1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where is Bush's Next Target?

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by dmc, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Lord FOX Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

@Amaster
    "can and will conduct terrorist activities against American emplacements the world over, if given cause."
    Certainly.
    They are also may "looking" a good "excuse"; as "may" American Goverment their next "treath"

2. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I don't think America's reputation can take another blow like that. It would be nothing but a declaration of war to attack Iran.

But then again, with Bush in charge...

3. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

America's reputation is already as low as it can be. At least until someone else is elected as president.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

In the news over here, they are saying it will either be an African American, or a woman. But I don't know how much science is behind that prediction.

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I'd say the chances of that happening are no better than 50%. Because of the two party system, either a Democrat or Republican will be elected president. On the Democrat side, the two leading canidates up to this point are Hillary Clinton and Barak Obama. Hillary, as her first name suggests, is a woman, and Obama is African American. So, if a Democrat wins there is a reasonable chance that it is either a woman or an African American.

However, the obvious counterarguement can be made that a Republican will win. While the list of Republicans is not yet clearly defined, the two biggest names on the list (John McCain and Rudi Guliani) are both white men. So a Republican president would likely not be either a woman or African American.

6. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Clinton won't win, she's too widely hated, and while I hope that Obama and Feingold would be the democrats president and VP choices, that isn't too big of a chance.

Unfortunatly.

7. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    I really like Feingold too, and I think he would make a fine president. However, going by his name, it would appear that he belongs to a minority group as well - Feingold definitely sounds Jewish.

8. Register Gems: 29/31

Yeah, he's Jewish, but I do not really see how any sane human care. He's a good, honest, and reputable politican, and if you agree to his ideas, then you shouldn't give two ****s about his religion. He could be a pagan for all I care, it shouldn't matter.

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Unfortunately, there are far too many people in America that judge the quality of person by race, religion, and gender.

I think Barak and Hillary can address some much needed issues in the campaign -- but I don't think either can carry the nomination. If, on the off chance, they do get the democratic nod I doubt either would defeat a republican candidate. Not this election, maybe in 4-8 years.

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

So, once again, we are just getting sensationalist popcorn coverage of political events ("Meet the new black president!"). No wonder so many people are so ignorant.

11. Argohir Gems: 10/31

Time to have an African president has already came. I'm not too much concerned about race, but AFAIK, all presidents were white.

12. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    A few months ago I believed that the next president would definitely be a Democrat. However, if either Clinton or Obama is the Democratic candidate I think that it will end up being a Republican. The two main Republicans (McCain and Guiliani) are little more than Democrats in Republicans clothing anyway, although McCain is more Hawkish. I'm not familiar with Feingold at all. I like Tom Tancredo from Colorado but he probably has no chance.

13. Register Gems: 29/31

Argohir, yes, white as a ghost, all of them.

The closest thing they have had that was a deviant from the standard US president was Kennedy, cause he was a Catholic. Otherwise, it's white, straight, male, protestant, and married presidents all over the field.

Quite sickening, if you ask me.

14. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Well, that's really not much of a threat, since it's widely known that they have already been doing just that.

As for the race for prez: There has been a lot of talk regarding Obama, but the insiders say that Hillary already has her ducks in place for the nomination. You have to understand, that it is a political party, which means that party members make the decisions, not outsiders. But that could change if Al Gore decides to step into the fray. He still has a lot of support among the party members, since he is the true liberal among a host of democratic "libreal" pretenders. You can talk about race and personality all you want, but some of us are concerned with the issues.

15. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Indeed. So you don't mind telling me when Sweden had anything that would not fit the definition above as prime minister? ;)

16. Register Gems: 29/31

Plenty of our prime ministers have been non-Christians, but yeah, we're not much better.

Although, it looks like we're getting a female Prime Minister in four years.

17. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Same here, but maybe sooner. :)

18. Register Gems: 29/31

Hillary won't be elected. The moderates hate her, and so do a sizeable portion of the more die-hard liberals too. Obama got a bigger chance than she does.

19. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    You are mostly correct. It is true that with the exception of Kennedy, all previous Presidents were protestants. It is also true that all previous Presidents were white, male, and at least professed to be straight. However, James Buchanan was in fact a bachelor. You don't hear much about Buchanan, probably because he was the President immediately before the much more famous Lincoln.

20. Argohir Gems: 10/31

Yes, everyone is concerned about that. I always prefer a democrat over a republican, regardless of race, personality, gender etc.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.