1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Whatever Happens... Happens (SoA)

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Big B, Sep 15, 2001.

1. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

That was his concept from the start: randomly predetermine who was going to be in the party and Marcus' major game decisions. Then stick to them, and deal with any and all consequences, rather than try to rationalize behaving otherwise. :-D

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] "As we passed on through the narrow hallways we got a glimpse of some of the invaders, or what was left of them really. Bodies were strewn about the hallway, twisted in some pretty nasty shapes. I looked over at Jaheira to see how she was taking all this in. Her jaw was set and she looked ahead determined. I realized it was going to take a lot more than some bodies to stop Jaheira from finding Khalid and getting free from this place. Then without warning a lightning bolt shot out from what seemed like nowhere and grazed my shoulder, making me suddenly forget about that headache I had. Jaheira ducked and rolled as a small, winged creature came out of the shadows at her. We must have both said it at the same time and with the same level of disgust, 'Mephits!'. Dodging the next lightning bolt, I spotted a wheel mounted on a strange structure in the room, which seemed to be the source of the lightning. After a quick tug I remember hearing a strange buzz and the lightning stopped. A few moments later, we left the dead mephit behind as we ventured on into a oddly colored cavern. Inside the cavern, a few crystals had caught my eye when I heard the unmistakable laugh of a geenie. I relaxed when I realized the genie was not neccessarily out to fight us. He asked me a rather strange question about buttons and cages, I can't quite recall the whole of it but it was just one of those questions where I just had to pull out my lucky wooden chip and let fate decide."

*Marcus pulls a small wooden chip out of what seems like thin air and shows it to you. On one side is a carved symbol of a crown and on the other is the symbol of a broken sword.

"I've had this since I was a youth in Candlekeep. Winthrop, the shopkeeper of Candlekeep let me keep it one day when I found it in a coin purse that had been bartered to him by a passing mage. Winthrop kept the purse saying I was too young for its magics but he did let me have this chip. Many of a decision to be made has been a result of this chip. When I seem at a loss for answers, I turn to this chip and see what happens. I started using it this way when I took tests back in Candlekeep. It became my 'educated guess'. Well that's why I am a rogue adventurer and not some scholar buried beneath a pile of books in Candlekeep."

*Marcus gives you a quick wink ;) and puts the chip away as quickly as he produced it, shifts in his chair, and continues with his story...

"I use it so often, and so quickly most of the time no one notices. However that genie was a quick one and I could tell by the grin on his face in the twinkle in his eye he had seen me. But then he focused on my answer and told me to prepare. With that the genie had dissapeared and an ogre mage replaced him and began to advance on us. Taken by surprise we did manage to injure the ogre mage but not before he had wounded us. In a flash he was gone and genie came back only to say he had thought we were better prepared. Despite the genie's strange behavior we pressed on through the hallways, remniscient of old sewer passages, and fought our way through mephits and goblins alike. We also had to watch out for the occasional trap. Luckily, Jaheira was quite familiar with a spell of hers which easily detects traps. In one room we stumbled upon some glass containers mostly broken, but one had what was left of some creature trapped inside. Whatever it was it knew we were nearby and called out to us. Once I learned of the creature's plight I put him out of his misery and let him slip into Oblivion. This only made Jaheira more determined to find out who this 'master' was and put a stop to his tyrrany. I reminded her we that should not jump to conclusions and see what would happen next. Using a plate of some sort that had been pointed out to us by the tortured creature, we activated a nearby sewage golem and were able to convince it to open up some doors that we had previously found locked tight. While the golem preformed his tasks we realized we were going to need rest if we were to continue on, as dangerous as it may have seemed. We opted for a quick nap, concealed behind some large crystals back in the cavern room. When we awoke, refreshed and spell-ready we headed into the newly opened rooms only to find a gruesome Otuygh starring us back in the face. It was a tough fight but with the help of magic we both brought the monster down. Not long after we passed through an old library and into a band of duergar fighters. There was even a mage in their midst, but let me tell you the spell 'Horror' works wonders."

