1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which book are you reading currently?

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Taluntain, Nov 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

direct prequel was silent blade iirc and i liked it much better.

still on lone drow. im considering getting dawn of night though, book 2 of the cale trilogy. if i havent read twilight falling, book 1, will it be okay to jump to book 2 right away?

2. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Stopped near the end of Lion of Macedon and read through Ghost King and Last Sword of Power, I'll stop reading Gemmel as soon as I get A Game of Thrones back from my cousin ;) .

3. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Australian Constitutional Law and Theory, 3rd edition, 2003.

American Constitutional Law in Context, 2002

Yes, I'm trying to get a head start on my dissertation. *groan*

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I just finished reading March to the Stars by Weber and Ringo, it wasn't a classic by any means but it was a nice fun and fast read.

I might have enjoyed it more if I had actually read the first two books in the series but I picked it up because it was the only interesting looking English language book that I could find at the Copenhagen airport. Thankfully, the book was written so that you didn't really need to have read the first two books to understand what was going on.

5. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Second Trilogy of Thomas Covanent, still a very good story.

The books called "The Wounded Land", I still have "The one Tree" and "White Gold Wielder" to go.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

nemesis by agatha christie. love her work, have practically all her books i think.

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"Falling Free" by Lois Bujold. It's about some mutated humans who have four arms instead of 2 arms and 2 legs, which makes them better able to operate in zero-gravity.

8. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Falling Free was o.k. but I really don't think that it compares favourably to most of Bujold's other novels.

I am just starting Wind Rider's Oath by David Weber.

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

finishing nemesis and am about to start get shorty by elmore leonard. i loved the movie, so the book has got to be good.

10. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Crichton's "The Lost World"

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Emperoor's Babe by... *can't spell the name for the life of her* Really grseat, totally hilarious and I shall bnever again look at the ROmans in a similar way.

Venus, indeed... *snicker*

12. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Shadow Warriors by Tom Clancy

13. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

About to start Dan Brown's "The DaVinci Code"

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"Streams of Silver" by R. A. Salvatore.

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

just finished get shorty. about to stat "the bonfire of the vanities" by Tom Wolfe. It's supposed to be just as funny as "get shorty" but set in NYC instead of Hollywood :)

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Chindi, by someone. Just finished Omega by the same person (people should put whether their books are sequels or not on the cover...)

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Thanks to my lartest obsession, I went and found Patrick O'Brian's "MAstwer and Commander" series fromt he local library...

What can I say? I have a thing for the Anglish Navy as of late..... *shakes her head*

18. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

"Chasm City" by Alastair Reynolds. It's set in the same universe as his trilogy that begins with "Revelation Space", but is not a part of it.

19. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

Count Zero

20. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Blood Of The Dragon by C. L Werner. It is set in the warhammer world, which is a quite nice change compared to the worlds of dragonlance and forgotten realms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.