1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which book are you reading currently? #5

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by dmc, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Yes, but far too long ago for me to be any help to you, Duffin. Sorry...

Just finished Erikson's 'Gardens of the Moon', might pick up 'Deadhouse Gates' this weekend.

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Duffin, I read it about 2 weeks ago. it is majorly depressing, so get some chocolate to go with it.

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Earth Abides by George R Stewart - almost finished it and it's excellent. After that last hunk of crap I read (which had a million typos and notes such as 'delete this paragraph' in the text...) it's a very refreshing change :) Restores my confidence in randomly picking books.

4. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I've just started reading Dune again. Probably my favourite book ever :)

5. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I finished Deadhouse Gates over the week-end. IMHO Erikson showed a huge improvement in his writing as the book went on. I am actually looking forward to reading book three.

However, that is going to wait a little as I intend to read (or in this case re-read) a couple quick pulpy fun books before I take on anything serious. This morning I started on Circus of the Damned by Laurell Hamilton.

6. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I have just read Treasure by Clive Cussler again for the 3rd time. That man knows how to write. I admit that a few of his books have the same general layout but he makes a convincing argument to make anomilies that are known to be untrue become real.

(PS: Sahara the movie sucked but the book was amazing)

7. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I'm going through an entertaining pageturner books phase:

Michael Chrighton - Timeline
    Michael Chrighton - State of Fear
    James patterson - Four blind mice
    CSI - Double Dealer
    Douglas Adams - Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy
    Allan Folsom - The day after Tomorrow

Currently reading Ice hunt by james rollins

8. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

@ Arabwel cheers ill bear that in mind :p

9. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Just started The Bonehunters by Steven Erikson. Couldn't wait for the paperback so I bought the "big paperback".

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Good stuff, Sticker! Awesome book. I am halfway through Deadhouse Gates for the second time. It makes SO much more sense this time around.

11. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I finished Circus of the Damned and I have moved on to The Lunatic Cafe. It is kind of sad revisiting the beginnings of the plot arcs that would eventually ruin the later books in the series but at this point the series is still pretty good.

12. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    After half a year of trying to read Iliad, I had a critical failure while throwing a will save.. BOOOOORRRIING *snore*

So I started Goethe's Faust which I am enjoying so far :D .

13. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I know what you mean HB, I re-read the first four books before I read Midnight Tides.

14. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I am reading Midnight Mass by F. Paul Wilson, which is making me itchy to go re-read I Am Legend by Richard Matheson.

15. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I'm re-reading the Well World novels by Jack L Chalker, and in a couple of weeks whilst on holiday I will be trying The Deadhouse Gates

16. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I finished Lunatic Cafe and since I don't feel on starting anything serious before I leave for Ireland on Friday I decided to continue on with the series and started on Bloody Bones.

17. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I just finished reading Emma for class...so...classical...

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Just finished Terrarium by Scott Sanders - very enjoyable. It seems that my luck for randomly picked books is quite good - only a few doozies...

19. lizardpudding Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

just finished "omnivore" by piers anthony. Neat story!

20. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I finished Bloody Bones last night and I started on The Killing Dance. I don't know if I will manage to finish it before I leave for Dublin tonight. I will be reading on the train ride home but that probably won't be enough time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.