*Marcus breaks out into a rougish grin and then continues... :happy:

"We were able to get some suitable loot from the duergar as well as a mysterious set of acorns. I held on to them because little things like that always get my attention. Anywho, we were taken aback as we found another hallway which lead to a carpeted and well furnished room. We proceeded with caution and found some nymphs who were friendly and asked us for help in freeing them. Before I could get a yay or a nay in, Jaheira offered our services. I asked the nymphs why they couldn't just leave and they told me that if they left their trees they would die. I would have to find their seeds and take them to their Queen, who they said resided in a place called the Windspear Hills. Then, surprising them I produced the acorns I had looted from the duergar and asked 'These wouldn't be what you are talking about would they?' They were so delighted, that they indulged some information to us on how we might escape this prison. For the first time since our capture I saw Jaheira smile. And let me tell you, I've always loved her smile. So we followed their directions and entered another furnished room in search of a portal key. An alarm went off so fast it startled me and I nearly set off a trap on the floor. Jaheira warned me to stay clear of the room and prepare for anyone to come. Fearing some golems might come, as they seemed to be the 'security' around that place I cast one of my all time favorite spells, 'Melf's Minute Meteors'. You gotta love those Melf spells. :grin: Sure enough, we were ambushed by those thick-headed golems, but I hurled those fiery meteors at them so quickly they didn't know what hit them. Meanwhile, a woodland nymph that Jaheira had summoned healed our wounds as we prepared to search the booby-trapped room for the key. Jaheira had just learned a new spell that really came in handy. It's a neat spell called 'Ironskins' and it gives the caster a protective outer skin of iron. This really helped absorb trap damage, especially from the traps where a spike came out of the floor. I really hate that kind, I got hit once by a similar trap, let me tell you it's not a plesant experience --couldn't sit for days. Once we had the key we were on our way to the portal, not knowing what was ahead us, but certainly not looking behind us...

- Marcus Dirago

Well here's the next installment. Enjoy. About predetermining the romance, I had to have something to go by, it was random and I did "let fate decide." BTW I did flip a coin for the genie's question too and that did result in me saying I would press the button. Too bad we weren't able to finish off the ogre mage :heh: We are making it, no one has died but we have had to rest a few times. Spells that are keeping us alive are Call Woodland Beings, all heal spells of course, cure posion, insect plague, Jahiera's new Iron skins, my Melf's Minute Meteors, Horror, Mirror Image, Shield and Armor (for me). We also did the other genie and his lamp as well as the Cambion too. I attempted to learn Fireball and failed, but did learn Armor. The next level of Jon's hideout should be interesting...whatever happens...happens :D

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited September 20, 2001).]

3. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

I like Marcus' narrative style, and I also like how clearly I can see what actually happened in your game through his descriptions. (-: Keep it up!

4. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] I like the friendly nature of the story. Abd the personality you are building in.

But this will get longer than any walkthrough ever written. It would be a shame if your story was a burden more than a joy.

Where is Minsc and Imoen now? You said they split up. Is that like dropping them from the party or just leaving them behind?

Anyway I like this. Good Luck

5. Nivek The Mad Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Way to go Big B! I am also following the
    "DUH" thread adventure, too. Both mightily entertaining - keep up the good work!

:wave:

6. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] "Most portals let you walk through them and appear somewhere else generally unscathed, this was not one of those portals. Jaheira and I were thrown onto the cold stone floor as we emerged from the other side of the portal. To top it off their was a ton of smoke in the room. As it began to clear up a dark skinned man armed with a katana approached. But a fight did not ensue. We learned that the man, Yoshimo, was a prisoner of the dungeon as well. He could not offer us much information; however he did warn us about the upcoming rooms and some of the dangers that were within. Gently declining any further 'assistance' from this man, who Jaheira kept eying suspicously, we parted ways. I decided to look into the matter using a clairvoyaince scroll I found. Once I cast it, I could see the entire floor, and although I could not tell where exactly our enemies were, I did have a hunch. I got together with Jaheira and we brainstormed which rooms we could explore, and what possible tatics we might use. As we stormed into the next room we saw the mephit portals that Yoshimo had described to us. Ignoring all other mephits in the oddly lit room, we unrelentlessly focused our attacks on each of the mephit portals, one at a time. Pausing, I took a deep breath and heard Jaheira gasp. Something spread on the other side of the room had caught her attention. As I investigated I realized it was Khalid's corpse, quite desecrated to the point where ressurection attempts would have been futile. Jaheira was beyond words and..."

