1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What Sports Do You Play?

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Eldular, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Eldular Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Feel free to post a list of all the sports you play/have played and write a bit about that sport if you wish.

Here's my list (Fav at top):

1. Snowboarding. I head to North Carolina each winter for a week. I love the thrill of going downhill at a fast speed on soft white powder. A mix of beauty and action. I'm still a novice at it though, can't turn right :rolleyes: .

2. Paintball. Ah, nothing like rushing at top speed towards the nearest cover while seeing and hearing hundreds of paintballs flashing by you while you randomly shoot at the direction they come from. I tend to chicken out when I'm up vs several pros with automatic markers though :D .

3. Jet Skiing. Very fun sport, need a lot of strength and a hard hide. Only done it a few times.

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

1. Volleyball - Fun to play or watch

2. Football - I'm a big Packer fan AND a big Badgers fan

EDIT: :idea: Oh yeah!

3. Badminton - I kill at this game, so nobody wants to play me twice. :cry:

4. Baseball - Fun to play, boring to watch. It was the first sport I ever got into, and I was the star on my little league team. My proudest moment was catching a missle at the pitcher's position on one of the few days I forgot my glove, though it further aggravated a shoulder injury I got earlier in the season.

[ October 11, 2005, 00:52: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

3. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

1. Hockey-I live and breathe the game. I play 7 games a week, sometimes more. I love it.

2. Baseball-I played when I was growing up but I quit after I suffered an ankle injury. I took a couple years off and started playing again last year.

3. Golf-Done it since I was 14, it's more of a hobby than a sport to me though.

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Ooo! Me! My turn! Me! Me! Me!

1) Hockey! - Hockey hockey hockey! Proper hockey though, none of that silly Ice nonsense! This stuff is played on Astroturf! Played since I was six, this year I coached and reffed for the 2nd XI girls, was assistant coach of the 1st XI girls, captained the 1st XI boys team! Never played reps though, not competitive enough to bother...

Skiing - Love the sport. Jsut the speed and the... EVERYTHING! Even just sitting on the chairlifts talking to people! Head up the mountains a few week(end)s each year. Just ashame it's so expensive.

Field Archery - Haven't actaully shot in a while, but I'm still a member of the local club, publish the newsletter and heaps of other boring things,s o I'm putting it down! It's a nice relaxing sport compared to the others. What better way to spend a Sunday morning than a stroll in the woods?

And then what ever else I feel like playing. Played most (slightly exaggerating) sports at one stage or another, but had to give them up for some reason or another...

5. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

[​IMG] When I take a break from my sedentary lifestyle, I most like to do so in the following ways (no particular order):
    • Squash - officially the world's most lethal racquet sport! This is because of the number of overweight, middle-aged men who insist of playing like a 20 year-old in spite of smoking 40 a day, rather than any inherent danger, but it's still great fun smacking a small rubber ball very hard.
    • Football - proper football, mind you, none of that overly body-armoured rubbish where people run into each other and never actually kick the blessed thing. ;) 5 a-side, down the park, with yer mates. As it should be. Sadly the playing of this has waned with the end of Uni, but until then I could often have been seen tearing down the wing (well, stumbling and wheezing, slightly hungover) on most Sunday afternoons in Lillee park.
    • Kendo - was my principal sporting activity, until exams & coursework intervened (Boo! Hiss!) and I had to give it up. Now have no clue where to go and practise. :( Otherwise, hitting things with a bamboo stick has never been so much fun! Or so relentlessly Confucianist, but never mind. It's still fun, if a lot more hard work than wielding a katana looks in the IE games.
    That's about it, other than to say I used to be a pretty mean table tennis player! (Well, I once beat a chinese guy... :shake: )

EDIT: forgot to mention that I used to play Rugby quite a bit at school! :doh:

Used to play either as a prop or second row, owing to my lack of mobility & excess of weight. I've thinned down a bit since then, though, and would probably have to settle for a position among the pansy-boy backs! ;)

[ October 10, 2005, 19:20: Message edited by: The Magpie ]

6. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Taekwon-do
    A year so far and not expecting to ever stop.

