1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What's your favorite non crpg game!?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Kovalis Darkfire, Apr 8, 2003.

1. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Lay off the caps, there's no need for that or excessive exclamation marks.

3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Have to agree with Khelben: the Curse of Monkey Island. It's absolutely the best game I played.

4. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Warcraft 3 is the ultimate strategy game. :)

5. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I am horrible at all rts. I find them extremely difficult. I do like WC3 and AoE2 and such though.

6. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

The Jagged Alliance serie. It combines the best from CRPG's and RTS. Its simply the best of the best. A great forum where I am named Gideon.

7. trillex Gems: 13/31

I played the second one but I found it too.. Fallout like (Not that I hate it but Fallout should be played in Fallout).

8. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

But its much more strategic than Fallout 2. And the JA serie is actually older than the Fallout serie. Its all the way from 91. The order is:

Name - Year of release - A short comment. Grade/of Game - Comment of the game.

Ambush - 1991 - A testing game, only for the programmers. ?/10 - Never played.

Jagged Alliance - 1994 - The strategy game of the year by PC gamer and many other magazines and revolutionary. 6/10 - Too old and slow at some times.

Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games - 1995 - As Jagged Alliance but more guns, a campaign editor and more mercenaries. 8/10 - Too little Guns and too much crappy mercs.

Jagged Alliance 2 - 1998 - Revolutionary and in 3D for the first time in the Ja serie. Bad publishing maked it unknown. 9/10 - Only misses a mission editor and a multiplayer.

Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Buisseness(sp?) - An expansion that removed most RPG elements and maked it a mostly war game. Not as good, everyone, even the critics said. 7/10 - Too little RPG and too much war. Finally the mission editor.

Unofficiall Mods:

Jagged Alliance 2: Dedrianna Lives - 2001 - Have recieved over 600.000 English downloads and 200.000 German and Russians. 8/10 - Many bugs that still aren't fixed and a little bit rough around the edges.

Jagged Alliance 2: Urban Chaos - 2003 - Not ready yet but looks terrific. They have been working on it since late 2000 and it looks great. ?/10 - Haven't played it yet but I think it'll be a 10/10 even though it wont have multiplayer nor a mission editor.

It was Deadly Games that I played first and me and my four brothers loved it. You all gotta det these games. At least JA:DG and JA2.

9. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Jagged Alliance 2, the Fallout series, Deus Ex, System Shock 2, Crimson Skies, MechWarrior 4, Ghost Recon, Starcraft, Morrowind (of course :D ), and Daggerfall. As I'm sure you can tell, I like quite a few kinds of games, but these are my favorites. :)

10. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

A lot of games: Age of Myhology --- it is absolute RTS heaven --- obligatory even if you don't like the genre.---
    Deus Ex --- one of the best games ever (ref. to above stated)---
    Warcraft III was good too, as was Starcraft (Orcs in Space :) ) -- Star Trek Elite Force was entertaining too -- and CivII and disciples and Heroes III and IV deserve special noting too -- these were the highlights, but there are a lot more games that are great too, not to forget prequels to WC and AoM.

/me cast #summon people @sorcerers~# ---those that succeed in their save vs. spells will be magically slain --- those that save vs. death too will be killed with conventional weapons---

11. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I have neither the resources nor the time to play as many games as some of you folks do, but before I got hooked on the BG series, I played a really slick strategy game called "Stars!" It had an introductory story (not much) and then it was galactic domination all the way! Very fun game. Too bad I lost the CD :sosad:

12. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31

@Kam, how good was the fallout series? It looked prety fun but also seemed to be rather an odd game.

13. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

when i'm not playing crpg's, i like the THPS series.

14. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] I don't have a favorite non CRPG game. :D
    But if I really have to choose: Warcraft3

15. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Thats an easy question. Civilization, the first one, after that they got rediculas (spelling?), although i must admit I have never played the third one. Age of Empires seires was also great!

16. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    What an old replies, doh! whatever I think I realy liked Seiken Densetsu III ( secret of mana II) Chrono Trigger, Sim city 3k, Syberia, all of the Metroid, the zelda series and Eternal Darkness

Edit: When would I learn to not make grammatical error on Sp?!...sigh...

17. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Civ 1 and the Heroes series

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.