1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What's your all-time worst movie?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Chris Williams, Dec 4, 2003.

1. InquisitorX Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

2. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

You mean I'm NOT the only one to have seen The Stupids?? Thank you InquisitorX, you've helped me realise I'm not the only unfortunate one.

A couple of others that now qualify for me are The Exorcist 2000 (seriously disappointing, though I did sit through it), and Duel. I heard nothing but raves about Duel and about how you can see the earlier influences on Jaws and the like but what on earth is so thrilling about watching a dude driving along and then getting hounded by a truck that later got ripped off for the awful mess that was Jeepers Creepers? I actually fast-forwarded through almost all of it.

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    HEEEY! I liked his Rayden! That Little clucking noise followed by "I don't think so"... gets me every time.

And Highlander does not suck! :p

I must add Queen of the Damned. It was so bad I nearly cried... I mean, come on, lestat would NEVER be that... flabby! Annd the "music"? *shudder*

4. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] I'm surprised no one mentioned Star Wars: The Phantom Menace!

That movie had great special effects, great music, no character development and a rather sketchy plot.

5. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I've not seen 'Exorcist 2000' as I was never a big fan of the original. I did, however, have the very great misfortune to see 'Repossessed' starring Leslie Nielsen and Linda Blair. There is little in this world that is more wretched than unfuny comedy and there is no comedy unfunnier than 'Repossessed'. I really felt for Linda Blair, since presumably she's not had a break since 1973 and is reduced to appearing in dreck like this.

6. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I would have to say the worst movies I've ever seen are probably as follows.

Billy Eliott - A movie about a boy growing up in a mining town who wants to be a dancer. Oh, and his best friend likes to wear dresses. I mean, it was based on a true story and all, but this particular true story was just inescapably, undeniably BORING. I spaced out during that movie the way I normally only do in class.

Pootie Tang - Renting this was probably a mistake: The whole movie is just one strange thing after another. And not in a good way. The main character is one enormous stereotype, except nothing he says makes a lick of sense. Not to mention that the plot was more brainless than that from Dungeons & Dragons. Oddly, my brothers liked it.

Durango Kids - A movie I'd never heard of where several kids from the present go back in time to 18something to stop some bandits from robbing a bank in a small town that died out as a result. Not a terrifically bad storyline, but the kids are just TERRIBLE over actors. At one point, they're sitting around in the generic secret clubhouse, watching one of them play Ocarina of Time on the N64. (Weirdly, it shows actual footage from the game, and plays actual music, but the music isn't from that part of the game. It has the store music playing in front of Ganon's Tower.) Anyway, they're acting like it's the single most exciting thing that has ever happened, or ever will happen. I think the defining moment of the movie was when they had snuck aboard a train to follow a map, and, in the middle of a crowded passenger compartment, one of them says, rather loudly, in fact, "What if we get caught?"

There are a lot of bad movies out there.

This is a website called Something Awful. Appropriately enough, what they do is review video games, movies, and other things that they expect will suck. Occasionally they'll be surprised and find something that isn't half bad, but for the most part, they're so bad it's funny. Warning: This site is not meant for kids. It uses extreme bad language, references to many things kids should certainly never see, and graphic reviews of Japanese Hentai games. So don't go here if little kids are watching.

7. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Originally posted by Chris Williams:
    'Repossessed' starring Leslie Nielsen and Linda Blair

ANYTHING starring Leslie Nielsen sucks really, except I did enjoy Flying High when I first saw it
    'I AM serious, and don't call me Shirley' cracked me up the first time. That movie gets a sentimental nod from me but anything else he's done really irritates me.

@The Soul Forever Seeking
    I saw Pootie Tang about a year ago thinking it might be funny but I agree, it reeks.

Saw Mullholland Falls yesterday, not too bad at first but where on earth did the plot go?? By the end I was almost asleep. One good thing about it - Jennifer Connelly.

8. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

spawn was a huge disapointment to me, I was ashmed that i spent the money on it. Space cowboy sucked too.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.