*Marcus looks away for a second and then continues,

"...and I stood silent and remembered the adventures we had shared with Khalid. Ultimately though everyone must pass on, and Khalid would not have wanted his death to deter us or put us in danger by giving up right then and there. Jaheira, woefully realized this and took up Khalid's sword and some locks of his hair to hold onto. Then with one final look at her lost love, Jaheira vowed she would avenge his death and I knew she meant this whole-heartedly. I would be right beside her too, for Khalid was a good friend. Shouts of fighting down the hall startled us, but also signaled to us that we needed to move on if we wanted a chance to escape. We eventually wound up in a large room where magic missiles and beams of ice were flying in all directions. Jaheira and I ducked for cover as a nearby thief died and some duergars soon followed. After some studying of the room we realized that wands mounted on pedestools were creating these effects. Using some keys that we had found throughout the dungeon we de-activated the traps and were able to take the wands for ourselves. This suited me --compensation for our capture as I like to call it. We also found a ring of protection which we knew would come in 'handy' :grin:. As we were finding room in our packs for the wands, we heard a heated converstaion growing in the room just ahead. Eavesdropping, we got a glipse of a dark creature slaughtering some of the invading thieves. The stench of death prevailed and we knew it was a vampire. Not waiting around for the vampire to turn its attention to us, we hurried down the hallway where we were ambushed by goblins. Jaheira charmed one of the archer goblins and used it to help slaughter our enemies. A band of duergars and a doppleganger later, our enlisted goblin's time was up and we realized there was only one more hallway we had not been through yet. Would you like to guess what we found in that passage?"

*Marcus grins and awaits your answer...

You jokingly guess, "More goblins?"

*Marcus gives a hearty laugh :lol: and says,

"Not quite. We found Minsc and Imoen bound and gagged. Before we could react, we were ambushed by thieves who shouted out that we were the enemy. In between swings and spells I tried to convince them we were just prisoners. Once their leader fell, we combined our efforts to finish off the other theives. Afterwards, Jaheira muttered something about unreasonable people and helped untie Minsc and Imoen. Both of them explained how they were searching for the exit and were surprised and captured by the goons we just killed. Minsc also went on to say that it was good that we arrived when we did because Boo was exhausted from trying to chew through the thick ropes. Now that the commotion was over, he had curled up and fallen asleep in Minsc's pocket. As we followed a long bridge made of ramshackle planks we made our way to an area that was most recently being used as a sewer. In the meantime we caught each other up on what had happened and then we saw the light. We hurried to the surface and adjusted our eyes to the bright light which was quickly dimmed by clouds of dust and smoke pouring from a building that had recently collapsed. Shouts surrounded us and I turned around in time to see an even larger structure collapse and send rubble blocking most of the way we had just come from. Then I saw our captor in a fight surrounded by the same thieves that were invading the dungeon we had just escaped from. However, things did not look bleak for him. He uttered his spellcasting quickly and his would be assailants were all but slaughtered by his magic. He looked at me and babbled something about my escape. I knew that this was not going to be pretty as we were ill-equipped and too fatigued to fight a mage whose power was immense. But before I could say or do anything, Imoen retaliated and sent some magic missles his way. This only made him more angry, but before he could act, several wizards showed up and began to engage in a mage fight with our captor. Amazingly he slaughtered many of them too with his powerful spells. And then the unimaginable happened. They took him and Imoen in to custody for 'causing this disturbance'. All she had done was cast magic missle! But their was no reasoning with those mages. Even our captor went willingly as long as Imoen was made to go too. Jaheira was in just as much shock as I was but suggested that we had better get a move on finding out where we were and finding anyone who might know where Imoen was taken. I remember looking around and taking the marketplace in, thinking about how the city reminded me of Baldur's Gate. But still something was different. I knew we were definatley not in Baldur's Gate. Suddenly, I was jerked out of my thoughts as Minsc yelled 'Boo! Come back.' :eek: Apparently all the commotion had awakened Boo from his hamster nap and the smell of food from nearby vendors has assualted his hamster nose. Boo had scurried off to investigate and now Minsc was chasing after him through a crowd of people still gathered to witness what had just happened. Minsc finally did catch Boo but not before Boo could snatch some roasted nuts that the vendor had out. Jaheira and I decided that this crazy man and his hamster were good-hearted and entertaining, but that we needed to get to work on finding out where we were and what we were going to do about Imoen. Jaheira added, 'And Khalid, don't forget Khalid.' She paused and I remember her next words exactly, 'Khalid? Silvanus let him hear my vow...If I must, I shall empty this city of all within to find his killer...so do I swear.' I told her I would most certainly help her in avenging him and she just nodded. We began to ask the locals where exactly we were. 'Aye this be Waukeen's Promenade mate.' The fair Lady Beth had something more to tell us than that. This noblewoman explained, after eying us suspciously, that we were in Athkatla, the City of Coin, off the Sword Coast. Although she couldn't tell us where specifically Imoen and the mage, Irenicus, had been taken she did suggest we go to the Government District and ask around there. We thanked her for the help and began to plan -- mainly to lay low, so that we could find information about Irenicus as well as get some jobs to help us get re-equipped and well supplied for whatever it took to hunt Irenicus down and free Imoen. Minsc was busy in an argument with one of the vendors over how many nuts Boo had actually eaten, meaning how many nuts Minsc would have to pay for. Meanwhile, destracted by arguing with Minsc the vendor did not notice Boo snatch more nus and pop them into his little mouth. Boo gave off a little squeek of glee and mischief, but Minsc and the vendor did not seem to notice. We began to leave the marketplace behind, knowing Minsc had more to worry about now and we did not want to drag him into our business unwillingly for we knew it would be a harsh journey. And began the journey we did, through the winding streets of Athkatla in search of answers..."

