1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What's your favourite day of the year?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shell, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Mine absolutely HAS to be Christmas Day. I love the whole thing, the build up, the presents, midnight service at church, and the whole feeling of family :)

2. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    For me, it's Thanksgiving. Food, family & friends, and football, without all that messy religion getting in the way. :) Fourth of July is the hot-weather version, and a close second (with fireworks instead of football).

Then again, July 18 is pretty nice, and I'm partial to April 23, and the third Wednesday of September usually can't be beat... ;)

3. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

New Year's Eve, when I turn in early.

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I'd have to go with christmas. Been up north with family, nice sunny weather, playing outside on my grandparent's farm, great fun. Oh and presents and the food of course.

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Any fullmoon would do. I get all hairy, my nails get longer and my muscles almost burst out of my skin. Since there is no cattle in this neighbourhood the cat hides from me and my bloodthirsty slaughtering frenzy. Such a delight.
    But that's just fiction, really! It's just fiction! :mommy:

Death Rabbit's birthday is quite a nice day and so is the usual saturday, but I think Queen's Day ('Koninginnedag' is English?) is one of my favos. We celebrate the birthday of our queen, everything is orange (national colour) and people are standing kneedeep in beer. Be sure to be free of work/school the next day. Little dwarves with massive hammers are repairing the damage done to your brain. :bang:

6. Black Heart Banned

Christmas and Thanksgiving are just commercial holidays, but getting gifts is nice.

The fave day must be 3rd or 4th June, that's the day, when school usually ends and we have a whole freaking 3 months to spend.

7. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Christmas, IMO, isn't a commercial holiday if you don't make it to be one. It's a time to get out side and enjoy the sun!

8. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Any day that is just *good*. A day where everything goes well and where no problems lie on the horizon. No holiday tends to be like that however nice they are.

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Depends. Christmas maybe. Or New Year's Eve, hehe. Depends on the females and on the liquids.

10. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    17th May...Why? I don't know

11. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The only day I care about is the 13th of may. Why? Because it quite simply is my birthday. New years eve is rather nice, but expectation are usually too high. As for all the other holidays, well they are a celebration to some dead person who lived a couple of thousand years ago, so why bother?

12. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Actually I kinda like Thursday

[ November 01, 2003, 19:11: Message edited by: Dragonfly ]

13. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Interesting comment there, dragonfly ;)

14. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Sorry about blank...I though it didnt post so I posted again and then I was worried that I had a double post so I tried to delete the first one but I couldn't, so I just left it blank....anyway, I put something in there now because I see there is indeed only one post after all...(sorry about the off topic)

15. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Weekends, sleepy sleepy Saturdays and Sundays.

16. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Tuesday is the day we gather to play AD&D, which is quite enjoyable, so tuesday is one of my favourite days...
    I also like New Years Day, when you just sit, watch ski-jumping on tv and eat and drink everything left from the day before...

17. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I like many many days in the year, from the nice hot sunny days, to the big chilling snowy days. Christmas is always cozy with the family together.

18. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The day when school ends and summer starts, love that day :) Shame it's so far away :(

19. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Wednesday nights to be specific as I get to talk to my son then...I wish every night could be Wednesday night, though my wallet is glad that's not the case

20. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Thanksgiving Day! I know it's just an American holiday but I just LOVE Turkey and Stuffing!!! That, and the symbols of family and tradition that are observed on that day...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.