1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What Sports Do You Play?

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Eldular, Oct 10, 2005.

1. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I used to play football (soccer, damn it) for many years. Haven't the time anymore, thoug.

:idea: couldn't DnD be considered a sport of sorts :shake:

2. Eldular Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Ah yes, I forgot to add Golf, although I've only played it once. I find it quite relaxing and fun, great sport to spend your day playing with your friends.

Quite an interesting list you all have.

PS: Great way to start a conversation with a female you find attractive: act like your new at snowboarding/skiing and crash against her, then follow her to the buttom of the slopes and make sure you end up taking a ride with her up the slopes, worked for me once! :hahaerr: .

3. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I play badminton once a week, I also do some running allthough that can hardly be considered a sport. I used to play quite a lot of tennis but my foot injuries and the fact that my tennis partner moved away have lessened my tennis playing to somewhere between once a month and none at all. It's very frustrating to play tennis infrequently since it takes about 30min to get used to the game again and then you only have 30min left to play (assuming that you play indoors and play the game for one hour) so I'm not all that enthusiastic about the game anymore even though I still would like to play it if it was possible to do so frequently.

Sports is fun in general but I've never been to team sports such as football or ice hockey allthough I used to play football too quite a lot when I was younger and I absolutely hate swimming. I prefer games where there is only me and my opponent, atleast you can't blame anyone else but yourself when you lose. ;)

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

1. BASEBALL - Great sport, awesome to play, fun to watch (for innings 1,2,8 and 9). Huge Redsox fan. Yankees suck.

3. Skiing - Awesome. Relaxing if you are by yourself, just cruising down nice slopes, or intense if you go down gnarley, mean slopes. I prefer skiing alone.

2. Football - I don't play on a team, but I like playing with my friends, and I love watching it. Patriots all the way.

3. Poker (yes, a sport) - fun to play, but not for real money. I hate gambling. Hate losing money.

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Chess, poker, drinking games...

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Ah yes I forgot drinking game, I'm quite found of those.

7. Svyatoslav Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Lifting
    Muay Thai
    Jiu Jitsu
    Biking
    Jogging

8. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Table tennis year round.
    Tennis weekly at best.
    Badminton occassionally, more often in the summer.
    Some minor lifting, just because others included it.

I'd really like to try baseball someday.

9. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

The best sport you could ever do...

RUNNING!!

anyone agree...?

well, as don't-wanna-be-lazy-butt, I run cross country and track.

10. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Horseback riding - yes it is a sport. In my youth I was in riding competitions. (and won a few)

Biking and walking

Do workouts on gym equipment count?

When younger: Basketball, volleyball, softball (gals didn't play baseball then). Oh, badminton, table tennis, poker. Tai Chi (a little)

11. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If it's not an event at the olympics or doesn't have a ball it's not a sport.

Poker is not a sport (unless there's scoring points for the style and grace of the person sitting on their ass).

Basketball -- actually, my wife plays it. I'm just a slow moving obsticle on the court for her to run around.
    Tennis (see the basketball comment -- as long as she hits the ball to me we're okay).
    Cycling -- also called avoiding trees.
    Skiiing -- also also called avoiding trees.
    Softball (BIG 14") -- the little balls hurt too much when they hit you.
    Weightlifting -- the thing to do when the weather's too bad to do anything else.

12. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Nope! I only run when I'm being chased, and then if he's cute I'll slow down. ;) :D

13. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I like running. 8-10km in a nice and slow tempo, or 15km as fast as I can carrying a 10-15kg backpack.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.