- Marcus Dirago

Thanks for the replies. Well here is the third installment :happy: I'm having fun so it's no burden. As for Misnc and Imoen I did remove them from the party as soon as they joined basically. There was a bit embellishing to the story, but I couldn't leave what happened to Minsc and Boo in mid-air. So far so good. But it can't just be me and Jaheira forever. Even ironskins and woodland beings can only take us so far. BTW Jaheira really did say that Khalid/Silvanus quote. I think I talked to Lady Beth to get Jaheira to say that though. Onward to more adventures...

7. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

That is the biggest chunk of text I have ever seen on SP :D

But the story is very very good. Its so easy to feel "in character" with Marcus

8. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] "One of the things in this world I cannot stand to travel without is simple ink and parchment. I aim to keep a lot of information up here,"

*Marcus taps his head and continues,

"but sometimes I just need to write something down, be it a snippet of a song or a personal account of events I experience. So as Jaheira and I made our way through the city, we stopped by one of the vendors and purchased some ink, parchment, and a quill. While we were at it we bought a map of Athkatla and a scroll case as well. It was perfect for keeping all my spells and notes in one place. That's when I noticed a little boy that kept watching us. I did not tell this to Jaheira on purpose, for I wanted to see if she noticed the boy too. Well, she did not seem to, or at least she made no mention of it. By this time we were deep in the 'Slums' district of Athkatla. That's when a hooded man came up to us and said we were just the people he was looking for. Somehow he knew we had been involved in the incident at Waukeen's Promenade as well as the fact that Imoen was taken. We did not trust the guy but we could not just let him go without hearing what he had to say. So reluctantly we followed him to his house to talk 'privately'. He introduced himself as Gaelyn Bayle and assured us it was not a name we had heard before. Gaelyn had a proposal for us but he could not get into great detail. The only thing that kept us listening to this man was that he kept saying he knew someone powerful enough to help us find both Imoen and Irenicus. He got our attention even more by tellling us that the help would cost us 20,000 gold pieces up front."

*Marcus notices your eye-brows lift up as you hear the hefty sum.

