1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What? No Super Bowl thread?

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Drew, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Odd, considering both teams played like absolute ****. It was one of the worst ones I have seen, I would say. I was heartbroken that the Pats lost to the Giants, but it hurt even more that the Giants also played like crap. Neither team deserved to win this one.

And I am surprised at Illusion's comment about them being classless... I have never heard them say a bad thing about anyone else... and Moss especially seems to have a lot of class when dealing with the media. And Brady is exceedingly classy with regards to his team and the press. No one on our team is arrogant (or allowed to be, in fact, Belichick flips out when a player dances after scoring a touchdown or anything stupid like that).

I am disappointed with the Pats for losing... to freakin' Eli Manning nonetheless!

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    That doesn't happen here either.

I've never seen anyone with an armchair of their favorite team, or buying team coins or anything like that. About the only things that are prevalent are jerseys (or tops as you call them), caps, and T-shirts. And again, the only people who buy that stuff for the Super Bowl are fans of that particular team. I'm a Steelers fan, and when they won the Super Bowl two years ago, I purchased a DVD of their season, as well as a book that was basically the season in pictures. However, there's no way I'd buy that stuff this year with the Giants and Patriots in the Super Bowl. And neither would anyone else who wasn't a fan of one of those teams.

I live in Maryland so the vast majority of football fans root for the local teams, which would be the Ravens (who play in Baltimore) or the Redskins (who play in Landover, just outside of Washington DC). While it has been a good many years since the Redskins played in the Super Bowl, the Ravens won the Super Bowl in January of 2001, and I lived here at the time. Even during the Super Bowl Season, while I saw a lot of Ravens hats, shirts, and a few people who attached a small Ravens flag to their car's antennae, never did I see Raven armchairs or coins, and I can assure you the fan base here is quite passionate.

All I'm saying is that I don't doubt that millions are spent every year on the Super Bowl, because in the US it's probably the second biggest party day of the year after New Year's Eve. However, all that money is spent on the party - things like beer, snacks, wings and pizza - not on merchandise. While my anecdotal evidence cannot completely refute the report you saw, all I'm saying is that I don't know any of the people who buy that stuff.

3. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I thought the Pats loosing was one if not the most memorable moments in sports history, especially after the Pats going 16-0 in the regular season due to SpyGate.

By the way, I am a New Englander, but that doesn't mean I support all New England teams.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.