Karate
    Though the training is physicaly easy, it still is better than lounging my sloth around at home. Also a year now, though i wont be training for long anymore, since i'm moving to another city soon.

I also did some Wing Tsun (with it's hundred spellings), but it took too much as i had to drive to a nearby city to receive lessons, in addition to school. So i had to satisfy myself with only karate and taekwon-do.

7. Schaf Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

capoeira - can't stop loving this sport! i love the music, the horda, the people... practicing it less than a year, i still have so much to learn and i enjoy and embrace it :)
    soccer - typical of europeans :D
    volleyball.

8. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Fencing, Kickboxing, archery, cycling etc. No ball games for me, except for squash.

I wish there was a Kendo club in Norn Iron.

9. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

@ Cúchulainn - try Belfast Uni! I'm pretty sure they put a team in for the 2004 Mumeishi 3's tournament, so they must have a club.

10. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I don't play sports anymore, but i used to play football, basketball, and kickboxing.

11. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I don't play sports either any more but I used to be a female rugby player (obviously I am still female, just not a rugby player any more!)
    Bet that's in a few male fantasies! :lol:

12. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Not really, i'd much rather see female mudwrestling. :D

13. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I used to play Rugby Union, Cricket, Table Tennis, Fencing and Badminton.

@Shell sorrry it's not in one of my fantasies the only time I got sent off was when i was one of 5 players sent off from the same team so the girls could win when I was at Uni, my crime I tackled a girl from behind...

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Before I became a hermit and enjoyed being with the human race, I really liked playing:

Volleyball - When you have people playing who are fun and not about scoring/winning, it's great. Last game was extra fun as I was bouncing not only myself, but my symbiant daughter, too! :lol: Everybody was so worried about me, I scored 2 points!

Flag Football - It was in high school, but I was very good as a lineman. I had the weight to power through the defensive players and aim for the quarterback. Boy, those guys run *fast*! :evil:

Basketball - I don't know how many people I p*ssed off when I played in school! This would've been my sport to go for, but my doctor would not sign the physical so I could play. :nono: Bad doctor! I like playing defense and watching the player's I'm facing against eyes. I found it very illuminating - they would give away where they intended to pass the ball every time! I wasn't tall enough to block much, but acting as a shadow disconcerts others.

Karate - I only studied for a short time, but I still remember my kata and can beat the **** out of a doorjam when they attack. ;) :nuts:

15. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Former fencer (epee, specifically) and cyclist here. I've never raced and I don't really want to, but Hubby and I are both looking forward to the day life lets us get the boys into some long-distance bike touring.

Oooh, skiing, too - I want to get back on the slopes, even though I was spoiled by skiing out west. It'll be ahrd to go back to the East coast's tiny slopes and semi-groomed man-made ice after all that wide-open powder.

16. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I do fencing (sabre, I *love* sabre)

and I don't know how's it called in english but basicly is a game of Dungeon and Dragon but in real. You disguise yourself and do real battle and quest it's awsome. Of course the weapon are made of foam so they doesn't hurt, but still it's pretty neat to really hack and slash your way to glory!

Oh and Fast walking, can't pass a day without walking at least 10 km. My average time is 40 minutes for 5km I know it could be better...

17. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Basketball. Love it.

Bodybuilding. Although some have a hard time recognizing it as a sport, people do compete in it. I dont, and I dont take steroids for that matter either. Often people make a stereotype out of bodybuilders and say that they are all on steriods and other stuff, but that, as with all other stereotypes, is not true.

18. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I used* to play in 2 football teams (right back) and play cricket (pace - read 'dolly' :lol: - bowler). I also played rugby (winger) when I could but didn't really like it much. I can just run quite fast, so was always able to get a few tries.

* Note 'used to' as I'm now very much an... observer :lol: .

19. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Before shoulder surgery, I played basketball, tennis, golf, downhill skiing, baseball with my son, bike riding, and, when I couldn't exercise some other way, jogging.

After shoulder surgery, I watch TV, read and dream about the day that my should will stop hurting every time I try to throw a ball or swing something, so I can go do all of those things again.

20. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

I used to play football and basketball and sometimes volleyball.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.