1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is the funniest thing you've encountered?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Rastor, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  2. Karunirin Rochambeau Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

"These Iron Rations are capable of healing 3 hitpoints for the user. Combined with 50' of rope and a 10' pole, they make for a wicked old-school adventurer's pack."

Ah, memories...

3. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

In Ice Temple, I shoot west with prism device and broke it down. I get my wizard to fix it.
    A message like this appeared:
    "If you think you can fix this device with such low INT, you are really dumb."
    "What!? But I have 23 INT" I thought. Then I realized that it was not my wizard trying to fix but my barbarian. :)

4. underthewronghat Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

[​IMG] Stomping around the underdark with the Golem, I got ready for a big fight and casted invisibility circle... The Golem suddenly starts running around going, "I CANNOT FIND THE MASTER!" :lol:

5. VincentCKH Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] In the prologue, while talking to Phaen, if your character has a high charisma you can trick Phaen into telling the name of his master. Upon doing that you will get a message something like this,

"You have tricked Phaen into telling the name of his master - what an idiot. The party has received experience"

6. dark druid Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] when i click on my male fighter and click somewhere to move him he sais:´´i shall not fail´´ nad then i pick pocket and a message comes: pick pocket failed :)

7. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    All posted that I came across I found funny. Some more so then others. To add: 1) I get a kick out of my half-Orc tank (very strong but below average IQ) carrying on very intelligent conversations. 2) I have a female halfling rogue with, I believe, FRV I. She delights so much I took her name when I registered for the forum. IWDII is fun because you can get different dialogue options with different characters or as with my half-orc dialogue that doesn't fit the character. I miss Boo too.

8. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Male Fighter 5 voice set is great, because the comments are just so good. "I'm a busy man. I got places to go, monsters to kill!" Excellent adventurer :thumb:

Another quite funny thing is that Yago's Book of Curses is in a shelf in Dragon's Eye (remember the quest in Baldur's Gate 1?)

9. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Harkle, how about another comment by that voiceset?

"Nah, I don't thinkso. Just kidding, I'll do it."

10. Gwenhwyfar Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

One of the things I found funny was having my Drow Dreadmaster of Bane say something along the lines of "Speaking to you sickins me, dathiar" to the lords wife in Targos. I know I didn't spell that right, I don't spell very well in Drow.

11. S0litude Gems: 2/31

After killing the merchants near underdark I still get their warnings appear in the air, like 'Stay away from our merchandise or be dead' or something like that. I think it's kind of funny although it surely is a bug.

12. HunterExamus Gems: 1/31

Male Fighter 5 after clicking him multiple times his 4 comments are "I understood you the first 20 times you selected me."

"Hey, there's nothing else for you to here! Just pick someone else. Sheesh."

"What, do you think I'm *lying?* Moce on, nothing to hear here!"

"Waaaazzzzaaaap?"

Female Rouge 2 says- "Is this what you'd call "role-playing?"

"So I kicked him in the head until he was dead...I can't believe I just said that."

Thats a line from the Bandits in Baldur's Gate I. All this I have gotten exactly correct from the game becuz I was bored, not likely there we're mistakes because I wrote it down from the game and then typed it, see how bored I am? .......

13. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

If you click on your sorcerer heaps of times, he may say, "dont tell a soul, but i was abducted as an infant and raised by dragons"

or

"sssh, if you keep making noise they'll see you and.. Uh, oh, yes." as though he was seen.

and i also found in the prologue in the Salty Dog Tavern, the innkeep says, "A little spit on these glasses will give them some shine."

and also in the tavern, (i have 2 more) just listening to the convo between the mercenarys is quite funny. And when you start fighting them, the merchant there says, "Go on, hit him!"

14. nemes_ie Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Did anyone notice that the duergar in the underdark are speaking phonetic russian? its been a long time since i studied any russian, but i definitely recognise a few phrases!

well, I found it funny :)

15. S0litude Gems: 2/31

What do they say?
    Yeah and the wandering village is finnish - really! All the names Jari, Venla, Carita, Tahvo etc. are finnish names! And they pronounce a little bit like finnish people talk english. That one REALLY surprised me, maybe there is Fin in the desing team...maybe I should check it out...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.