"Quite a large amount of money to pay up front for services you know little about eh? Well since we did not have to make a total commitment right away, we told Gaelyn we would attempt to raise the money knowing in the meantime we could search for information on Imoen and Irenicus' locations for ourselves. After Gaelyn presented this 'solution' to us he sent us upstairs to trade and purchase equipment from a friend of his. He had a nice cloth gem bag that I was interested in so I ended up buying that. He also had a pair of glasses of identification, but I had no need of those since I am fairly good at being able to identify all sorts of knick knacks :grin:. On our way out Gaelyn urged us to talk to a kid named Brus who would be waiting outside for us. It turned out Brus was the same boy who had been spying on us earlier. The young lad was eager to help us find a job that would start us off on raising some gold. He directed us to the Bridge District, to a tavern known as the Five Flagons. He told us there was a playhouse on the bottom floor that we might be interested in. It was not long before we found ourselves on the way to the Bridge district, passing through several residential areas and finally making our way beneath the impressive stone archways that marked our destination. But our trip was halted when a guard, Lieutenant Aegisfield stopped us and told us to be sure to keep our weapons at our sides, explaining there had been an onslaught of murders in the area recently. Jaheira was clearly disgusted and this only fueled her fire that cities were centers of corruption compared to the quiet serenity of the rest of the land. We assured Aegisfield that we could handle ourselves and made our way past a small outdoor market and into the fabled Five Flagons. The atmosphere was lively and as soon as I stepped in I knew I would like the place. Samuel Thunderburp, the owner, greeted us warmly, as well as boasted about the many fine ales he had for us to try. I told him we were currently on a tight budget but there was no harm in getting Jaheira and I my favorite economical drink, the Golden Sands. Samuel even indulged us with a rumor about a rival guild to the Shadow Thieves and that the thieves would have to try and wipe out the smaller, yet growing, guild while they had the chance. Ahhh...the intrigue ;). When I asked about the playhouse Samuel grew even more excited and directed us downstairs. We arrived right before the play was about to start. I told Jaheira we deserved a little rest and relaxation, so we sat down and waited for the play to begin. At first I thought it to be some strange attempt at humor, but it appeared the main-role had forgotten his lines. As the situation grew worse, so did the play. It was cut short as the locals cried out their 'Boos' and stormed upstairs. Heh, I knew old Samuel wasn't go to be happy :heh:. Shortly after, Raelis Shai, the leader of the Sigil Troupe, came out and introduced herself and offered a plea for help. As and adventurer and a lover of a good play I offered my assistance as she asked for help in finding the lead actor, Haer'Dalis who was believed to have been kidnapped by a wizard named Mekrath. His hideout was suspected to be located somewhere in the Athkatla's sewer system. We assured her we would do all we could to help as soon as we were confident of successfully rescuing Haer'Dalis should this Mekrath put up a fight. After a few minutes of consoling Raelis, Jaheira and I decided that we would head on to the Government district in hopes of talking to anyone in charge about Imoen and Irenicus. As we left the Five Flagons the sky began to darken and rain started to come down lightly. For awhile we passed no one on the street until we were confronted by a group of bandits. Reacting quickly, Jaheira charmed a mage from their group while I went after the priest. With the mage on our side, we humiliated the bandits making them regret the day they tried to rob us. This is about where we were at the time. Mugging is bad in Athkatla as in most big cities, especially in these areas as we would came to find out."

*Marcus pulls out what appears to be a map of Athkatla and points to various sections of the map.

"But no matter. No amount of bandits was going to stop us. The rain had picked up a little by the time we reached the Government district, and as we approached the Council building my eye was caught on a mob of people gathering around a stake. As we neared the mob I realized that a drow elf was about to be burned at the stake. What struck me even more was I knew the victim! It was none other than the drow priestess, Viconia, who I had saved up near Baldur's Gate months before. But this time she seemed to have wound up in even worse trouble. I remember telling Jaheira to be ready and as I walked quickly to the front of the mob, she yelled for me to wait and think about what I was doing. But no one was listening to her, instead they were listening to a man who yelled some mumbo jumbo about 'killing the drow'. I gave Viconia a quick wink and began to untie her ropes. After a moment she recognized me and was pulled out of her shock as the man directed his yelling to me, his face red and veins surely popping inside that thick head of his. The crowd gasped and the confusion set in. Imediately the man began to cast defensive spells on him and two other fully armed men. Then a pain pierced through my arm as an arrow hit its mark. Knowing this was going to be interesting I swigged a healing potion and got out the wand of monster summoning I had found in Irenicus; dungeon. Instantly three ogres appeared while the wand disintegrated in my hand. The ogres bombarded the archers with powerful blows while Jaheira edged in with her scimitar and Viconia with a flaming sword she had conjured. As the rain beat down on my brow, I heard the dull thump of the ogres' maces as they made contact with the enemies' plate mail. This mixed in with the smell of scorched flesh, the rain, and my blood, invigorated me. The smell of combat stirred me to sing a loud, rallying tune that spread out and engulfed my allies, bringing them together and motivating them to find their mark. Shortly after we overwhelmed our enemies but I feared we had caught the attention of more guards, but nobody else came and challenged us. I took a deep breath while Jaheira healed me and the open arrow wound in my arm closed up and dissapeared. Then her hand quickly flew back and swing forward just as fast, making contact with my cheek and slapping me senseless :eek:! I was knocked unto my back and sat there a moment, squinching my eyes half because of the rain, and half because of my cheek on fire. 'That's for not giving me fairer warning. We could have been killed!' Then she reached down and helped me back up. I was at a loss for words and stood in a stupor for a moment. I looked over at Viconia who had just been watching in silence and I broke into a grin, 'That's two you owe me Vic.' Viconia smiled and gave me her thanks. Then Jaheira managed a smile also and said,'Yes it was a brave thing to do, but next time take a moment to think before rushing into some battle, lest we all die foolishly.' Jaheira then nodded at Viconia akwardly. I broke the silence that followed by asking Vic if she would be interested in travelling with us and that we could use anyone with talent. As we made our way to the Council building I related to her our rescue and revenge mission with Imoen and Irenicus. Viconia accepted and said she would do her best to pull her weight in the party. She also reminded me that she would have to keep her hood up while in Athkatla. I told her not to worry about such things since she was now in good company, and so our duo became a trio. Together we entered the Council building with confidence, and I wondered if we could just skip this 20,000 gold nonsense and get all this sorted out with Imoen back in the party by nightfall. Boy was I in for a surprise..."

