1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What the ¨world¨ think of Canada?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Ofelix, Jul 25, 2003.

1. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

On a Kids in the Hall sketch the main character said: "I'm a Canadian - its like an American, but without a gun!"

2. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Bowling for Columbine anyone?

3. Silverwolf86 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Okay first off, I would like to apologize to the Canadians on behalf of the stupid Californians... Yeah you too Blackhawk though no offense intended. I mean having Queen Elizabeth on coins in no less odd than having Abe Lincoln on pennies. And it doesn't you mean you worship her either. And to say that Canadian has a monarchy not a democracy just shows a lack of understanding of governments and politics. It's as stupid as claiming that Britain is stuck under the rule of their "monarchy" and are thus living in the past... It's just plain ignorant. I'm telling you, Californians are the definition of ditzy. :p

And I agree with the opinion that America looks to Canada a lot like a brother. Our hockey-loving, mounty-like brother. :D We joke around with your guys but there's a deep-seated affection there and we always expect that you've got our back just as we've got yours. Except for in family fueds... they do crop up. And besides that even with all the jokes, I think a lot of Americans actually do like Canada or else so many wouldn't move there.

Also: even with Tom Green and Celine Dion, BNL and Moxy Fruvous are from Canada and that TOTALLY makes up for it. :D

4. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Canada? A geographic blob on earth and political dot, In the bible of international politics and influence. Just like my Denmark. Except we are a geographic dot too...

5. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Perhaps being a political dot is the best recipe for longevity.

6. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

One good thing though, they have Shania Twain. :D

7. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

No, we've kidnapped her. :D

After 712 years of trying to be invisible and to be no political dot at any cost...

I tend to disagree. :D ;)

8. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Oh yeah, i forgot she's with this rich Swiss guy. Does she live in Switzerland now ?

9. Iago Gems: 24/31

Somewhere around Montreux at the lake Geneva. Where they all end up. (And me hopefully too, one day :D )

Ooops, that's about Canada. Hey, it's a member of the group of 8. It isn't that small.

10. Valkyrie Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Ah Canada. Two words: 'Perfect neighbor.'
    :D

11. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I can't say anything about Canadians except that they love to see the many ships on our many rivers and that they are afraid to drive on our roads.

When I think of Canada, I get a positive feeling, though I don't know why. I'd love to learn more about Canadians, even about their politics!

12. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yep, we're quiet, polite, and we try to keep our dogs from crapping on your lawn. :D
    Hell, I'm afraid to drive on our roads sometimes. :eek:
    I hope you have plenty of Tylenol :xx:

13. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

There must be some love from the USA to Canada ... check this out:

14. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    @ Mat - Are you sure that's love? In my world, giving McDonalds burgers to someone says that I don't like that person. (I can't stand fast food and I really can't stand McDonalds. I ought to start a thread on it as I worked for one after high school -- there were some singularly disgusting things done to food that was served -- yuck.)

15. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @ dmc - LOL! I was thinking exactly the same thing!

Plus, McDonald's is probably just feeling guilty. Our beef industry is only in trouble because the U.S. isn't importing any of our beef. This is because of Mad Cow disease - one freakin' cow a couple of months ago, discovered before any harm was done, and everyone goes ape-sh*t :mad:
    Not the U.S.'s fault, though; they're just responding to pressure from Japan, which won't import any U.S. beef if the U.S. imports Canadian beef.

16. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Well I see Canada as a big brother version of Finland with a lot of woods and a lot of snow. I really don't know about Canada that much but it seems like a nice little (well quite big actually) nation. :)

17. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

I like Canada. Pretty much every person that I have encountered who is from Canada were pleasant people. My visits to the country have been pleasant.

18. Iago Gems: 24/31

Guessing. They have a mad-cow-problem. Beef has a bad reputation. That propably means that beef-sells are down in the lowest-cellar. Doesn't that mean, they give away beef to it's true actual market price, nearly nothing ? With the other option to just throw it away ?

I mean, a hamburger-selling company in Canada is a part of the Canadian beef-industry.

19. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

You'd think the price of beef would have gone down, but it hasn't. Disappointing. Although no doubt McDonalds gets a good price at the best of times, being such a good customer.

20. Iago Gems: 24/31

Why haven't prices gone down ? Hasn't domestic beef consumption gone down or is only export affected or have measures been taken ? Or did they just stop meat-processing cows ? Or is something wrong with the meat of sheeps too ?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.