1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is the best Cleric weapon?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by spoogemonkey, May 14, 2003.

1. spoogemonkey Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] My cleric has the Flail of the Ages.... but it is soooooo slow.... and he only gets one attack per round...

2. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I don't want to give spoilers, but that flail you already have is in the top 3 weapons for a cleric.

If you think your cleric is too slow, the only way to improve attacks per round is haste (or similar effects like Oil of Speed, etc).

3. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Perhaps he should stop hitting himself with it then. :lol:

Seriously, though, make sure your cleric is proficient with flails and that they are strong enough to swing it. If you spend a proficiency point in single weapon fighting, that will speed him up a bit also.

4. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yeah, it's hard to say but....you're not going to find a weapon so much better than the Flail! Blog is right....
    But...there may be a solution,I don't remember now...I've heard of a mod that can make you upgrade your weapons...I just don't remember wich. You'll have to ask around!
    See you and good luck!

5. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Why is it that no one has mentioned Crom Fayr as a great cleric weapon? :confused:

It's called the Item Upgrade mod, and it's available on Weimer's site (same guy who made the Soloufein mod).

If you want cool weapons, I highly recommend the Item Upgrade mod. All it does is combine existing weapons and items in the game as components for Cromwell to forge into better items. It gives new life to the several otherwise lame weapons in the game (like the clubs, for instance). It's not really cheating either, because these items are expensive to upgrade, but well worth it. This included NPC items, too. Think about it.

6. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

The trouble with Crom Faeyr is that you can't get it until later on in the game. It is, though, the best cleric weapon hands down -- in fact, it could be argued that it is the best weapon overall! I use dwarven fighter/clerics with this sucker and it rocketh!

Remember, though, that no matter how strong your cleric is or how cool his weapon, fighters are still superior in a day to day slugfest. Clerics should be used less often than fighters for melee battles (though more often than thieves or mages!)

7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    about the attack per round, in 2E NO other class than Fighter (or fighter sub-class Barb, Pally, ranger...) can have more than one attack per round, Beside that hammer out of hell I think Flail of tha Ages is a VERY strong weapon.

8. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Agreed!
    Flail of Ages and Crom Faeyr are the 2 you shouldn't miss. But where would my undeadslaying Morninglord be without a Mace of Disruption +2?

Oops! I'm not allowed in here: I got something installed that prohibits me to.. :heh:

9. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Talking about Crom Faeyr where do u get the component for it? and what is it? I've been through the game so many times and not once have i found all of the things need to make it.

or should i start a new forum thread thingy asking this?

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] No, you should make a search on "Crom Faeyr" in this forum instead, since it's been discussed about 500 times in the past. And please spell words properly. As per forum rules, no |33t is allowed on these boards.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.