1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What mods do you use?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Blades of Vanatar, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Recently revamped the BG2 build on my PC. I am now using the below configuration as my "base" BG2 run. What mods are you utilizing? I add various NPC mods like BG1 NPCs in Soa, Beyond the Law, Kelsey, Aeon, Rylorn, etc.... depending on the type of game I am looking for. I have a backup BG2 game saved with mods added up to Dungeon Be gone on the below list. Then I add whatever NPCs modds and other Quest type mods I am looking to try out, then add the rest of the list.

SoA
    ToB
    Patch
    BG2Fixpack
    Unfinished Business
    Alternatives
    Enhanced BG2
    G3 Anniversary Mod
    Dungeon Crawl
    Dungeon Be Gone
    Song & Silence
    Sword & Fist
    Divine Remix
    BG2 Tweaks
    SCSII
    Widescreen

2. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    ease-of-use
    baldurdash
    atweaks
    dTweaks aka "Ding0's Tweak Pack"
    official Bonus Merchants & Pre-order merchants patches from SP.

A couple custom tweaks that I haven't made into an easy-to-install mod, such as allowing a multi-class fighter to get grandmastery in any weapon that is valid for all his classes.
    It hurts a C/F/Mu in that they can only take staves, slings, and clubs (universal clubs), but can still take two pips in anything else.

Another is I modded the spell "magic stone" into "magic stoned" where in addition to the low damage with no save, the target must save vs petrification (a joke, stone == petrification) or be confused as per the effects of the spell "confusion" for 1 round (actually the same duration as command which is more like 1.5 round).

Another was to make it so that three times per day Minsc could click on Boo and attempt to blind an enemy, but with a touch range comparable to Safana's charm (I did it in BG1 too) and the sound "Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!" would play as the casting sound.

One other, I tweaked it so that Imoen had better stats since she's also a godchild. Anything less than 17 was bumped up to 17. Overpowered, maybe, but not really considering what she had.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    SoA
    ToB
    Patch
    BG2Fixpack
    Dungeon Be Gone
    Some voicepacks (usually containing Murray)
    BoM Item Pack
    Extremist's fix for the Cloack of Mirroring

4. MrMermaid

MrMermaid Reality is merely an illusion, albeit persistent Resourceful

Currently got a humongous BGT installation, although I don't think it counts as a mega-mod, as I'm lacking any of the major fan-made expansions (NEJ, DSotSC, etc.). On the whole I've gone for things that expand on existing content rather than add new stuff, e.g.,
    Fixpacks,

BGI banters, friendships and romances, BGI characters in BGII (not all, only sensible/interesting ones), further banter packs and romances for BGII, Longer Road, UBI and II,

expanded thief and planar strongholds, Assassinations, Alternatives, IWDI and II items, Item Upgrade,

Rogue Revisions, Song and Silence, Sword and Fist, Divine Remix,

Ascension, components from Tactics, SCSI and II,

various tweak packs, Level 1 NPCs.

So far it's proving pretty fun! Recently had a desire for vanilla BGII again, so I played that for a bit. Now I'm spicing it up with more mods again. Seems like my choice is quite similar to yours, Blades, though I'm opting for an entire series playthrough rather than just BGII. Hoping to eventually actually finish ToB, though that could be a bit optimistic.

5. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I am currently messing around with BG:EE, so I have been skipping on the Tutu/BGT games. I never use ToB only mods, I always thought ToB was good enough/very enjoyable as is. And I loathe super-powered games, so I avoid Tactics/Anvil like the plague. A lot of the time, I avoid ToB altogether. For example, when picking/choosing the various options of SCSII, I rarely choose to change anything in ToB, other than improved spellcasting options for Mages/Priests. I never upgrade Abz, Mel or the various other monster-types in general. But I always choose options like Improved Shade Lich, Tougher Irenicus in Spellhold, etc...

6. MrMermaid

MrMermaid Reality is merely an illusion, albeit persistent Resourceful

Blades, have you tried out SCS (v22 or later) with BG:EE?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.