1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which book are you reading currently? #3

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Blackthorne TA, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor by Bruce Campbell. I'm thankful the publishing company and his editor(s) allowed him to write like he talks. Lots of insider pictures as well. :nuts:

2. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Although I meant to continue WoT, I found myself reading a book Shura sent me to proof read called Son of Strife. It's actually really good and have liked to have found how he did with it.

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

I think I heard sometime ago that Shura was supposed to write an FR novel called "Maiden of Pain". Is that true? If so, whatever happened to it?

4. Newfie Banned

Maiden of Pain is out here in Canada and it is not a bad novel for a FR book. That whole priest series is pretty good but the thief series is a lot better. But I digress, I have just finished reading Meg: Primal Waters about a giant killer shark and I must say, I enjoyed it immensely.

5. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

@Newfie

I read Meg years ago and I thought it was pretty cool to, excpet for the ending which was just plain ridiculous.

Reading Deadhouse Gates now, second in the a Tale of the Malazan book of the Fallen

6. Newfie Banned

Hey Apeman, I think the story is filled with ludicrous situations, but hell, it's a lot of fun.

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31

@ kuemper - Yeah, that was really a very interesting and entertaining autobiography - but then again I am one of the Boards' leading B movie nuts so I am probably not the most impartial person to comment about it. ;)

I just finished Beyond the Blue Moon - what can I say except that the plot's resolution was horrible. You really have to hate it when after the big build up the ending just works too neatly and much much too easily. Still, the book has its good moments - one does not read Simon Green's novels for the plot, one reads them for the interesting characters and quirky dialogue, or at least that's what I read them for.

I guess I should finish Mad Ship but I find that I lack the motivation to finish it. So far I have found the characters to be somewhat dull and the plot hasn't been all that interesting either.

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Reading Nigh Watch by Pratchett. 1st book of his I've read excluding his collaboration with Neil Gaiman (Good Omens). It's actually pretty good.

9. Atari Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Good Omens. No kidding. I just finished that. Awsome book...or rather funny.

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Yeah, I found it pretty funny. I actually saw more of Pratchett than Gaiman there come to think of it. Just finished Night Watch. It turned out to be a very moving book imo. This one line nearly made tears well up in my eyes: "You had to be there. I was honored to have been there twice." :cry:

Now about to start on The Assassini by Thomas Gifford.

11. JSBB Gems: 31/31

On the flight over to Ireland I finished Mad Ship and I have made a good start on Ship of Destiny. The series seems to be getting better as it goes along.

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Hour of the Clown by Amos Aricha

13. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

The Clan of the Cave Bear, by Jean M. Auel

14. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Been reading Dragonlance - Autumn Twilight, which is just plain bad if you just finished Storm of Swords - Blood and Gold.

Now I am reading Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time Book 1, Eye of the World.

[ July 14, 2005, 23:12: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

15. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I just finished Coraline by Neil Gaiman--I picked it up to read to my daughter and ended up finishing it on my own...

@ Morgoth

The first 3 WoT books are the best, IMO. It kinda goes downhill from there...

16. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I just finished HP6 in 2 hours. Don't flame me.

17. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I finished HP6 in 6 hours...hehe
    I'm a bit slow.
    Can't say I'm surprised by the ending, though...

18. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

ah, you're not slow... I'm just special.

19. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@el timor

coraline was awesome. children's book my arse, parts of it scared the crap outta me! :o if you liked it (or your kid did) pick up The Thief of Always by Clive Barker, similar and also very good.

Am unable to get "into" Hour of the Clown so I'm going to read The comical tragedy or tragical comedy of Mr. Punch by Neil Gaiman

20. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"The Mad Ship" by Robin Hobb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.