1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which book are you reading currently?

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Taluntain, Nov 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Urk, spent the last two nights reading... wnet though those Midkemia books I mentioned (I love James, Jimmy ad Dash!) as well as the Warlord saga by can't-recall, but I did enjoy it immensely. It was fun seeing the Arhurian myths shaken around quite a bit.

2. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

The first book of the 'Paths of Darkness' series

3. Vengeance Incarnate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I've been into the classics lately. Started War and Peace again and I'm finally getting around to making a dent in Dracula and Ivanhoe.

Now if I can only get my hands on a copy of Anna Karenina.

4. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Robert Jordan's "New Spring"

5. Demon Mayor Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Just finished Crucible: The Trial of Cyric the Mad (5th book in Avatar series). That one was a little rough. Also, it was the first book in a long time that I've read that was in the first person. It was really hard to get used to, but ended up not being too bad.

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Elaine Cunningham's "Elfshadow".

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Mortal Games by Salinger and Gross. Not too bad thus far

8. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Sourcery by pratchetty...hilarious

9. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Ara, it's by Bernard Cornwell, who writes the Sharpe novels (worth checking out if you haven't already). The Warlord Chronicles are my favourite set of books :) . Finished the Amber Sunglass last night since I couldn't find Le Morte d'Arthur, still doesn'tr excite me at all.

10. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Hero in the shadows by Gemmel.

Eventhough his books do get repetitive if you read the whole Drenai saga, it's still one of the best writers around. Best to read a book or two and then pause for a week or so.
    It's just that he has a very clear concept of characters and they dont differ overly much.

So far, Waylander1&2 + Hero in the shadows and Druss the legend are easily the best ones. Truly awsome.

11. JSBB Gems: 31/31

After much foot dragging I have finally finished No Phule Like an Old Phule. I would have to say that the book qualifies as a terrible waste of paper and ink. :nolike:

I am really going to have to try to pick a good book to read next in order to wash out the bad taste Old Phule left.

12. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Dorsai by Gordon R. Dickson, and after that I'm going to give Foundation another go.

13. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Xanth - Currently Crewel Lye but they only take a couple of hours which suits the daily train journey commute quite nicely.

So in a week or so I'm going to be scratching around for something new, thinks it's probably time to find a new Author but Wolves of the Calla, and the Dune pre-pre trilogy (Butlerian Jihad) might be the first ports of call.

14. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

"The Templars" by Piers Paul Read.

15. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I just finished the Prelude to Dune series and I must be honest that I never read the original Dune books, but man, those books are awesome :D

Now I was going to start with Royal Assassin, but I forget almost everything from Assassin's Apprentice, so I am going to read that, again.

16. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
  17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

just finished Mortal Games, which was surprisingly very good :) I'm about to start "The Circus Master's Mission" by pulitzer prize winner Joel Brinkley

18. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.

Has it been banned in any country yet?

19. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I thoroughly enjoyed that book.

Anyway, I just started on "The Sword Of Shannara" and have yet to actually find it interesting or even engaging.

20. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Aldazar - those Shannara books are actually pretty bad. They just seem like cheap Tolkien ripoffs. i was very disappointed as they have been quite popular.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.