1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is your favorite type of monster to fight?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Izaad, Apr 1, 2002.

1. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I agree with Lithorn; Dragons and "bosses". Also the Kua-Toa/Sahuagin :).

2. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] the whole heap of clerics/mages (or somethin of the like) in the centre of the map in the cult of the eyeless quest. very challenging with a low level party, and VERY rewarding when you win!!

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Uhm, I actually never found it that challenging ... since you have found proper armor and some nice weapons in the fight with the party in the sewers. My fav party fights are the party in the sewers, the guarded compound party, Mencar Pebblecrusher & friends, the harpers, the gityianki and the party in Firekraag's dungeon.

4. I like Dragons. Even when I cheat my whole party crumbles in front of my face.

Goblins are great fun too. Cheat with a Sorcerer and then METEOR SWARM! That's just so fun. I even create them. Drows are cool too, I create several of them just for the sake of it.

5. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Ragusa, I kinda agree with you. The fights where you face another similar party like your own, are so challenging (well at low levels ;)) but most of all, satisfying! Knowing that you outbested another party in the realm, makes you feel so good on the inside ;)

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I don't like very much any opponent. The only fight I got as super challenging was Kangaxx - first time I've played only him was left unfinished till I've returned from the Underdark.

But even that was partially a challenge. Fights are not of a much problem just because of Bioware's lame AI. Only thing that can be thorn in your side are tough spells your opponents are using. Spells that can be dealt with with simple silence or with levelling up your party.

7. Desu Gems: 6/31

Thats why you ought to do the hard fights at a very low level :)

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Extremist, no one is expecting you to like your enemies and you shouldn't - finally they are trying to kill you and vice versa ...

9. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Level drainers. I f*****g hate level drainers.

10. Desu Gems: 6/31

I share your hatred towards them level draining creatures :(. The only thing I hate more are Mind Flayers :(.

11. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I have to agree...Vampires and Illithids are THE worst! But if you have chaotic commands on your frontline fighters...The flayers fall fairly fast! ;) :grin: :spin: :roll:

12. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Until the pests get in a few hits on your less intellectual fighters who are then killed.

Anyway, I thought the topic was about which critters you like fighting, not dislike :p

13. Desu Gems: 6/31

I do enjoy fighting them :)
    There :p

14. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Depends who leads my company (I'm a big buff for storylines :p)
    Paladin-Undead and demons (esp. liches and balors)
    Dwarf-Goblins and large groups of ogres :D
    Elf-large groups (such as goblins or kobolds)
    Halfling-kobolds
    Barbarian-Big monsters :D

15. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I DO enjoy fighting them...because they're generally hard...and there's a chance I might even lose a character. I just started a new BG2 (because I never finished it the first time) and I recently fought the Shadow Dragon and beat him fairly easily...All without the cloudkill cheesiness.

My character's weren't hurt too bad - it did take a toll on the summoned monsters though ;)

16. Kuja Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i just love to slay Dragons and Liches, my fav being Kangaxx the Demi:)

17. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Dragons, Liches and Demons. The only challanges in the game. Mayby they are not so very difficult after all, although it's harder then to defeat for example a Gibberling :lol:.
    Though I find it very amusing to kill Kua-Taos with Death Spell, Finger of Death, Abi-Dalzims HW and Comet :D. Very funny! Also to send in a Demon or Pit Fiend :grin:.

Cheers.

18. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I prefer illithid to level drainers, particularly invisibility-detecting level drainers (vampiric mists, for example). Illithid have fairly low morale, so a good hearty backstab can get their little circles to go yellow. They require tactics, but simple ones. Level drainers (and I have to confess, once the fight is over, I cheat...CTRL R, rather than muck around finding a temple, resting, etc.) just piss me off. Once I pay off Gaylan Bayle (sp.), I never go outside after dark in Athkatla.

Favorite fights? Not unlike several other posters, I prefer to fight diverse parties and dragons. Anything that isn't easily beaten and requires all party members to rely on their individual talents.

(edited for spelling)

[This message has been edited by Gonzago (edited April 10, 2002).]

19. Desu Gems: 6/31

Best fights imo are still the ones where you face a whole party. Sewers of Temple district, Guarded Compound, Drizzt & Company.

Oh well :)

20. monkey Gems: 6/31

I think the best fights are against other parties.
    Liches and Beholders and the tougher monsters always seem to have some weakness which make them easy and boring after a while.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.