1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What's my beef?! What's my beef?!

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Mystra's Chosen, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I edited out the distasteful remark about Bush because I don't want any more focus on it. This post was never really supposed to be anti-american. It was supposed to be about the "culture of fear" in North America. I don't hold any resentment against Bush that I don't hold against other polititions. I said that Jean was a bigger moron than Bush , and there hasn't been any talk of that.

My opinion is that, until there is significant proof you shouldn't cut a lifeline. Innocent until proven guilty. At least that's what I thought.

ps: Don't be so hard on Tal. I am sure that each of you can remember a time when he took your side on a post at one time or another. Besides, he's the smartest one here.

2. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Are people in the UK back to eating beef normally then? I'd been wondering about that. I still don't think I can donate blood in Canada on account of having lived in the UK in the 1980s, and therefore being a suspected mad cow myself or something like that.

I'm surprised to learn that Canadians, too, are avoiding Canadian beef. I thought everything was back to normal after a week, when it was proven to be an isolated case. In this household we are mostly vegetarians, but when the price of Canadian beef plummeted due to this Mad Cow rumour I packed the freezer full of the stuff. Can't resist a bargain!

Well, maybe he does, but Canadian politics are so unbelievably boring that I think we are all secretly pleased when our prime minister does something awful enough to make us actually pay attention - even if we don't approve of the awful thing in question. It just makes politics so much more interesting. Other Great Moments in Jean Chretien's Prime Ministerial career include strangling a protester, right in front of a TV camera, and the time his wife beat up an intruder with a soapstone sculpture. Who needs a Secret Service? Aline Chretien and a stone walrus are all you need. :lol: We haven't had a Prime Minister this loony since Mackenzie King, who had a psychic on his staff to contact the spirit of his dead dog for political advice.

Canadians have been calling Chretien a moron since we elected him. Daily, in my case, and often with an obscene qualifier. So having a senior member of Chretien's staff call someone ELSE a moron is just too funny. Chretien even said as much, something like, "why is Bush offended? Everyone calls me a moron all the time."

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, it is obvious that he does not diffrentiate that himself... his CHA is, after all, 0.

To be serious... I think it's because of the geographical nearness...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.