1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What kind of car do you drive / why?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Bassil Warbone, Jul 18, 2006.

1. C-F Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hmmm lets see,

1999 Ford F250 diesel, so my daugther can pull her horse trailer, my wife can haul furniture around, and I can take the garbage to the dump. (get ~ 20mpg)

1999 Chrysler Concorde, (my wife calls it the 'fishing car' as most of the exterior is held together with (Alabama Chrome [duct tape])) she's very embarrassed to drive it - especially visiting friends and such - I like it because it run good, milage ok, and people give way nicely, I suppose they get scared when they see it coming... ;)

2000 Ford Explorer XLT - driven by my daughter & my wife

1992 Mazda Miata - my son

1985 Porsche Carrera Cabrio - because my wife wanted a VW...

That's all the cars I'm paying gas, taxes & insurance for...
    As to which car I'm driving depends on which car has no gas left and is parked in front when I want to go somewhere ergo I usually plan some extra 15 - 20 minutes leadtime when I have to go anywhere... :D

2. Angulimala Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

My unkillable '93 Toyota pickup has 290,750 miles and going strong. I'm getting 20 - 25 mpg, but it could be worse. I live in the mountains and work in the lowlands. All that uphill driving kills the gas mileage.

Most expensive car I've ever had was an '85 Ferrari TR. Black. 'Nuff said.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well, right now we have a crummy old 1990 Acura Legend that is missing the front bumper, needs a new exaust system, new brakes, and a major tune up. My fiance actually bought it from my brother in law (right before it went to hell). We needed a reliable car that was cheap, and his Acura was reliable for the 3 years he owned it, but within a month of having it, it started dying.

Our other car is a 2003 VW Jetta. We bought it because it looks good, has good gas mileage (23mpg city, and about 25 on the highway), it feels good to sit in (only the front seats...the back seats have little to no leg room), it handles like a true german sports car, and when I press the gas pedal, that baby responds instantly...unlike our Acura.

Our next vehicle will be my truck. It will be mine and mine and mine alone! :rolleyes: It will be a 2004 Toyota Tacoma extended cab v6 4x4.
    Why? Because Toyota makes the most reliable trucks, I need something to haul a lot of sh** and a few people around, and American trucks suck. :nono: Oh, and unlike most people with 4x4 trucks, I love going off road! Every good camping place I've ever been to is nowhere near a real road. :thumb:
    I want one of the 2007 Tacomas, but they are a tad too expensive. :money: :rolling:

[ July 31, 2006, 08:58: Message edited by: Kitrax ]

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

My new Dakota has plenty of power (Magnum V8), feels great and is fun to ride, and looks killer with the new paint. It'll look even better as a lowrider.

It's a bit of a gas glutton, but the sound of the V8 is music. :evil:

5. Kitrax

Media:
    You idiot! If you lower a truck, it is useless! :nono: The only people dumb enough to lower a truck (or to put a spoiler on the tailgate) are stupid wanna-be Mexican gangsters. :bang:

Come on mow DotW, I thought you had more sense in you! You must know *something* of quality (you do review cell phones) and yet, you still buy an American-made truck? :nono:

You should look in to the Toyota or Nissan trucks...IIRC, the old Mazda trucks are pretty good too.

Actually, now in days, it's the sounds of your money being wasted. :skeptic: :rolling:

6. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
  7. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    New car? Someone's doing alright :lol:

*one for the Brits*

8. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    I drive a moderatly aged Clio 1.2 16V, its nippy when it needs to be, but still has good fuel economy (34mpg) costs £30 to fill up the 11 gallon tank. Its a good comfy, reliable ride.

9. Kitrax

Media:
    Shell - how come the European countries get all the awsome looking cars? That little bugger looks sweet! :thumb:

The coolest small eco-car I'vs ever seen on the streets here is the Toyota Matrix...and that's not all that great. :skeptic:

I just filled our Jetta up from a fully empty tank (the engine was sputtering at me as I pulled in to the gas station) and it cost me $40... It used to only cost $30 to $35. :doh: Stupid oil companies. :rolling:

10. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Kit, this is a *Dakota* I have, not a *Ram*. This thing is already small and low, I just want to lower it of an inch or two, not drop it to half an inch from the ground.

Yeah, but my truck is a 1995, and I got it for a ridiculous 1,000$. A friend of mine who works at the garage with me inspected it, and it's all good - the mechanical parts are A-okay, there was but some body work to do, and I've taken care of that.

A Toyota pickup DID crossed my mind, but my Dakota was a deal I would have been insane to let go.

True, but I didn't always reviewed quality. A certain CDMA Nokia and monoband Siemens come to mind.

11. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Right now I am driving a 2004 Hyundia Elantra GT, traded in my 2003 Hyundia Tiburon GT V6 for the Elantra because my wife was expecting at the time. Worst mistake in my life. I miss my 2 door sports coupe.

My wife just purchased a 2006 Lancer. We were looking at the EVO but there is no reason why we need a 250+ HP grocercy getter.

I am looking at trading my 04 Elantra in for the Acura TL or Hyundia Azera Limited.

12. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    My wife drives a 2000 Honda Civic, so it may be the exact type of car that Fel drives. I currently drive a 2004 Honda Accord.

13. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

14. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I drive a 2000 (or is it 2001?) Chevy Impala. Why do I drive it? Because it's my parents, and I'm far too poor to be able to buy my own car right now, I mean I'm only 17. My parents are getting another car sometime in the next few months, and after that I'm pretty sure they're giving this one to me. Sounds good, but even though it's only 6 years old, its already got around 275,000 kilometers on it. Thats what happens when someone has a two hour drive to work every day for four years. Oh well, it's better than nothing.

15. The mad haggis Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I drive a Vauxhaul Meriva (5 door). Used to have a sexy little blue MG. But one pregnant girlfriend later and you really notice how small those things are. So it was trunk space and child seats from there on in.

16. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I don't have my license yet and I still take public transport. Besides, why should I get a car now when I still get free travel as a student? :D

17. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I tend to rotate between a Suzuki Vitara (Mum's car) and a Holden Jackaroo (Dad's car). I'm still on my learners though.

18. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I drive a very exciting opel corsa 1.2 1997 but I can take my dad's Volvo XC90 for a spin sometimes.

19. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

20. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    1999 Mitzu Eclipse, which has given me very little trouble and should be good for a few more years. It gets about 30 MPG.

1994 Honda Accord - wife's car, which is pretty worn out at this point, with about 160,000 miles.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.