1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What the hell is Silke?!

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Felinoid, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Even so, I'd still like to see what MrNexx comes up with.
    I think backstabbing also has a (common sense) maximum size requirement, but I think the pick-axe would be okay. ;)

EDIT: Besides, the Strength checks were for the permanent damage; breaking bones is not (and should not be) something that can be done on a whim. :shame: :shake:

[ June 28, 2005, 04:48: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

2. MrNexx Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Unless I'm not looking in the right place, she doesn't seem to have a class, by DLTCEP. What she has is three spells... Improved Invis, Lightning Bolt, and Magic Missile. I may be wrong; I mostly noodle around in the dialog options, and edit the occasional item... but that's what I found.

3. Felinoid

Well, then I guess the answer is that Silke is a . . . Silke. :confused: Some sort of unique class or Bard kit that simply wasn't defined. I have to admit, it's kind of anti-climactic. :(

4. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

5. Felinoid

Okay, so she has some sort of Bard kit where you can backstab. :hmm: You know, that would be pretty sweet. Sure, you'd have to memorize a lot of invisibility spells, so it wouldn't be of much use until the higher levels, but I think it might be worth it. :cool:

6. Baronius

If you check the Kit field on the screenshot (above the Creature Version box), you'll see that kit has zero value...

And anyway, this is BG1, she can't have such a kit. (Or are we talking of BG1Tutu? I don't know if Tutu does anything with Silke or not.)

7. Felinoid

No, I hate the look of BG2, so I never installed Tutu. Okay, so it's just a mistake the game makes, but it's still an intriguing idea for a kit. I wonder what you would have to give up. :hmm: Picking pockets, perhaps?

8. Baronius

At last someone who thinks the same way as me! Without examining BG1 and BG2 in all respects, I admit BG2 has excellent graphics and beautiful new effects, but somehow BG1 looks better, more medieval, more natural!

I suppose so.
    Do you mean that such a kit would be cool [where bards could backstab]? Well, since bards are jack-of-all-trades, their nature doesn't have to refuse such an act (unlike in case of Paladins), but backstab probably requires other things as well... interesting anyway...

9. Felinoid

You want to know how many people prefer BG1 over BG2? Check out this thread:
    Should I play BG?

10. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I prefer BG2 for its screen resolution, that's why I play with BGtutu. Incidentally you may be interested in a mod for tutu that changes the screens and interface back to BG1, that's the stony look for you then: TutuGUI_v11.
    Anyway if you're satisfied with BG as it is, I guess you don't have to bother. :)

BG1 is great for its story and the fact that it is non linear and more "realistic" since you start with a level 1 Charname.

I'm going to check this thing about Silke the next time I run into her.

11. Baronius

I know that, but there are many less people who also prefer BG1's graphics (at the moment I know only of you, Shoshino and me).
    Here is a collection of pros and contras. Taluntain also tells his opinion!

As far as Silke is concerned, I look forward encountering her when playing the game next time. That battle is cool (and not too hard, but you've to be precise).

12. Felinoid

I can't believe Tal actually took a side on that! :jawdrop: But what's even better is that he took our side. Wow. And the thread I linked has a number of people who like BG1's design.

13. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    @Baronius: Nice link there!

I would be in between both extremes as I enjoy BG2's rules and BG1's story: BGtutu is the best for me!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.