1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What Is The Most Amazing Thing you Ever Accomplished In a Computergame?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Nobleman, Sep 25, 2001.

1. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] I just finished NBA Live 2001 on the PS. Won the championships as the Golden State Warriors without reloading due to lost games. Played the complete season, all 82 games, plus the playoffs! :D

Also finished the PS version of FIFA 2001, seaon mode at world class level with FC Barcelona! :D Won the ECC and the Spanish League. Too bad I got beat at the Spanish Cup Final by Real Madrid. :(

Barca shouldn't have traded Luis Figo...

2. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I didn't know you could beat river raid. I mean there must have been a last screen but I couldn't ever get through it. I had it for the Atari almost 20 years ago. After about 70 screnns I usually run out of fuel. The river became SO small and there was tons of stuff in it. And no fuel tanks in sight. I don't know how anyone could get to the bridge and I'm not sure if there was anything after that screen. ActiVision made the best games for the Atari.

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I played BG and drunk some beers in the Friendly Arm Inn. After I stood up to go to the toilet, I felt very dizzy and I could barely walk a straight line. :)

4. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Now that I think about it...I've only finished 4 pc games ever, start to finish:

X-Com: UFO Defense (Still my all time favorite):1eye: :wave:

Wing Commander 1&2 :holy:

Baldur's Gate (with TotSC added):grin:

5. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

[​IMG] Hmmm, I finished the 7th guest once while my girlfriend (at the time) and some friends watched "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" and got baked in the other room.

I started playing the game as the movie started, and I finished it, as the movie ended.

Too bad, the game wasn't that much fun... :(

6. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

How interesting, I was 8 years old too Invoker. This game must really be taylored to attract 8 year olds. :lol: I remember how I died all the time now that Voltric mentions it. Fuel!! bugger. Thats why I invented the slalom part. :)

We should make a multiplayer version :D

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Nobleman:
    That means - move your backside there! ;)

8. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

You meant the other too. That part you mentioned there was too obvious for me, so I didn't explain it. :p

9. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

[​IMG] This is more a feat of herculean patience than skill; I finished Wing Commander on a really old Amiga where at times (ie you got mobbed by about 10 kilrathi in an asteroid belt) it slowed down to ridiculous levels. You had to wait about 10 seconds every time you pressed the fire button before the laser beams actually left your guns. *sigh*

10. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Did I see Colonization up here? I played that like a god, even if my mouse only worked at the left half of the screen! I am unbeatable in playing Colonization with keyboard only. :D

11. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Zork! Yes!

I beat the original but the C-64 went the way of all flesh before I finished Z2. You can get them all for free online now. (I think they're at happy puppy.)

Wow, now that was good questing. Not just a bunch of mindless fetching.

12. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] I've always loved strategy games over shoot'em ups.

Finished Myst in four hours. :heh:

13. Azirath Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I beat the wizard in ultima 1, (can't remember his name) and took only 100 something points of damage, and killed him in under 50 seconds.... and once played through ultima 9 without ever falling into the water on any of those damn jumping puzzles.

[This message has been edited by Azirath (edited September 27, 2001).]

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Mine is an UnArchive:

I have owned a nintendo since I was seven, and I still haven't played thorough Super Mario 1, cheating or not!

Anyone else?

Ara
    (Sniffling and trying to avoid going home)

15. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Someone I work with gave me a copy of Ceasar's Palace to install on my PC.
    I discovered that all the graphics used with this game could be edited with the standard Window's Paint program, so I spent a busy two weeks changing virtually all the graphics in the game, including the title screens. I also had inserted my name into several prominent places. It was actually pretty cool looking. I then stayed late one day and installed the game with the new graphics on everyone's PC. There are still copies of it floating around (this happened about 4 years ago). And I got paid to do it! Plus all the glamour, the chicks, etc, that go with being a "famous" video game designer!

16. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    (I don't get it, I already posted this... why doesn't it show?)

My 'archievement' is actually an UNarchievement: I've owned a Nintendo for, like, a decade, and I still haven't completed Super Mario 1! Is that bad or what?

I also remember this little archievement...
    I was really small, five at the most, and played this 'Over the Rainbow' (?) game in Commondore 128 (the game where you shoot little rainbows and jump upwards) and I got thorough the big spider in the end of the second (?) level!
    I was so proud...

Ara
    (Odd little thing, sniffling at the moment)

17. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I am quite proud of scoring over 500% in Civ2 on Emperor level. And i didnt even cover the entire landmass like people normally do when theyre after highscore.

18. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I was able to completely stop playing games and focus on work and my new baby for a good 5 months after she was born!!! That's saying a lot for an addict like me.

19. Lithorn Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Beat Shadows of Amn, imported, and beat Throne of Bhaal, all with a solo mage.

20. christopher_c_pitzer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Finished the original Super Mario Bros. on the NES with about 84 lives left, not using any of the area portals. Then I finished the original Zelda without dying in 3 hours, all 9 dungeons. Once you finished that one, there was a code that you entered to get a new game with new dungeons and stuff, I finished that one in 3 hours as well and only died once. Then again, I was only in the seventh grade, like I had anything else to do.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.