1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is your D&D racial archetype?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Rakanishu, Mar 19, 2001.

1. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Count this in as one of those stupid topics.

The question, which racial archtype do you think your personality fits?

Is it the orc? The hobgoblin? The tiefling?

Tell us why also.

2. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31

I would probably be a githzerai. This is not because I have their special powers or because I look like them. Nor am I as heroic as Dak'kon.

I would not be the person I am today if it were not for the conflict, both mental and physical that I went through. My early years up to late teens were spent in strife, be it cold war affairs or open conflicts against enemies real, imagined or potential. For better or worse it has made me what I am today.

I would like to think myself as chaotic good, but in fact I seldom do good deeds, so am merely neutral. The "chaotic" element I added in is merely to add a little glory to the fact that most "lawful", conventional and rigid thinking types consider me a pariah.

At the same time, I am not truly chaotic. In fact I am quite conservative and law abiding. However I surely do not qualify as a lawful type, as my history of conflict would prove.

There is a definite mean streak in me. Once there was an innocent, kind hearted boy who if nurtured might have been a good, caring person today. But that was not to be. This boy soon learned firsthand the meaning of cruelty, and soon took satisfaction in inflicting it one others with the same hypocritical unjust pretexts used on him.

I like to think I have grown out of this. The truth is, I never really check myself. On the other hand acts of cruelty or evil leave a bad taste, but this aversion compels me to revenge or vigilante actions.

In short, I am a mere Neutral character, with neither the backbone to be truly good, nor the will to be lawful, nor the enlightenment to be a true individualist, nor the sadism to inflict on others, nor the cunning and hypocrisy useful to get to the top.

Githzerai I am indeed. :(

3. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] *sniffles and wipes away a tear*

4. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31

[​IMG] What the?? This is supposed to be a funny yet insightful topic, Darien! :o

Blast it, somebody better post, because if all I get is sympathetic looks or sideways glances, I'll MAIL BOMB ALL OF YOU!! :mad:

:p

5. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

A drow would best describe my racial archetype.
    First impressions for me in real life are ALWAYS bad and most people are willing to condemn me on the spot and do all they can to destroy me.
    I'm no Drizzt, therefore I answer their hate with my own wrath utilising either violence or malicious plotting. I'm capable of spinning layer over layers of deceitful webs while I'm not averse to unleashing whupass on my foes.
    Like a drow, I am perfectly capable of sacrificing people for my own selfish needs, no matter how trivial. Ruining someone's lifelong dream is inconsequential to me as long as I get what I want.
    I also possess Drow single-mindedness and obssesive mental strength. I can wait and plot for great periods of time just to make a project come through.
    I am an advocate of chaos, preferring to run wild when the situation allows it. A few months ago, the hope that a particular person would enter my life made me sort of a 'goody-2-shoes'. With that hope extinguished, I have no more excuses for doing such things. While I'm not greedy for rewards that come from helping people, neither am I altruistic.
    My friends, most of whom are chaotic evil or lawful evil to me, consider me somewhat a paladin(nooooo :eek: :eek: ) and they get very pissed whenever I interfere in an unfair fight or give indifferently to charities. My blatant disregard for authority and social conventions says otherwise though. I guess I can say I'm chaotic good. Or Chaotic neutral with good tendencies. But despised by everyone I meet.
    A drow.

6. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Heh... Sorry Rakanishu... I guess since I've got nothing constructive to say...

*/me shuts up*

7. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31

[​IMG] Argh, no Darien, that's not what I meant.

Please do say something in this topic.

Seriously, don't you think you fit an archtype (sort of)?

And archtypes rule D & D, you're bound to find one sooner or later.

8. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    High Elf - Noble, wise, playful, slow to anger, but terrbile and powerful in response!

Or just your basic stuffy human paladin type.... :D

9. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Rakanishu, I don't know... I'm not feeling very imaginative today. *sigh* You tell me.

Something contradictory, I suppose, with a decent INT that is undermined by severe mood swings. Something that wears a facade of carefree cheerfulness, because whatever is inside is not fit for public scrutiny. Something with high ideals that are slowly being ground into dust by realism.

Hmmm... maybe I should just go back to bed and try again tomorrow. Heh. Sorry, R-.

10. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Human.

I really don't have the skills to be any other race. Although it'd be fun to imagine. Maybe an imp . . . nah.

11. Seric Exz Guest

Hm... The curiosity of an overgrown pixie. The melancholy of Xan. Transforming into Eldoth Kron when having had too much coffee. Tolerance, equilibrium and versatility! I s'pose I'm human even in my dreams...

12. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Probably a Xvart. No reason. (hey look I am one now!)

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited April 04, 2001).]

13. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

14. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I guess if we can't use human :) I'd go with dwarf. Mostly due to a combination of phyical traits and personality. But again it's only a lose fit.

15. Duskai Gems: 7/31

A nymph...cos I'm a nymph-o-maniac, er...I mean slightly insane, of course ;)

16. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I think I'm probably a kender or gnome. I'm not very tall and according to my friends totally freakin nuts (hooray!). I tend to be either very happy or very depressed or angry. My alignment must be lawfull neutral. I respect and strongly believe in the law.
    I would like to be good but the alignment test says I'm neutral. I am no coward.
    I am always ready to defend my friends when somebody spreads rumours about them.
    I'd just wish THEY would defend me.
    I am also very controlled. I can get angry.
    Very angry. But I am not the kind of person who would start a fight because I don't wan't to risk my hide for anything.
    What hinders me in becoming LG is probably my pride. I always get angry when people insult me. I know it is stupid to value my pride so highly, but its a thing I can't
    control. My best ability is that I'm very
    tolerant about other peoples minor failings. I can easily ignore such things.
    That is also my largest problem as I believe other people to be tolerant too.
    This also makes me a bit naive...okay I admit it. I'm a sucker. I always think people tell me the truth.

17. hooligan_inc Guest

I would be a gnoll.

Because they are cool brother

18. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Something with reasonably high Int ;) , a disastrous Wis :o and a nice Cha :cool:. Any suggestions ? Probably some sort of Half-Elf I suppose.

19. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I got True Neutral on the alignment test and it perfectly reflects reality. I see myself as a reduced in size Treant (LOTR version - strong roots and strong grasp, solid, great mental strength,). If I am correct, they are also referred sometimes as Eldarkyn.

20. hooligan_inc Guest

no, I would be Sahuagin. becaudse they don't giva a damn.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.