NJO, the Vector Prime :D

17. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Are those starwars books in order with the movies or what, I read 'attack of the clones' by salvatore but it was exactly the same as the movie.

Now reading 'Dragons of Winter Night'

First book of the dragonlance trilogy was quite a nice read.

18. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I am reading the first book in Turtledove's World War series. It seems very promising. I have always wondered how the nazis would fare against lizards from space ;) .

19. Jschild Gems: 8/31

The World at War Series is fantastic, Turtledove I believe is at his best when doing such grandsweeping series focusing mostly on the little guy caught up in it. Highly recommend this and His Civil War series.

20. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

[​IMG] Just finished shadow puppets by Orson Scott Card. We're back on track after the mediocre shadow of the hegemon.

Just started Memory, Sorrow and Thorn by Tad Williams, so far so good (anyone here read it?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.