1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is your D&D racial archetype?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Rakanishu, Mar 19, 2001.

1. Sol'Kanar Guest

First off I'd be neutral. My friends think it odd when even when we're playing a nice game of MTG during school lunch. I always keep the balance between us. And I act this way in all things, not tending towards good or evil, law or chaos. As for race, probably a wood elf. Slight build, medium height, and I'll kick yer ass if you hurt my forest.

2. FenixStrife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Im a true neutral grey elf theif all the way. I have a tendancy to never take sides in anything and get pissed off at people who do. Im a grey elf cause I like books and I have what is in effect a real life translation of +1 dex, for some reason Im just a lot more agile than everybody I know. of course... that could be because I'm about 6" shorter than everybody I know

3. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

you guys decide

con: 09
    str: 18
    cha: 12
    int: 17
    wis: 14
    dex: 07

i'm 6' 2", 200 pounds, 25 and facial features that are much like a young elminster, hawk-nosed, jet-black hair that is slightly graying, fairly chaotic but good, with a gote that makes me look a bit younger

4. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Arhem...that's "goatee".

5. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

decide what?

6. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

my archtype

7. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] mmhhh....when i look at your numbers Egg..a slip of a halfling bard is my decision :D

You did not expect a serios answer, or?

[This message has been edited by BogiTheWaverer (edited April 03, 2001).]

8. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

i would like a serious answer, i was thinking around the lines of a half-ogre fighter/mage

9. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

6'2"? 200 pounds? You're not a Fat Egg at all are you? heh heh I'm 6' and 210 pounds and I'm only a little chubby, man.

Stabbing in the dark, I'd guess my stats might be...

STR 17 (You can't be as big as I am without being strong)
    DEX 10 (Although, I'm very good with my hands)
    CON 16 (I'm almost never sick, I can take a lot of punishment as well)
    INT 15 (Just guessing, I've yet to take an IQ test)
    WIS 17 (It's all in the name, man)
    CHA 8 (This fluctuates on an hourly basis, but I can be very charming when I want to be)

I'm an immodest, modest, contradictory (heh, good luck finding anything that doesn't contain a contradiction of some sort...), gruff, friendly, blunt, long-winded, good guy with no respect for authority or those that value dollars more than their souls. I have a dry, warped sense of humor and a lust for unpopular quality. The loner that just wants to get along with people. You'll not learn cold, until you cross me. Destroy or desecrate something I love, and I'll likely destroy you.

And above all else, what's mine is yours, brother.

If there's a race that these apply to, let me know. But even on this ground, I believe I stand as one of a kind.

10. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Hmm, 6' and 210 pounds ? :eek:

I'm 6'4 and barely weigh 170 pounds. And I won't start with my own stats :p or maybe a bit.. something like reasonably high Int (15), Cha (16) and Con (16), a decent Str (14) and truly terrible Wis (6) and Dex (7). I could be wrong of course ;)

11. Vile Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

A Doppleganger sorcerer.

12. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'm a pretty solid boy, Lord Bane. Just eyeing up my shoulders, as compared to my waist, I'd guess, oh I don't know, maybe 50 inches around, probably more... I've said before that I wield strength and intelligence as one...

My mom is an excellent cook too, I'm chubby, there's no denying that.

At 6'4" and 170 pounds, you've got to be a bit of a beanpole, heh heh. Am I right?

13. Sol'Kanar Guest

I say wood elf, because I'm 5'9" 130 lbs. Not the biggest guy around. Probably a rogue or something...

14. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

This is a tough one! There is the "character" I would LIKE to be, and then the one that I AM.

At 6'3" and 230 lbs (weight lifting too - not-so-fat-egg), I can't be a true elf.

My aspiration would be Human Paladin - the warrior who defends the weak and proclaims the Truth of righteousness.

My reality would be a half-elven cleric. I'm good at the helping/proclaiming/teaching work. I actually have my Masters of Divinity (officially making me a 1st level cleric). I'm not much of a warrior though.

I chose half-elf because I've always felt like an outcast. I have all the potential and traits to run with the crowd, but something inside pulls me to the finges. I'm popular on a surface level, but most relationships fall flat.

The closest parellel to my angst would be Tanis Half-Elven.

15. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I look forward to twisting my katana which is deeply embedded in your paladin intestines, righteous scum!

Or drying the scalps of your entire holy order on a washline while I slowly nail your peeled face back onto your skull.....

Sorry, just getting into character as Shura the kensai.

16. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Shura;

Its difficult to put into writing the way my paladin would respond to that.

He wouldn't respond verbally to your taunts. You'd probably notice the sad look in his eye, maybe a tear, as your sword glanced off his armor, maybe even wounding him slightly.

As you died, at least only holy thing would enter your mind -- my HOLY AVENGER SWORD! :p

17. Shura Gems: 25/31

My Kensai'ed Katana is +5. Glance off your armour indeed.
    Probably skewered your heart, excised your lungs, removed your intestines and lop off both of your legs before you could even lift that lumbering sword of yours.
    As you die, the last thing you'll see is your fair maiden lover tossed to my Ta'naari Dretches for lunch.

18. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] Your post, so you win. The same way that Captain America can beat the Hulk as long as its in Capt's comic book.

Seriously . . . I'm not sure if your Paladin killing mania matches your earlier post about your chaotic good/neutral drow - self. You don't have to be Drizzit, but you could be nice :( (j/k)

19. Shura Gems: 25/31

Read my posts in The tavern of Infinity for more info about Shura the Kensai.

20. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Sounds good! I will become a student of Shura the Kensi. Since my name means "disciple" I guess you can be my new RPG roll model :D

Back to this topic . . .

I'm surprised that most people tend to idealize themselves. I wonder if there are any gnomes or half-orcs out there in the shadows. I know that in my younger days, I would have played a Wood Elf while feeling like a gully dwarf inside.

I'm also a interested in what dieties characters have associated themselves with? Sometimes a character's sprituality is more telling than their race or class.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.