- Marcus Dirago

Vic is a welcome addition to the party, because we truly need all the help we can get right now. I decided to go ahead and use the wand of monster summoning because I knew that battle would be tough on just Jaheira and I, plus I didn't want to shell out 750 for her ressurection, which I am sure I would have had to do. The other fight was quite intersting too, it's great when you can get one of those bandit mages on your side. It's complete and utter humliation and desecration of the bandits when you do that :grin: Untill next time...

9. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Cool, B. Keep it up. It may be long, but it's easy reading. (-:

10. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] "We looked a little worse for wear and certainly did not mix in well with all the nobles and court officials who turned their noses up as we walked by. One such person, a mage, did the same although finally after giving us the evil eye he came to talk to us. He introduced himself as Tolgerias, and 'one of the few who were chosen', asking if we would like to help him hunt down and procure a murderer. After some talking I learned he was a Cowled Wizard and the man who he was looking for had killed one of his fellow Cowled Wizard cronies. Not his exact words but you get the picture ;). I agreed to help Tolgerias if he would but just tell us where we could find Imoen and Irenicus. Tolgerias laughed this request off telling us he did not know where they had been taken, although he certainly knew who they were and I was sure he was lying. He made me promise I would bring this Valygar Corthala to him and told us the best place to look for clues concerning Mr. Corthala's whereabouts was his estate in the Docks district. We told him we would see what we could do and left him behind, spouting dire warnings at us if we failed to do otherwise. Determined to find out anything about Imoen I asked around some more until I had a chance to talk to the Chief Inspector and the Magistrate, both of whom were not able to help me. Politicians :rolleyes:. I told Vic and Jaheira it looked like we were going to have to raise the money as it seemed like our best bet at the moment. Jaheria asked if we could visit the Graveyard district and I told her of course. As we both left the council building a funny little gnome with more gadgets on his head than hair pulled me aside and asked me if I'd be interested in some of his 'special wares'. Before he could show me what he was reffering to, a government official and his goons approached us. The snotty official spoke in a nasal voice, calling the gnome a con-artist and asking me if he had tried to sell me illegal goods. Truthfully he did not have time to sell me anything, for the official and his goons seemed to have waited to ambush the gnome as soon as he first talked to the nearest passer-by. I tried to remain neutral in the matter but he would not hear of it. Finally, to get the old windbag off my back I told him I had just been discussing the weather with the gnome. Right as I said this, thunder boomed in the distance. Still, it was loud and sudden enough that the stuffy official was so surprised he almost lept into the arms of the nearest guard. Completely embarrassed he left us alone. The gnome gave us a quick introduction, telling us his name was Jan Jansen, and should we ever need him to look him up in the slum part of town. With that he thanked me for saving his skin and tossed me a turnip, before running off back towards the direction of the slums. We took a little different course heading into the graveyard as Jaheira had requested, with the rain still pouring, and a storm safely in the distance."

- Marcus Dirago

Whatever happens, happens. And it did, first fate decided that I would try to remain neutral in conversation with Trax, the official hounding Jan, but the dialouge did not end and I had to let fate decide agian what I would say. It turned out I got to keep relations cool with Jan and piss of Trax as we "talked about the weather". BTW it really is raining in this part of the game right now ;). More adventures to come...

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited September 26, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.