1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What kind of Character to make in Arcanum?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Firestorm, Oct 16, 2001.

1. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Extremist, I agree that completely forbidding a class is somewhat stupid. It is to my mind possible for a dwarf to become a mage; just very difficult, as it's a racial trait to be magic resistant. I guess what I was peeved at is the people who try to insist IRL that every race is alike when they are NOT. But that's really a subject for a different topic...

2. Arkados Blackmire Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

The dwarven mage is in Quintarra, you have to finish his quest to get him to join your party. Supposedly he was never technologically inclined and so took an elf as a master to teach him magic, thats what he told me.

RythmicBarbarian: thats cos you're probably not human or elf or half-elf or you have a low charisma or are evil.
    SPOILER
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    V
    You can get around her leaving by asking her to spread out or walk very far away and quickly talking to Nasruddin and finishing the conversation so he sends you to the void before Raven runs back to you to say she's leaving. Or you can kill Nasruddin before he starts talking then you'll be banished to the void anyway. Just go into combat mode before nearing the ring.

3. Thanks for the tip, but my character at the time had 18 charisma, and was a half-elf.
    I didn't have any saves before that so I just dominated her... Oh, Raven my love, I'm sorry.

Two more Qs:

1. I can't get into the Iron Clan's pad...
    What's that thing on the ground?
    2. How do I get in?

Hey, apparently if you kill Raven and summon her spirit, she's immune to the effects!
    Cool.

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

To get into there you need a glass key (as it is said in the book you obviously bought since you know about location...)

The glass key you'll obtain in Caladon (Panari Temple - three items displayed under glass) - when you discover true background of skeleton inside Nasrudin's tomb which is btw one of main quests.
    SPOILER AHEAD!
    To get to Nasrudin tomb, just pickpocket a guard or use town sewers.
    When you loot the skull from the tomb, talk to that person that studies languages - he'll tell you something important.
    Go to the Roseborough. Walk along the coast north of the Circle - you'll find a closed entrance. One of words the linguist said is a key to enter: "truth".
    With the items, return to Panarii temple and talk to people there about your findings. The Iron Clan key will be yours.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited October 21, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.