1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is your favourite sword?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by RD_TheOne, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Demogorog Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Silver Sword and Celestial Fury

One day I'll make the Silver Sword a one handed weapon and make a kensai wield it together with Celestial Fury (or Crom Fayer!)

2. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Does the Pixie Prick count? If memory serves, it was once wielded by a knight who held it in both hands.

3. uffda Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] definatly Lilarcor, its got personality,which is what makes the game rock

4. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Well Pixie Prick is a dagger, but it certainly is cool. I almost mentioned it myself.

5. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Hey, I just LOVE the prices I get from the shopkeepers when my 18-Charisma bard is wielding the Blade of the Roses...

Where do we find Celestial Fury (just a district, please - no spoilers!)?

6. chimpmaster Gems: 1/31

Seeing as though I am playing an evil party at the moment, the Casomyr is out for me.

I love the soul reaver (+4 two handed sword, non good characters only, and target takes an additional +2 damage per round, cumalative).

In terms of appearance, I love the warblade (another +4 two handed sword), only available from adventurers mart once you get access to the special items listing.

Obviously the celestial fury is also wonderful.... one disappointing thing about the daystar in my opinion, is despite the fact that it is +4 ve evil creatures, it still only rates as +2 in terms of waht it can hit, which is a pain in the ass because it cant hit some of the higher level undead, that it would be most suited to....

7. Modhi Gems: 1/31

Yeah Daystar's sunray ability is cool and wreaks havoc on undead creeps. I've heard there's a mod that turns it and CF into +5. Talk about overpowered! hehe :evil:

CF can be found somewhere in the temple district.

8. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Everyy body knows that the best swords are blackrazor, or celestial fury

9. maipai Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Angurvadal +5 Flame Tongue. Between the permanent strength of 22, immunity to level drain and normal hack and slash abilities this sword rocks! ;)

10. Sick curtaiN Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The most efficient sword in the game is definitely CF hands down. Its easy to get and is extremely strong! Works wonders in any battle especially when paired up with the equalizer.

But... the most hilarious weapon has got to be ol' Lilarcor. It never fails to put a smile on my face. :D

Silver Sword is also pretty cool.

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Favourite sword? Clearly Namarra since you can get it early in the game and use it to good effect for quite a while, followed by the blade of searing and the other bastardsword from underdark, Jhor the´bleeder. Blade of Roses is nice too.

[ November 02, 2002, 14:11: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

12. Kotka Gems: 1/31

Where can you find celestial fury sword?

13. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

To be different, Vorpal and Pixie Prick.
    C'fury is found in the guarded compound in the temple district

14. Wray Vitki Gems: 2/31

*mini-spoiler* celestial fury? check around the temple district.

*end mini-spoiler*

15. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Daystar is quite a good weapon against undead. With the sunray, I can't remember the stats.

16. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Hmm, Daystar Nammara and Arbanes shortsword have always been a favourite of mine, probably because they're practical and look cool :D . Celestial fury seems to be the most popular because of it's hitting power with most ppl IIRC but the best thing about getting it is the effort you have to put into killing it's owner and his mates first i think.

17. Dhirngulin Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Definetly Celestial Fury!!! One hell of a sword which helped my kensai kick ass!!

18. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Blackrazor for sure, maybe dualled with the Dragonslayer sword or Daystar.

But it is Blackrazor, hands down!!

19. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

[​IMG] I second Jhor the Bleeder. And has anyone mentioned the Equalizer?

p.s. Padeen, real creative (@$$ :lol: )

20. RX2000 Gems: 2/31

Can anyone tell me what the best 2 handed sword a good-aligned fighter char can get? I currently have the Warblade +4..... Which is my favorite weapon, unless there is something more powerful I could be using. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.