1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which book are you reading currently? #4

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Taluntain, Oct 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

started Myst: The Book of the D'Ni. Good stuff this trilogy..

2. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Can't help to wonder: everything now is writen in 'trilogies'?...

Speaking of...

Song of Ice and fire (is in Spanish so I don't know if is the same title in English), by George R. R. Martin; just started.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yay - just finished 'A Feast for Crows' by George R. R. Martin. Brilliant stuff. Hurry up with the next one!

Now reading 'Eats, Shoots and Leaves' by Lynne Truss.

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Assassins Quest, nearly done and still waiting for all the twists at the end with bated breath! I keep turning each page waiting for something massive to happen :lol: . It sounded to me just then at Fool got skilled by the Coterie and tricked Fitz into telling them where Milly and his kid are! Ooooh.
    Half don't want to read until the end, I hate horrible endings :lol:

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The Farseer trilogy is certainly not what I would call a 'happy' book. More often than not, Fitz seems to have a really bad time.

Barmy - good to see that seem to read books at the same pace as me. Not like some of the people here who seem to be able to time-stop and read a 700 page book instantaneously.

6. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I just finished Patricia Briggs' "Raven's Shadow" and am ready to start "Raven's Strike".

7. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    I have the last book of Harry Turtledove's "Darkness" series on my nightstand, next to "Polydoxy" by Dr. Alvin Reynes and the ever-unfinished "Pirate Hunter."

Over in the other room, we're almost through "HPatCoS" as Arlyn's bedtime book, and while at Disney World I picked up a collection of Pirate stories that I'm reading to Marcus.

8. Barmy Army

Media:
    SPOILERS HERE IF YOU HAVEN'T READ ASSASSINS QUEST BY ROBIN HOBB!!

Can somebody who's read Assassins Quest just explain something to me please. I'm near the end and Verity has just asked Fitz for his body for a time, so he can feel youthful and passionate again. So, they swapped bodies, right? So Fitz is in Verity's body and visa versa? But then, surely it was just Fitz who slept with Kettricken, not Verity? Kettricken just let Fitz's body have sex with her, but with Verity's mind? Ermm... losing it here. But then it gets more confusing. Fitz is meant to be in Verity's body, but then he goes to a bath in the stream and seems to be in his body again. Then he has sex with Starling, in his own body? When did they switch back? I never noticed them switch back to their correct bodies. Maybe I'm missing something here, can someone cast light on it?
    I know I'm not the most intelligent of gents, but that's just really lost me completely!

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It is a bit fuzzy but it is Fitz's body inhabited by Verity's soul/essence who had sex with Kettricken and then I am pretty sure it was all Fitz with Starling after they had switched back.

10. Barmy Army

Media:
    All a bit confusing :lol:

Just finished the book now. it was a superb read but I didn't like the ending. It was a bit lame, Hobby's let me down a bit there. Burrich and Molly could have at least found out what Fitz did and that he still lived etc. Living as a hermit with some nameless kid, was a bit of a let down for me. Only Starling ever bothered to come and see him! After he'd just saved the Six Duchies! Nice of them! :lol: I wouldn't be impressed.

Great read overall though, the Liveship Traders will be next, then I've got Narnia to read as I got it for Christmas, then I'll try and tackle Gardens of the Moon again. It'll take me until I;m 60 the speed I read at :lol:

11. Harbourboy

Good work, Barmy - all the books on your list are great (in the opinions of several people here).

I've almost finished "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" and now a book by R. Scott Bakker has shown up on my Amazon recommended list, as recommended by people waiting around for the next Martin and Erikson books, but I've never heard of him. Has anyone here ever read anything by Bakker?

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Heros of Horror by James Wyatt, Ari Marmell and C.A. Suleiman. A friend got 6 DnD books for gifts. I'm not jealous. Really. :shake:

13. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Bakker is ok, I read the first book in his series. It was above average but didnt really fly all the way and came up quite a bit short compared to the big three.

14. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

Finally finished Stephen King's Dark Tower series. Best books ever. As the ending approached, my left eye shed a tear; no other book has managed that.

15. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    A Gentleman's Game, by Greg Rucka. Good espionage stuff, if a bit heavy on the exposition. It hits a bit too close to home, at times.

Also reading Heinz Guderian's Panzer Leader. Should be interesting.

16. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I've read 5 Harry potter books in my 2 week christmas holiday. I was a bit hesitant to read Potter but those books read themselves, I couldn't lay them down. Especially after Prisoner of Azkaban.

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Just finished American Gods (was rationing it - so much love for Neil Gaiman :love: ) and am now settling inffor a re-reqd of Bad Company by Jack Higgins.

18. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Hmm, it has been a while since I was on-line. Since then i have read Thud! by Terry Pratchett - it was o.k. but like most of Pratchett's more recent books it fells like he phoned it in.

I have also read Sweet Silver Blues and Bitter Gold Heart by Glen Cook. Silver was o.k. and Gold was pretty good. I have started on Cold Copper Tears and it has been quite enjoyable so far.

19. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Strangely, I've found myself reading a....classic! :aaa: (not by choice, by the way).
    Emma -Jane Austen
    And then I'll have to watch Clueless.
    For school.
    :rolleyes:

20. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I just finished Cold Copper Tears. It was pretty good. I will be going on in the series to Old Tin Sorrows (book 4) next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.