1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

what lvl was your character at at the end of chapter 1 and 2?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by uglijimus, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Corangrane Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

2. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

How is that you finished chapter 1 only at level 6? Every time I play I always tend to finish chapter 1 around level 8 or 9, even with henchmen.

3. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

Last night I finished Chapter 1.

Here is my character level progression

Prologue: Rogue 2 / Monk 1
    Chapter 1 (1st Creature): Rogue 2 / Monk 2 / Fighter 1
    Chapter 1 (2nd Creature): Rogue 3 / Monk 2 / Fighter 2
    Chapter 1 (3rd Creature): Rogue 3 / Monk 2 / Fighter 3
    Chapter 1 (4th Creature): Rogue 3 / Monk 2 / Fighter 4

The information above is what my character level was after each item. I have just started Chapter 2. I will let you know how that goes.

I tried a similar build using a fighter to start the game off with and I end up with this at the end of Chapter 1.

Fighter 4 / Monk 2 / Asassin 2

As stated in many prior, selecting and leveling specific classes in the prologue can nettle you more XP. For fun before I level up my character I check to see which class will nettle me more XP.

I know my Sorcerer / RDD build end up being level 11 or 12 at the end of Chapter 1. That is becuase the Sorcerer can be level 4 by the end of the prologue and when you multi-class to a RDD you receive more XP as the game believes your character is actually weaker than he is.

I imagine a Wizard / Rogue could easily end up with quite a high level as those two classes tend to earn more XP than any other class.

4. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I have yet to enter the City of Luskan and I'm almost level 14. I believe level 15 is almost possible with my character build.

I ended Chapter 2 at level 15 only 500xp away from level 16. If I would have not taken Tommi into Luskan with me I may have ended Chapter 2 at level 16.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  5. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    Summoning(or unsummoning) monsters/companions/familiars should also have an impact on how much XP you get at the end of CH 1 and 2, the game scales according to overall party strength.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.