1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is your favourite sword?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by RD_TheOne, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Lilarcor!
    I mean you get it at the beginning
    It's +3 and it's cool........

2. Silver_Spider Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] DRAGON'S BREATH!!!!!

or preferabbly....THE EQUALIZER!!!!! :love:

That sword kicks holy (and unholy :angel: ) ass!

[ January 18, 2003, 13:20: Message edited by: Silver_Spider ]

3. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Dragons breath? Isn't that a halberd?

And my favourite sword is still the Sword of Chaos +2!

4. Rathan Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

You guys are way too focused on damage and the like. My favorite is Hindo's Doom +3 (upgraded version) as it makes you immune to death-magics, gives MR and Greater Restoration.
    Appart from that I'd say Silver Sword (a shame it can't be upgraded to a +3 or 4 with 50% chance and a higher save penalty).
    Celestial Fury is number 3 on my list, sure it does some damage and stuns the target, but as mentioned by someone before, the stun ability decreases in effectiveness as you progress.
    The Spectral Band +4 (upgraded version) is also quite fun, but anyway, I'd rather use CS and HD +3 instead.

These are just the "normal" swords, the only sword that truly roxx in this game is Black Blade of Disaster (level 9 wizard spell). I've heard of a mod that lets you upgrade a longssword so it has the same abilities as the BBoD, but I've been unable to find it. Is this a scam or am I looking in the wrong places???

5. Ankalagon Gems: 1/31

The Soul Reaver rules!
    It rules even more if you have the Weimer Item upgrade...you can then merge the Soul Reaver +4,the Carsomyr and the Heart of the damned to create the Soul Reaver +6 ( 1d12 + 6,+1d6 magic dmg,50% mr,dispel magic on hit,-2 to thac0 of enemy for 2 minutes).Sarevok unleashes hell with this...

6. Misiek Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] My favourite is the Celestial Fury and Black Razorblade combo. It Rules!!! :D

7. RX2000 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I would have to say my favorite is a tie between Celestial Fury and Casomyr.

I always take Valygar instead of Minsc, just because he can use the Celestial Fury better. :) If I'm playing a pally, then obviously I use Casomyr, if not, I always try to get Kaldorn.

Why do people say the Celestial Fury's effectiveness fades later on? I know there's a save involved, but I was stunning Adamantite Golems and a lot of Chapter 7 baddies a lot with it too.

8. Mathyew Gems: 1/31

My personal favorite so far is the "Equalizer" and the "Blade of Roses" dual-wield or substitute the "Black Razor" for the "Blade of Roses".

Whether you are for smiting evil or all about sending goody-two-shoes crying home to their mommies they work nicely

9. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I like the looks and the style of Carsomyr. Put that puppy in the hands of a Cavalier (since the poor fool can't even use a missile weapon) and watch him smash the opposition into tiny pieces.
    Gotta love a sword attuned to Paladins.

BTW, some of the swords mentioned herein are from TOB, aren't they?

[ February 07, 2003, 05:20: Message edited by: Depaara ]

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I haven't seen any purely ToB weapons mentioned, though some people talk about upgraded versions of SoA weapons. To make it crystal clear, yet again, this forum is for SoA WITHOUT ToB installed ONLY. So there should be NOTHING WHATSOEVER having to do with ToB posted here. Which means any ToB upgraded weapons, ToB weapons mods, etc. are NOT to be discussed here. This should be pretty clear to anyone who's read the forum description.

11. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Dak'kon Zerth Blade is surley a nice weapon, all the game through, though it's indeed nice for low level Fighter/Mages.

Favouritesword...Don't know really, personally I like Short Swords and Scimitars since they make the game feel more like a P&P game (which I love). Like playing Skald dual-wielding Short Swords was one of the most fun things so far.

The Soulreaver from the Demon Knights in the Underdark is sure nice.

You can get Belm quite early too (I've just currently got the Lanthorn to Elhan, and Jaheira still wields it). Too bad it's just +2, any way to upgrade this via mod or such? Let me know.

12. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

[​IMG] Silver sword, and Lilacor rule.
    Is it true hat if you cheat to get 2 Lilacors they talk to each other. A friend told me that it happened to him.

13. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

What about drow longsword? I like it's design very much and I think it my favourite sword if if not judging by it's damages. Celestial Fury's and Casomyr's designs are nice too, but I like longsword more than katana or twohanded. I like bastard sword too but don't seems to be able to find a good one. The Dragonslayer is nice too. When I used a dual weapon warrior, I would arm him with Celestial Cury and Dragonslayer. Lilacor is my favourite sword for Minsc early in game, reasons are all listed by others already. As for Equalizer, I like it's ability too but not it's design.

14. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] Celestrial Fury!!
    but Daystar if vs. undead, to roast them :flaming:

15. Gorgon Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Celestial fury of course.

16. Falcor Wolfbane Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

My favorite is the githyanki vorpal two-handed sword, just the thought of it being sharp enough that if it were droped off of big ben it would probably end up impaling itself in a cinamans foot! :lol:

17. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Sword of Chaos +2. It's strange, if I don't do this painstakingly long and unnecessary quest, I feel that I haven't fulfilled myself in Irenicus' Dungeon...

I don't mind its stats for an early weapon either :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.