1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What toys did you play with as a kid?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Marceror, May 17, 2011.

1. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  2. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

We do have a number of group games that simply use a tin can and one of our slippers. Then there's building and flying your own kites. Making slingshots from branches of guava trees. Playing with sticks, marbles, spinning tops, POGS and yoyos. We even had games using flattened bottle cap attached to strings. Making spiders fight. Flying paper planes. Fire-fight using pea-shooters. And then there's Matchbox, Tonka, and those Japanese monsters and robots such as Godzilla, Voltes V, Mazinger Z, UFO Grendaizer, Daimos, Mekanda and etc. I never did enjoy watching G.I. Joe so I never was fond of the toy either. And best of all... bicycle.

3. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I had a few Star Wars toys -- The Millenium Falcon, a snow speeder, a death star, about 15 action figures. I lost interest pretty quickly once my friend introduced me to Gamma World, Marvel, and D&D.

On a camping trip, my father carved me a walking staff. He burned my name into it, along with the date. He made one for my best friend, too, and we spent hours as the Retaliators, our homebrew galactic superheroes modelled on the Jedi, Green Lantern Corps, A-Team, and other such groups. Tons of fun, with only a carved stick as inspiration. We had a secret salute involving an intricate pattern of quarterstaff combat maneuvers. I still have the staff.

On another camping trip, my parents bought me a stupid little plastic bow and arrow. God, I loved that thing. I spent hours in the back yard shooting at the targets my Dad set up for me. I never was much of a shot, mind you.

I spent more time reading than anything else though.

4. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I had girl stuff :-( my brother got all the cool toys, which i swiftly stole :) Lego, tonka trucks, cars etc

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The girl next door.

Other than that: trees, playmobil, a football (a round one, not the weird pointy things), pvc blowpipe and LOTS of LEGO.

6. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    My two favorites were Shogun Warriors and Micronauts.

I also loved building models. I had one hell of an impressive navy. I think I had ten aircraft carriers, six battleships, a couple of subs, some PT boats, and a handful of destroyers/frigates.

I shared with my sister a lite brite and a spirograph.

Countless Matchbox cars which I greatly perferred over Hot Wheels.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.