1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What's your favorite character to play?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Klorox, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

just a human wizard, or a gnome fighter/illusionist or cleric/illusionist

2. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

One word. Rogue. They are the coolest. Period. Look at my title. Look at my avatar. Why, look at my personal picture even!! Chicks dig guys with skills. No one has more skills than rogues. Chicks dig rogues.

Need I say more?

3. w.d. Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

heh, my vaf is a human paladin.. for rpin purposes really.. I like doing good stuff, dont like to ask for rewards and give every beggar a coin. I dont steal or kill for money.. when I try playing an evil party I end up losing my companions because I just cant stand being evil lol.

4. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Bards are cool. Versatile, high caster level and laid back. I enjoyed taking my half elven cleric/mage through BG1 (couldnt stand the loss of arcane necromancy, so decided to forgo the gnome option) but found him to overegg the pudding by the time I got the the Underdark in BG2. Im a big fan of interesting combos like cleric/thief as well. Anything to keep the game fresh and challenging.

5. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Originally posted by JiggaJay:
    I think you should say it one more time, just to make sure we get it. ;)

6. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I've only played three so far.

Paladin~

Maybe the easiest when you can upgrade to Undead Hunter in BG2. A little one dimensional though in BG1 since you can't learn any magic. It's just hack and slash with Spider's Bane.

Mage (dualed from a Fighter)~

Mages are the most interesting. Always new spells to learn and when dualed from a fighter you can get nice combat skills. My guy was a killer archer in BG1 after he caught up in levels.

Thief (dualed from a Fighter)~

I'm playing an evil one now. A most interesting character. Even when limited to my +3 studded leather I can avoid most damage when fighting up front with my fighter (Kagain). The dagger of venom is an awesome weapon. It will be better once I level up enough to get my fighter skills and I can get my 4 ****'s in short swords back, and can wear a helm of glory and a magial shield.

7. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31

I prefer paladins, cause i just CAN'T play evil, i'm to "good" to do it.
    But a couple of weeks ago started on my first "succesfull" evil trip, my previous ones only ended in killing certain people.

8. Whoa.KinG Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I've never been evil.
    IWD: Half-Elf fighter/thief
    IWD2: Drow rogue/wizard
    BG: Human Fighter
    BG2: Elf Barbarian
    NWN: Human Fighter/cleric/champ of torm

9. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

IWD:Fighter Druid love those physical resistances in water elelmental form
    BG2: Kensai Thief
    NWN: rouge8/bard2/Arcane ArcherX

and of course BG Ranger or a bard depending on my mood.

10. spooky Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

race Half-elf ranger, or cleric/mage

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] This is the BG1 forum, so stick to that game, people. If someone wants to do a general favourite class thread, they can open it in The Playground.

12. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    In the early days I never realized how powerful rogues were in bg1.

I didn't even know that disarming traps was possible.

Then I found out you don't have to be a sharpshooter to hit with arrows of detonation...

And when I soloed with a dwarven rogue, I fell in love with the class.

Next comes the bard, for the challenge and the versability.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.