1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What Is The Most Amazing Thing you Ever Accomplished In a Computergame?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Nobleman, Sep 25, 2001.

1. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I know that I've done that before many months ago; first try in recent memory... a 43

2. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

I got a 38...

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure it's impossible to score an 18 on that game. On some of the holes it's just impossible to score a hole in one. I scored a 34 and for that I played superbly!

4. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Agree with Barmy, there are 2 or 3 particular holes that I tried very hard and couldn't get in one. The fact that you can't hit the ball too hard in some holes (the one with ups and down greens) because whenever you want to hit hard and the pointer is out of the green box, it won't hit hard, just the strenght you can get with the pointer inside the green box.

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It’s definitely possible, because I’ve done it. There are, however, a few holes where you have to get the speed and/or angle just right; miss it by just a bit and you won’t even come close to a hole-in-one. IIRC, the most sensitive one (I don’t recall the #) was the one with 3 long horizontal “alleyways” – hit it up a bit and to the left, bounce it back to the right , and bounce it back again to the left. The “up and down” ones also fall into this category.

The really hard part is getting all 18 holes-in-one in the same game.

Like I said, I was bored one weekend.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

It takes many years for good golfers to mature properly.

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I just realized I gave the wrong link. The game I played before was a more "full-screen" version of the same game. I've changed the link above; I think the previous game wasn't allowing you to get enough speed on certain holes.

8. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I just remembered what I think is my greatest moment in gaming (Fallout 2):

The time I was the first among all my friends to find Navarro and subsequently the Enclave Power Armor. I was God to them.

9. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I took 7v1 on Random Map on AOK(no conquerors) and won....also took on 3 of the top 4 players on Herofest(custom map...really popular for AOK) with a buddy of mine and rolled them.

Got a 5 hs shot on Counter-Strike: Source last week with an AWP in a 5v5 match, and later that same game got a 6 man nade(killed a teammate, and their whole team). Quite a good night for me.

10. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

What difficulty was it? I think I've done it a few times on hardest (conquerors mostly), and since it sometimes feels too easy, I've downloaded a few custom AI's that makes the computer play much more like people do when you play online. It rocks.

11. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

it wasn't against the computer...it was against "intermediate" people online. Intermediates can generally do a 2v1 on hardest against the computer....as you could guess from the feat, I was considered expert..

12. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Managed to get the kill rating "Holy s***! Someone kill him!" In DOTA the other day. Think thats... 11 or 12 kills in a row.

13. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

What's DOTA?

14. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Defence of The Ancients. It's a Warcraft III map. If your still curious, look here .

15. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

Finished the Atlantic Accelerator stage in the original Syndicate.

Got to the final stage of Blizzard's Skibi's Tower Defense solo.

Got there again with a friend.

16. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Managed to win Virtua Fighter II two times in a row after beating my friend, who was supposed to be better at it than me. I didn't know anything about playing it, I just pushed the buttons like a maniac.

17. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    What's AOK for that matter. Age of Kangoroo?

18. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Just to go back to the mini golf game, it is possible to get 18. I havent done it but i have got the ball at least over the hole on every hole. just need to get the speed right.

And Flix, its Kangaroo mate :p

19. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Age of Kings. Great game in its day!

20. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Still is a great game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.