1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which book are you reading currently?

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Taluntain, Nov 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

4th book in the war of the spider queen series: Extinction

Next up will be the one Philip Athans will write, shudders

2. Khal-ze Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Currently reading Headhunters by John King.

Its about the infamous firms of football hooligans in London but also comments quite frequently on the working classes of the city.

I feel its not too dissimiar to Irvine Welsh's writing (Trainspotting etc.)

3. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I'm reading Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident by Eoin Colfer.

It's strange that this book has one really scary passage or maybe I was just too tired... I mean the train, that transports nuclear waste. The fate of engineer made me feel bad (he was locked alone in locomotive and radiation affected him all the time)

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    The hunt for Red october from Tom Clancy...

nice stuff, Where Clancy got all this stuff?!

5. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Clancy was a life insurance salesman, living in Maryland. He used to hang out at the Naval Academy. His wife told him to quit wasting his time studying Naval tactics and technology, and sell more insurance. HfRO was his first book, published by the Naval Press. Good thing he didn't listen to his wife.

6. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

"New Spring" by Robert Jordan, pretty good, but my mind keeps wandering away.

7. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Currently re-reading "Dissolution" by Richard Lee Byers.

8. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Book #5 of Wheel of Time: Fires From Heaven.

Not bad...just when it seems to be stalling out a bit, something very interesting seems to happen that spurs the plot along. Jordan has definitely built up some character interest, even if does drag in spots, action-wise.

9. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    _The Americanizaton of Benjamin Franklin_ by Gordon S. Wood. Wood approachs Franklin from a different perspective: A royalist English citizen who became an American original. It is very well-written book, which also won the Pulitzer Prize (if that sort of thing matters).

10. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

By Myself - Lauren Bacall.

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I finally got around to reading Pratchett's The Last Hero. Very cool illustrations and amusing plot.

12. Dranalis DeAealth

Dranalis DeAealth Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc Veteran

Byzantium - The Decline and Fall by John Julius Norwich.

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Secrets of the Baby Whisperer - Tracey Hogg. Eat. Activity. Sleep. You. EASY.

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Just started Pratchett's Night Watch.

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"I Have Landed" - the last book by Stephen Jay Gould. So far it is his usual fascinating perspective on a variety of topics all vaguely related to evolutionary biology.

16. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Pratchett's Equal Rites.

Love it so far, especially the beginning where the wizard realizes Esk is a girl :D

17. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Re-reading Dark Moon by David Gemmell, great book.

18. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    Currently reading Dissolution by Richard Lee Byers from R. A. Salvatore's War of the Spider Queen serie.

19. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I have a huge pile of books awaiting me, namely, the Avatar series.

I just finished the first book of the Return of the Archwizards, and what can I say? I liked it. I like the elf. :p

20. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Pratchett's Mort

Death rules :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.