1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What Is The Most Amazing Thing you Ever Accomplished In a Computergame?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Nobleman, Sep 25, 2001.

1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I tend not to remember stuff unless reminded of them by someone else.
    Done it, though most likely a lot easier for me than it was for you. I discovered an odd bug in the PC version where if you have the Chocobo World minigame open at the same time as the game, getting items from the minigame to the main game won't reset the number of items you have in the minigame. With a lot of Alt-Tabbing to 'refresh' the minigame's numbers, you get a buttload of items, including lots of stat-boosters. Eventually getting 255 in all stats makes everything a hell of a lot easier. ;)

I'm unusually lucky at finding such exploits.

2. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

World of Warcraft, level 29 Gnome frost mage/engineer in Warsong Gulch. Killed 7 horde who were after Alliance flag carrier by holding them in place with a nova then blizzarding them to death and finishing off the last two with arcane explosions and fire blast.

Flag carrier was a paladin with a priest supporting.

We went ahead to cap two more flags with an offense of the same group (priest [healer/remove-ailmenter], paladin [carrier] and myself-frost mage [inhibiting/slowing enemy]) that allowed our team to field 7 defenders.

3. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

@Felinoid: Yes! That's exactly how I buffed my party too! I wonder if you won the fight the same way that I did as well? haha

4. Nataraja Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Media:
    Defeating the red dragon in Moonstone...then winning Moonstone...loved that game...

5. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Finding cheese in Master of Orion 2.

I had this strategy in which I could get the best possible ship technology quite early in the game with Bulrathi by invading the Antaran ships and scrapping them.

6. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Creating huge Alien Vs Grunt fights in Half-Life using the Grunt-o-Matic (so much fun)

7. General Ghoul Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Ultima I on C64/128. Defeated the pirates of pirate island. they had 6 ships. So I "walked them" (entering one ship, sailing it along side other, exiting ship, enter next ship, sail it along side first ship. Repeat several thousand times until you reach mainland.) Then sail each ship back to city port and sell for $$. Never need cash again.

8. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

It allowed you to enter a hidden room which had the text "Created by Warren Robbinet."

9. BlckDeth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

In Rise of Nations: TaP, I would often decimate the enemy forces, but leave a sole enemy city left unclaimed by my troops. I'd then give them a few hundred-thousand of every resource and see how far they could come back. Well, one time I ...erm, 'underestimated' the A.I., and they ended up coming from behind and winning. Doh!

Oh, were we bragging? :D

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Talk about thread necromancy! :jawdrop:

Playing a game and winning without godmode.

11. nunsbane

nunsbane

I finished IWD2 HoF mode with a solo monk, it took 12 in-game years.

As a lad in the early eighties, I read that the mad bomber in 'Kaboom' (atari game) did something special at the score of 10,000 points. After months of practice I finally made the point total just to see the bomber's mouth go from a frown to an "O" surprised expression...I was very disapointed.

I once made 189 lines on 'Tetris'.

12. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I think beating the original Super Mario Brothers three times in an hour while I was in elementary school is it for me.

Also I once had a huge city on SimCity 3000 when I was twelve or so, but then I got the option to build a theme park, so I took out all the loans and blew everything.

[ January 08, 2007, 00:24: Message edited by: ChickenIsGood ]

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Typing in my own computer game from a computer magazine. Back in those days, the free software didn't come on a cover disc, it came in the form of a few pages of code that, if you typed it in correctly, resulted in a playable game. The biggest achievement was the typing-in of a centipede style shoot 'em game which took about two hours to type (and then another two hours to debug and find all the typos before it would work properly).

14. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

Well...its not the most AMAZING thing, but its certainly recent...

I scored 160,000 points in a single drift NFS Carbon last night on one the Canyon drift tracks...its a personal record!!!

And then...last year, we had organised a money match tournament on our campus for Tekken 5...and I beat everyone!! :) Made about 100 bucks that day! :D

15. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

189 lines in Tetris was a walk in the park for me, my highest is 479 :)

I finished Ghost n' Gobblins losing just 2 lives, but it took me a lot to finally finish the game, which no matter what it says at the end of a game, I couldn't continue, so after very long time and at about 80% of the game, if you lose, you had to start all over again... such a pain. So I felt very realized when I beat the darng game.

Finished 1942 without losing a life, man those where times...

Found a trick in Operation Wolf that made the second round easier.

Finished Ninja Kid II without continuing and before someone else even continuing.

Beat Double Dragon I, II and III without continuing and before someone else even continuing.

Back in those times, I spent about 5 hours in those recreative saloons :p

16. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I completed FF8 on the PC without summoning a single GF, none, never. It tooks a freakin' long time, and I had to carefuly junction my magic and search for good item, but it was worth it. :D

17. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I managed to score an 18 in this game

:D

And I hereby challenge anyone to do the same.

:p

(Edit: changed link)

[ January 15, 2007, 22:32: Message edited by: Splunge ]

18. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    54 on first try :o . How long did you play for Splunge?

19. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I got a 47 on my 1st try. You must have been either extremely lucky or had too much time on your hands Splunge

20. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I was really really bored one weekend a few months back. Suffice it to say that it took me more than a few tries to score an 18.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.