1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which book are you reading currently? #2

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Taluntain, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

End of Eternity - Issac Asimov
    I'm just into it and am hooked.

I just finished Poul Andersons excellent Three Hearts and Three Lions. Highly recommended.

2. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" Volume 7. And I'm already nearly finished! :wail: :wail:
    Where will I turn once I've reached the Tower with Roland??

3. Newfie Banned

I am reading "Sacred" by Denis Lehane, the author of Mystic River. Not bad, but not Mystic River. Am I the only one on this board who could not get into "The Da Vinci Code?"

4. Laertis Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I'm reading the "The Thousand Orcs" by R.A. Salvatore again. I'm re-reading the last trilogy of Drizzt, so i can buy "The Two Swords" and start reading it right away.

@Newfie: No, i didn't like "The Da Vinci Code" that much either. I read it all, but i can't see why the book is having all this hype around it. It's a regular mistery novel, and Dan Brown is not much of a writer. I mean, it's a good book but not enough for being a classic.

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Unfinished Tales by Tolkien.

'Marrer of Middle-Earth, would that I might see thee face to face, and mar thee as my lord Fingolfin did!'

:)

6. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Any of you lot ever read a book called 'Anno Dracula' by Kim Newman? I'm just starting it but it's promising so far. Basically, the premise is what if Dracula beat Van Helsing & co., married queen Victoria (!) and established a class of vampires in 1888. London. :D

7. Newfie Banned

Hey Laertis: Are you still reading those Drizzt books? I got really sick of all of them. Mind you, they are quality books, but I just get tired of reading the same adventures of Drizzt over and over AGAIN. How many times has Breunor died? Will Wulfgar and Catti-Brie ever rekindle their flame? It's turned into "The Days of our Lives" of fantasy novels. I wish Salvatore would write something else set in the FR, but I am sure he is under contract from WOC to keep churning them out. Anyway started "The Rite" today by Richard Lee Byers, sequel to the Rage. Loved the first one, second is starting to shape up. Pick it up.

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Cloud of Sparrows

9. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    "Footfall", Larry Niven and Pournelle

Surprisingly "deep" alien invasion story. Much better than I expected.

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Started Neuromancer yesterday... quite engaging.

11. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Reading "Halls of Stormweather"... Short stories written in difficult language for me, a bummer. Hopefully I will manage to read all 7 of the books.

12. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    AMaster: Is it the one with the elephant like aliens?

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@Nizidramanii'yt

I'd stick to reading the ones of Shamur and Thamalon. Everis' and Tazi's aren't too bad, but the ones with Larajin and Talbot are crap imo. Damn shame too, the concept of Talbot's story was pretty good.

14. AMaster Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Joacqin, yeah, that's the one. I say surprisingly good because I read "The Last World War" immediately prior, and it was terrible. Granted, different author, but it lowered my expectations for the genre immensely

15. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I never read books these days *sniffle*

Too bus reading stuff in the net :(

16. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Finished Hogsfather, never thought Pratchett could be so philosophical :D .

Now Im reading The Game of Thrones(again) because I now have the other 3 books.

17. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

"Angels Flight" by Michael Connelly. Guess I found where to go from The Dark Tower.

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@Morgoth

the 4th book is out already?? is it out on paperback? i just finished A storm of swords.

19. AMaster Gems: 26/31

Media:
    "Darwin's Children", Greg Bear.

All fear the next stage in human evolution! ;)

20. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    @Enagonios, no actually Storm of Swords is 2 books.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.