1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What quests in and around Athkatla can´t be done in Chapter 6?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by jiansonz, Mar 10, 2008.

1. jiansonz Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

Media:
    I want to get Imoen back pretty much as soon as possible. She is to become my arch-mage, so I want her to take part in as much of the game as possible (more than anything else, mages love being high level, as you all know).

What quests must be done before I am off to Brynnlaw (in order to not miss out on them)? Should everything in the Renal/Mae´var/Edwin web of quests be done in chapter 2-3? (as much as I like vampires, I like fighting them even more, so I am siding with the Shadow Thieves)
    What about the Edwin/Korgan graveyard main crypt stuff? Will that place be available when we get back? Anything else you can think of?

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    All side quests (except those dealing with getting to Spellhold) can be done in Chapter 6. You do not need to do the Mae'Var until after you get back (unless you want Edwin). I believe some character quests are timed -- so you may want to do all the quest of your associates before you go. You're stronghold quest may be good to complete as well (but not required -- there are bugs with the ranger stronghold though).

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I don't remember if "timed" quests get put on hold or not while you're in Spellhold (and subsequent adventures). I know most of the stronghold timers get put on hold (bard, fighter and thief for sure) but I don't remember if the NPC quest timers stop. If you've not initiated any of their quests that's fine, but if you have and the timers don't freeze then you may have some of them leaving because you're taking too long to complete their quests. Although I would assume BioWare would have thought of it and freezes the timers, I always complete the NPC quests in chapter 2 so I don't know for sure.

4. jiansonz Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

Media:
    OK, thanks for the answers. I had not realized I could go right through the door to Aran Linvail´s domain as soon as I have raised the money for the key.

As for the NPC quests: I plan to travel with Minsc, Aerie, Haer´Dalis and Yoshimo, so the only thing I really need to do is the circus and the Planar Prison stuff.
    (Unless Boo gets kidnapped, I have not played with Unfinished Business before...) :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.