1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where is everyone from? (Any Swedes?)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Melkhior, Jun 5, 2001.

1. jester1137 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

no offense intended by the next remark, and trust me, I know better, so don't try to pour poop on my head or anything.

You guys do realize that to the rest of the world you're all just scandanavians?

I'm going to duck now.

2. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Are we gonna start a scandinavian fan club or something?

I'm also from Denmark BTW.

3. Seric Exz Guest

[​IMG] Swedes and Norwegians cooperate? Let's take a closer look at that, shall we? (Or if you're easily bored, you might want to look the other way for a few moments)

The Swedes and Norwegians will engage in a 6-month-long political battle over where the fanclub's HQ should be, each party quite confident that they will be able to screw the other party over. The battle will result in at least 2 separate fanclubs; at least one Norwegian and one Swedish, the members of which will boldly claim that their fanclub is much better than the other. After a year or so, the Swedish branch will most likely attempt to take over the Norwegian branch.

However, the Norwegian government will decide that the laws of a Free Market, Democracy (and all that) only apply in cases where it would benefit the government (and agriculture, for some reason), and thus they would conclude that the takeover is most likely illegal, and must be stopped at all costs. (This will, of course, lead to that all Swedes will add a number of jokes about Norwegians to their repertoire, and vice versa).

The Norwegians will then (quite unprovoked) say something like "We have the oil! Nyaaah! :p", and the Swedes will point out that the merits of the Norwegian ice-hockey team are really pathetic.
    (Then they realize that this is getting a little old, and go back to being friends again)

Ah, well... maybe someday... ;)

[This message has been edited by Seric Exz (edited June 09, 2001).]

4. LowboDyiss Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

1) Austria
    2) there are hardly Swedish people here cause your country is empty....all people left it for cheaper (and much better) beer in middle-europa!

P.S.: You may not know but Austria was the biggest country in Europe at the beginning of the 20th century. We didnĀ“t even have to conquer all the land....our dictators just married the hostile princes and princesses.
    P.P.S.: ITALIANS: I want you to give southern Tirol back! thieves! ;)

5. Melkhior Guest

norway sux.

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Swedes actually settled in Delaware a few hundred years ago...So, I guess there's a bit of a connection there....

7. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Fear not fair Kitiara, I too am Canadian, from the City of Champions: Edmonton!
    I think there are a few Canadain kicking around these boards, we just don't like to brag :D
    Ummm, I knew a Swedish exchange student in high school.

8. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Danes are cool. I speak their language. Swedes are cool. I speak their language
    Norwegeans are cool. Hot babes.

Let's be geeks and start a fanclub... uhhh. Let's have a drink. No a bunch of drinks and townboose till ToB comes out.

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    hehe serious xc (or something) your descripton sounded awfully like the attempted merge between Swedens and Norways biggest telephone companies. It was exactly like that and all came to nothin. A swedish minister called Norway for the last communist country or something like that.
    there should be some healthy rivalry between neighbouring countries.

10. Kerric Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Norway
    Sweden? Two good things about that country. Nice looking girls, and Swedish Amateurs 1 :)

[This message has been edited by Kerric (edited June 12, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.