1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is your favorite first person shooter !?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Kovalis Darkfire, Oct 17, 2003.

1. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

2. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

And what's a "light-gun"?

3. Jschild Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Ok, if you are using a light gun, it cannot be a fps since you cannot be controling your movement or anything. Games that use light guns (like at arcades) are rail shooters, nothing more.

4. Valkyrie Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Descent. Graphics are a little iffy on the one I've played, but its fun and downright awesome

5. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Deus Ex

6. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

FPS were never really my thing, but back in the good old days I had a lot of fun with the original Wolfenstein on my 386SX...

7. stefan Banned

I´m surprised that this few people like Counter-Strike. I´ve always hated FPS games. Except for Doom, that I did like 10 years ago or whenever it was new =)

But Quake, Unreal and so on I really hated.
    Then I tried CS 6 months ago, and man did my life change. The all-time RPG nerd found a new love. I got addicted faster than... ehh... something :)

Now however the addiction has wore off alittle and I´m back in the sweet world of RPGing again.

Although, after my newfound love for CS, I discovered Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Nice game. Tried MoHAA, not to much fun, but it works if that´s the only game available.

8. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

ut 2003 Wow
    half-life
    UT
    hitman was fun havent played 2...yet
    Return to castle wolfenstein is a blast
    and my all time favorite multiplayer game is Halo

@ kovalis
    ive never had problems with UT's multiplayer speed, even when i had 56k, all you have to do is pay attention to the frame rates, and whatever mutators/mods are in

9. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Only played a FEW FPS but I loved Doom and it's follow-ups, Hexen and the Duke Nuke-Ems
    Mind you, that's about all I can think of that I've actually played, the rest that are similar are all MGS/Syphon Filter types

10. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31

Thief 2, you know....
    Hitman: Codename 47, now here's a real nice concept. It's not really first person, but hey, it's good. Need to get 2...
    Unreal Tournament, good stuff
    Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, was so good when it first came out

11. Shebali Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

When it comes to FPS, there's only one choice... or two actually.
    No One Lives Forever 1&2 are the best ever made.

12. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Deus Ex and Soldier of fortune 2 are my faves.
    Can't wait for Deus Ex 2 (By the way - isn't 'dues ex' Ancient greek meaning 'enter the god' or something??)

edit - excuse the spelling mistake :rolleyes:

13. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Unreal Torunament. The original not the sequel, the sequel was a graphics fest and IMHO didn't have nearly as good an atmoshpere nor even close to the quality gameplay of the original.

14. Jschild Gems: 8/31

deus ex means "a god from a machine"

15. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Are you sure? I am quite sure it means "from God".

16. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31

Deus ex machina is a "god from a machine".
    In some ancient Greek drama, a big crisis was solved by the intervention of a god, often brought on stage by an elaborate piece of equipment.

17. Jschild Gems: 8/31

It is also a cheap plot device used by most dramas and tv shows today. Almost every episode of trek involves such a use. Babylon 5 ruined me for Star Trek because of the lack of such a device (no technobabble to save the day).

18. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Medal of Honor (all of them)
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein
    Call of Duty
    Aliens vs Predator 1&2
    Dark Forces/Jedi Knight
    Vietcong

19. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Can't pick favourites, too hard, too hard.

I haven't played Deus Ex yet, though I certainly intend to.

One I played recently which was definately worth it is Blood Rayne. Hot vampire chick kills everyone with dual-wielded blades, werewolves, nazis, demons, all dead now :D It has the slow-motion stuff like Max Payne, and has combo moves and rage attacks as well.

Of course, I haven't yet tried Max Payne 2....

I have to say, as far as multiplayer is concerned, Nothing beats the Original Quake Team Fortress. Unreal Tournament is nice, but not the same atmosphere I think. It could be nostalgia talking however....

And sorry fellas, but I just can't for the life of me figure out why so many people can even tolerate Counter Strike, let alone play the damn thing. B'vec why do you play such a terrible game? WHY? WHY GOD WHY? ARGGGGHHHHHHHHHH! IT WAS EARTH YOU FOOLS! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL! ;)

20. Jschild Gems: 8/31

Actually Max Payne and Blood Rayne are 3rd person shooters and action games, like Oni.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.