1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is your favourite carb?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, Jan 26, 2013.

?

What is your favourite carb?

1. potatoes

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. rice

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. pastas

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  4. fruits

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  5. breads

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  6. other

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    We haven't had a poll in a while, and I haven't had a meal yet today so naturally I'm thinking about carbohydrates :p.

So let me know what your favourite is.

---------- Added 0 hours, 3 minutes and 28 seconds later... ----------

Crap, I just realized I forgot bread products - oh well, there is an "other" option.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Fruit for me, especially in the summer right now when we get peaches and nectarines.

3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Tough one... I went for breads. I eat a lot of bread, preferably brown or Frisian rye bread and usually with cheese (matured Gouda).
    I'm always happy when I'm back in my country. In many countries, there is little choice and the quality is a bit... wanting. Except for Germany (and probably some more countries)

For supper/dinner, I prefer rice. It's usually the best staple food for what I prepare. Some typical Dutch meals are mashed potatoes with some sort of vegetable. So that's pretty common as well. There are only a few dishes that I serve with pasta (Tagliatelle, most often), like the Mediterranean Chicken that people often ask me for. :)

I love fruit, my citrus juicer is probably my most used kitchen attribute, but I eat fruit for the vitamins, not for carbs.

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    -urettor, -ine, or perhaps simply -on.

5. Dice

Media:
    I have no idea what you mean T2.

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Put "carb" in front of each of those things.

7. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Definitely Bread. It's my biggest downfall... unless.... is Beer a Carb? If so, then Beer.

8. Dice

Media:
    I didn't think fruits were considered a carbohydrate.

@ Blades, beer is made out of grain isn't it? I have one brother who I believe lives on it.

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Fruits contain sugars which are simple carbohydrates. Perhaps you were thinking of starch (a complex carbohydrate) which you'd find in potatoes, bread, cereals and pasta.

But why is "fruits" on the list if you didn't think of them as a carbohydrate?

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I added it along with breads.

11. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Definitely spuds. Very versatile foodstuff.

12. Dice

Media:
    Yah, lol, this poll is a duo effort now :p.

13. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I went with pastas. Gods above, I love noodles in all shapes and sizes. Mainly Italian ones, but Chinese ones and Japanese ones are also awesome. Macaroni, fusilli, wagon wheels, penne, spaghetti, fettucine, chow mein, shanghai, chinese dumplings (known to the Japanese as Gyoza), aww man, now I'm jonesing for a pasta bar!

14. fastfritz Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I'm really good with SU carbs, not so good with Holley carbs and others are just carbs:confused:

15. Dice

Media:
    So do we have to get Tal to add another category for T2 and Fritz? :p I'm thinking that you guys don't get enough iron in your diet.

@ LKD - Stop it! Now I'm getting pasta cravings. :yum:

16. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Name the day and time and my wife and I will meet you at Olive Garden, Dice! All you can eat pasta should be back soon!

17. Dice

Media:
    Lol, that sounds great LKD, sadly I'm jobless and broker than broke these days so I won't be going to any restaurants any time soon. :p

Maybe we could do a picnic or something when the snow melts a little more :).

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  18. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Of course fruits have carbohydrates. What else are they made of? They're not protein or fat.

19. Dice

Media:
    Well they have natural sugar which is a carbohydrate but it's not what I was looking for on the poll. I was referring to the food group which is not fruits and veggies.

20. Harbourboy

So do you mean the "grains" food group? My favourite grain is probably oats, on the form of muesli or porridge.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.