1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which book are you reading currently?

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Taluntain, Nov 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

'Dissolution' first of the war of the spider queen, a reread because I'm getting 'Extinction' next week.

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    "Frontier Justice" by Scott Ritter, as of yet kinda dull and not really saying anything new.

3. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt. A little confusing at times with the lack of speech marks but still damn good.

4. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Eastward to Tartary by Robert Kaplan. I'm just a few pages into it though.

5. Defspeal Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I am currently reading "The Paris Option" by
    Robert Ludlum and Gayle Lynds
    It is a very good spy novel, with lots of detail and action.

6. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Pirate Hunter by Richard Zacks. It's the true story of Captain William Kidd.

Arrr! :roll:

7. Vengeance Incarnate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

The Life of Pi by Yann Martel.

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Some Star Wars book. IIRC the title is "The Dark Side", but it's not like I remember. And that book for constitutional law exams.

9. Amatorius Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

"BattleAxe" by Sara Douglass
    First book in the Axis trilogy

10. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

First time read of 'Homeland', from the Dark Elf trilogy. I found it to be even better then the IWD-trilogy.

Also reading on some 'Sword of Shannara' book, but I don't like it very much. Prolly because it's written in my mother tongue, giving silly names to various creatures in the book... Alas.

11. people person-i eat people Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

reading: "The Gift" by Patrick O' Leary and finding it quite enjoyable :)

12. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    American Sphinx: The Character of Thomas Jefferson, by Joseph Ellis.

13. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Just finished "The Rage" by...errm, well, can't remember...(first book in the Year of Rogue Dragons trilogy)...excellent book.

And now I've started re-reading the Daughter of the Drow by Elaine Cunningham. (I just bought Windwalker the other day, and I haven't read the other two books in a couple years...figured I'd refresh my memory before digging into the new one).

14. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Which is better in your opinion?

Dark Elf trilogy
    or
    Elaine's version

I'm now at 'Exile', the second part of DE trilogy. I found the first book very good. Never read Elaine's version though. I'm thought they complement each other great.

15. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Christopher Paolini's "Eragon". Thoroughly enjoyable especially considering it was written by a mid-teen.

16. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

Over the last three days or so have just finished 'Wee Free Men' by Terry Pratchett. Excellent, as usual. I'll probably try and get back to, and finish, the mars book I was previously reading.

17. Daemonic Lazoth Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

At the moment im reading Passage to Dawn by RA Salvortore. Last one in the Legacy of the Drow lot.
    I really love the series and now im just trying to find the other collections sets so I dont have to worry about losing one of the middle books or lending it to a friend and forgetting about it :p

18. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Reading Magician by Feist again.

19. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

"Assassin's Apprentice" by Robin Hobb. Coming along quite nicely after the slow start.

20. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The Diamond Age, by Neal someone or other. Quite good, after pushing through a bit. Can think of things that need improvement, but a nice kind of light cyberpunk sort of thingy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.