1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which book are you reading currently? #5

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by dmc, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Just started on a little series of H.G. Wells novels: The First Men in the Moon, The Time Machine, The Island of Doctor Moreau, The War of the Worlds, and The Invisible Man. Should keep me occupied for a while.

2. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

just got wintersmith by pratchett yesterday and finished it now. great book. somehow i never grow tired of pratchett.

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Shadowbred by Paul S Kemp in the FR setting. Good stuff. I'm kinda irked now that I didn't pick up the Erevis Cale trilogy. He seems like an awesome character now whereas I only found him mediocre in Shadow's Witness.

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

About to finish Gardens of the Moon, which will be folllowed by Memories of Ice.

5. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Got 'Silent Blade' (More Drizzt book! Yay!) from a friend, and finished in one night as usual. I just can not help but finish all Drizzt books in a single day. And this was great, if not spectecular too! Gotta love Artemis vs Drizzt theme, forever! :love: Too bad it gives the signals that, this was probably the last round in their vendetta. Sigh. Is it, is it, is it? Please say it is not so!

6. Nataraja Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Media:
    Currently reading: "Reason & Religious Belief" by Michael Peterson, William Hasker, Bruce Reichenbach and David Bassinger; "The Elements of Moral Philosophy" by James Rachels; "Modern Epistemology" by Nicholas Everitt and Alec Fisher; and lastly the Bhagavad Gita.

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Just finished Shadowbred. AWESOME stuff, I love stuff to do with Netheril and the Shadow Weave.

Just started Talion: Revenant by Michael Stackpole, looks promising

8. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Witchling by Yasmine Galenorn. Promises to be good

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Just finished "House of Chains" by Steven Erikson. Just awesome.

10. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

The Zombie Survival Guide, by Max Brooks

11. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

Just finished Michael Crichton's State of Fear...

I want to read something like Terry Pratchett's brilliant satire...but I've read everything of his there is... :(

12. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

@Faraaz Then try Robert Rankin, the Brentford trilogy would be a good place to starts.

13. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Sir Gawain and the Green Knight and Spenser's The Faerie Queen.

14. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

@Darkstrider & Oaz: :thumb: Cheers! :thumb:

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"Midnight Tides" by Steven Erikson.

16. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    "Galilee" by Clive Barker. Bit of a mind twister.

17. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Throne of Jade. Dragons Dragons Dragons and Cannons. Is there anything better?

18. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

Snorri Sturluson - King Harald's Saga.

19. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

just finished Talion: Revenant. It was okay, not as great as I'd been led to believe. It should've been longer, some major stuff was grossly underdeveloped, it was like reading KotOR2 :/

Also finished reading Son of Fletch. Hmph, very disappointing given the quality of the Fletch series that I've come to expect from the 4 excellent (HILARIOUS) Fletch books that I'd read previously. Still, this one had a couple (literally just 2) moments where I still laughed out loud.

20. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

In 3 hours, I'llbe done with Dr Faustus forever... I'm nearly free!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.