1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What's your favorite weapon?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by jA, Dec 4, 2005.

1. jA Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] So what's your favorite weapon?
    I like two weapon fighting!
    So then is Black Blade of Disaster(i shall consider this as a weapon)+Black Razor! I just love these swords!
    They are almost the same.
    To bad that Black Razor is only +3... :(

2. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    it would have to be the Flail of Ages.

It comes with a longer story which includes Nalia's father and the player character, it has a little more interesting way of being put together than the rest of the artifacts, and it's a pretty fine and strong weapon all in all.

Then you get those extra flail heads later on...

Pity that there was no connection with any of the rakshasa even though the weapon description says so. That would've been interesting.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Crom Faeyr's 25 STR makes it a must. Dual-wield that with Axe of the Unyielding +5 and you've got a very lethal combo. :evil:

4. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Whatever is best to kill what is in front of me at the time.
    ;)

5. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] Darts

6. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

I think either questpack og UB has taken care of this little problem... ;)

I like axes

7. Mistyca Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Flail of Ages
    Crom Faeyr
    Axe of the Unyelding
    Ravager for the 2h weapon

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

FoA, Crom Faeyr, the Wave.

9. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I have to agree with Felinoid on this one. The Axe of the Unyielding dual wielded with Crom Faeyr is my favourite.

10. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

I like Foebane +5 (which am currently using on my PC Fighter/Mage ), I also like the Staff of the Magi.
    Maybe Carsomyr +5, but am not sure!? :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  11. Mistyca Gems: 5/31

I also like Foebane, but i think it would be good to find it earlier in the game...when you obtain it, usually i have better options and end up never using it...

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I loved Jhor the Bleeder in SoA. Can't remember what I used in ToB... I think I switched between a bunch depending on what I was fighting.

13. Aerie's Number One Fan Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Media:
    As a Ninja with Katana, Scimitar and Two Weapon Style, I loved backstabbing people with Celestial Fury and Hindo's Doom/Usuno's Blade. I'd usually do nearly 100 HP's of damage, though sometimes I'd get more than 100, and one time I did 202 HP's of damage. You can't beat backstabbing people into oblivion.

14. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Flail of Ages, The Wave, Angurvadal, Ravager, and Hindo's Doom.

"Hindo's DOOOOOOOOOOM!" -- Cespenar

15. Koki Gems: 5/31

Blackrazor. I like long swords, I like how it looks, and I like how it works.

16. Cantlos Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

With my evil Fighter/thief:

Dualling Spectral Brand and Angurvadal, with the latter as off-hand. Having taken the evil path at the end of SOA, this boosts my strength to 24.
    In SOA I'd have to go for CF and the Equaliser, for their extra abilities.

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I have several favorite weapons for each of the classes and NPCs. So here's my list:

PC:
    • Monk - Fists, Angurvadal +4 (+5)
    • Mage/Sorcerer - Dagger of the Star +4 (+5)
    • Fighter types - Spectral Brand +5, Lilarcor +5 (item upgrade mod)
    Sarevok - Axe of the Unyielding +4 (+5), The Ravager +4 (+6)
    Jaheira - Throwing Impaler +4 (Item Upgade Mod)
    Immy/Yoshi - Celestial Fury +3 (+5 IUM)
    Aerie - Storm Star +3 (+5)
    Kelsey - Staff of the Ram +4 (+6), Staff of Elemental Mastery +5 (IUM)

That's pretty much it. They all have a combo of melee and ranged weapons, but those listed are my personal favorites. :rolling:

18. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Oh jA, isn't it just like me to agree with you! Dual wielding is the way to go for me in BGII!

But because i usually play with a Thief kit of some kind AND i backstab, i prefer +5 weapons.

And i Looooove the Spectral Brand Scimitar! It's a +5 weapon so that's a big +, and it also does 1d6 cold damage too! Oh yes, plus all the little devious additions you get after your little friend in the abyss fixes it up for you! :D

For the off-hand, probably the Angurvadal because of the fire damage and strength enhancement.

Although i just realised thieves could backstab with a staff! So the Staff of the Ram has become a real favourite too!!!

19. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I like that sword you get of Jamis Tombelthen in ToB, the one that lowers magic resistance.

20. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I love Drizzt's Defender for the armor class boost, but that bastard Harkle shows up to take it back.

If you kill him does he go away? I cheated out two of them one time and deul wielded but it was overkill and I got board.

Crom Faeyr is awesome as well.

Lilarcor is funny as all heck!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.