1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which book are you reading currently?

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Taluntain, Nov 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Pamela Stephenson's "Billy", quite good so far and very revealing.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

George R. R. Martin - "A Storm of Swords 2: Blood and Gold"

3. people person-i eat people Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

im reading Area 7 by Matthew Reilly, then after that i will read his next book, Scarecrow!

4. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I have to say spares by michael marshall smith has been amazing. I'm thinking of going for another of his next.

5. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Finished "Dragons Of A Fallen Sun", now reading "Dragons Of A Lost Star". The first book wasn't amazing - too much silliness and unlikely characters - but it was interesting enough to make me want to read the second one straight after.

6. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I've just finnished "The Druids of Shannara" and "The Elf Queen of Shannara" and am now taking a break before I read the last one.

So at the mo I'm reading "The Last Legion" its very good I Highly reccommend it, but its not for young kids.

(Arrgh I sounded like an adult then! :eek: )

7. people person-i eat people Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

YEAH! i have finished all of Matthew Reilly's books and let my tell you, i would strongl recommend you read them.
    Reason: i was up to past 12am when i was reading any of his books, they are just not put-downable (is that a word?) but now im deciding on what to read next, any suggestions? i like to mainly read fantasy/sci-fi, but matthew reilly just urged me of getting out of the habit of reading fantasy all my life, so i did (for a brief period of time)

8. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Trogging through Mortalis right now - stayed up all night last night to finish The Demon Apostle, and I am exhausted! (Really should start reading in the daytime, and not late at night!)

Oooh - it's post number 666!!

:evil: :evil: Mwahahahahaha! :evil: :evil:

9. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Tolkien Bestiary by David Day

10. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] 'The Thran' by J. Robert King. It's a lot better than I expected it to be, in fact parts of it are sheer brilliance.

11. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    John Adams (Biography by McCullough) Awesome so far.

12. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Gates of Fire - Fictional account of the battle of Thermoplyae. But it is really much more than that. The historical detail is awesome.

Good choice, DMC. Since you're a lawyer, I'm sure you found the opening of the book, and early life of JA, more than a little interesting.

[ April 22, 2004, 03:58: Message edited by: Chandos the Red ]

13. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The Summer Tree by Guy Gavriel Kay. Any of you guys read it?

14. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Just finished "Peter Pan." Very, very good story (P.S: check my review in my homesite ;) ). Starting Pratchett's "Equal Rites" soon.

15. _PepeR_ Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Finishing "The One Kingdom" by Sean Russell (nothing really special, but I think I'll read all serie), original language version of 'Magician' by Feist and 'Achaja' by polish writer Ziemianski are in queue.

16. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    _Washington: The Indispensable Man_ by James Flexner.

17. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The Eye of the World - Robert Jordan.

The Wheel of Time stuff should keep me busy untl the next Song of Ice and Fire book comes out.

18. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

"Dragons Of A Vanished Moon" at the moment.

19. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Dave Pelzer's "The Privelege Of Youth"

20. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Wellspring of Chaos - L E Modesitt.

The world of Recluse is getting a little tired, but then, I have a hard time finding books these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.