1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is the meaning of your names?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Igneous, Apr 4, 2001.

1. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Pardon me for spamming, but...

/me laughs uproariously at Wildfire and Serora

Thank you, I feel quite relieved now... *wanders back into the murky mists of anonymity*

2. Gopher thighs Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Minsc's funny accent....rock on Boo!

3. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Well, Maldir is the name of a character of mine in a LARP game (actually Harton Maldir). I've had a lot of fun playing the character - everyone in the game thinks that he's evil and not to be trusted, but I've manipulated my way to gaining lots of power in the game, including leading one of the largest group of "good" characters in the system. It all makes for a lot of fun in roleplaying.

4. shadow_thief Guest

As I think everyone who's played the BG series knows that my name came from the ever cool shadow thieves. Hehe, anyone nicked recently?

Edit: Oh yeah, I also like to call meself Shadow Goddess. Although Dudette says that I'd be married off with Aran Linvail because he's the "Shadow Master". I say no because Bloodscalp is the Shadow Master.

[This message has been edited by shadow_thief (edited July 02, 2001).]

5. Drunken Monk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Well, I actually made this name before I knew about the Monk class in BG2 as I love Kung Fu and Jackie Chan in the Drunken Master series. When I found out about the Monk class in BG2 I was really happy. It also describes the way I play my main character in BG2, (one of three - also Cav & Inv to be WildM) ie. wild, fearless with fists and legs pounding into my opposition!

6. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

My name is the name I have been using for my D&D characters (and subsequently BG characters). As of now this name has been in use for 25 years.

7. miniwoo Guest

My name was stolen from my Guinea Pig Mini. Surely there's some way to change me name, Tal, to something paladinly, like Sir Yerril of Kultar.

8. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

hmmm now i am almost positive that i have posted to this thread before.. but i scrolled through all the posts and couldnt find mine so....

Well my name is rather obviously taken from the dragonlance series.

I am not physically much like the character but alot of my personality is akin :D such as my crooked grin ;)

9. Duskai Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

That's strange, my entry has vanished also

so here it is again:

Duskai, pronounced 'duss-kye(rhyming with sky)
    It is supposed to me mean 'she who sees in the darkness' or dusk eye. A suitable name for a mysterious thief, or so I thought at the time :p

[This message has been edited by Duskai (edited July 05, 2001).]

10. shadow_thief Guest

Duskai...Sendai...Are you a drow planning to ressurect Bhaal like Sendai?

11. Reeky thestenchful goblin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

my actual name is ricky and im short+evil like a goblin and im stinky

12. Zaragoth Guest

Well, acctually Zaragoth doesn´t mean shit!
    But my last name - Melkhior - was the name of one of the three wise men in the bible.
    I decided to change and thought that Zaragoth would sound cool.
    And that´s it :)

13. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Ach! All this name changing business is confusing me; I get to know who some bozo is, only to have them change their name like some felon trying to make a fresh start in a small midwestern town! ;)

14. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I'm not planning on changing mine thus

BTA's felon theory = fugged.

15. ClammyRyu Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

ClammyRyu. Have you ever played that game street fighter? Do you notice after playing for a while your hands get sweaty?
    Voila.

16. shadow_thief Guest

When I'm at Dudette's house, after we play her Nintendo 64 for about half an hour, I start losing control of the controller with all the perspiration forming on my hands.

17. Duskai Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] woh! too much information...

18. DarkHunterz Gems: 3/31

For some reason i didn't make my name.
    This was my bothers Diablo2 Amazons name.
    He signed up for me cuase it was his computer then. and he allways plays and takes my games. im thinking of making a new one but i hate most of my screen names and email adresses anyway. Whn i get my own laptop ill be off tinkg of a name for me! :)

19. Gonff Gems: 3/31

If you don't know who Gonff is you should read Redwall. But for those of you who haven't Gonff is the Prince of Mouse-Thiefs. It fits me I thought because I'm fast and nimble and the name just kicks ass.

20. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

For thouse of you who are still posting here for the original reason my name I created frome the dragon naves in the book Elvenbane done by Ann McCaffry and someone else sory I lost the book and appolagise for any miss spellings.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.