1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where is Bush's Next Target?

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by dmc, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    No, I really cannot agree. I used to believe that, but now it seems that a lot of people vote for the man (or woman) and not on the issues. For instance, many polls showed that Americans disagreed with Bush on the issues in 2004, but they voted for him anyway, since he was a supposed "strong leader."

For those of you who underestimate Hillary: Consider three things - her husband is the smartest politician on the planet (even Republicans agree on that), she has a ton of money to run on, and don't rule out the possibility of a Hillary/Obama ticket in 2008.

But Bill in the White House again? It would put Rush back in rehab.

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    This republican disagrees. Bill was the slickest politician on the planet, not the smartest. There is a difference.

3. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    T2 - I guess I could have qualified that comment a bit. :p :

Looks like we will have to make a new thread, just on the Clintons....

4. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

@Aldeth: Ah yes, I actually did know about Buchanan, he just slipped my mind.

5. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Wait, only JFK was Catholic? I thought Bill Clinton was a Catholic, although it might be that I'm just stereotypizing because he was from a Southern State. Well, I think for him there wasn't that much of a difference: I doubt he was incredibly religious anyway.

Anyway, I just hope the next US president is as different from the current as can be. Whether they will be good presidents I can't predict, but imo it will send a good message. Hopefully that will be a lesson that when you mess up, you pay for it no matter how much you spin and obfuscate. I wish it happened in 2004, though.

@ T2Bruno: no offense, but not on the planet. It may be my "national"pride, but I think the world champion you can find in Sofia - or Kurdzhali, most of the time. He didn't have Clinton's chance to make it to POTUS, but being a coalition partner in 6 consecutive governments with different political orientation, despite having a party that is borderline unconstitutional, being involved in some major corruption scandals, having a past in a service that seriously oppressed his current electorate and doing nothing to stop said electorate's slide into poverty makes for a very impressive CV, don't you think?

6. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    @T2Bruno:

When it comes to politicians, I'm not sure there is a difference. :almostmad:

@Chandos:

You may be more right than you think. Peter A. Andersen mentions in his book The Complete Idiot's Guide to Body Language that over the last 100 years, the tallest candidate has won all but two presidential elections. (I think he means only Democrat and Republican candidates.) So much for the issues...

General comments:

If I had been American, I might have voted Republican in '08 - depending on the fate of Ron Paul's bid for the presidency.

I think most of the Founding Fathers, including at the very least Thomas Jefferson, were Deists, not either Protestants or Catholics or any other specific Christian branch.

7. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Nope Bill was Protestant. In fact, most Southerns are, in fact, Protestants (note, most Evangelicals are Protestants as well). The Bible Belt (which is in the South) is mostly Baptist to be precise.

8. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Finally found the pic I was looking for, since it is amusing in its own way. CLICK.

9. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I thought that he was Catholic also. I guess I was making assumptions as he had his tongue up Gerry Adams ass.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.