1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What game of 2005 are you most looking forward to?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Newfie, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Pablo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

2. Fiatil Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, that is in the slight event that it's released in '05. Stronghold 2 comes out soon though.

3. Atari Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is looking sweeter with every passing day. Besides that I would have to say Dragon Age.

4. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Age of Empires III
    Dungeon Siege II
    Elder Scrolls IV
    Dungeon Lords (next week)
    Call of Duty II (original was excellent)

I don't think Dragon Age will make it out this year...

5. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

@ Chandos the Red

How can you look forwards to 'Dungeon Siege 2?' Wasn't the first one horrible enough? It was hack'n'slash in its purest form. :confused:

6. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I've seen the videos for Dungeon Siege 2, and so far it looks EXACTLY like Dungeon Seige 1...which is not exactly a bad thing. All the people who loved Diablo and Baldurs Gate : Dark Alliance would probably love Dungeon Seige II as well...and the graphics look SWEET!! :love:

However...as for looking forward to some games...I think I'll be adding Dragonshard, Dragon Age and Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion to the list. Those are games with some serious potential!

7. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

Act of War: Direct Action.

Yes, it's already out.
    Yes, I already got my copy.

No, the computer is runs on will not be accessible by me for another two weeks. Looking forward to it though! ;)

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I loved Diablo but BG: DA was just horrible :sick:

9. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

10. Chandos the Red

Media:
    I liked Dungeon Siege the first time through - until I tried to play it a second time...and found it was pointless.

11. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    As far as I know, they're addressing the monotony issue in Dungeon Seige 2. Actual quests, unique items, more personality in the NPC's, things like that. They honestly expected the first one to be a monster smash, and it certainly could have been. So I think they're taking the many complaints about the first one to heart.

That said - I won't be buying it right away, I'll wait for reviews. But I'm like Chandos on DS1. When I first brought it home, I couldn't put it down, I thought it was awesome. Then somewhere around the area after the crazy goblin's machine factory area (I think where you fight tons of undead in open fields or something) I just lost interest. Too much of a good thing is indeed bad.

I'm looking forward to Age of Empires 3, that new Star Wars RTS (which looks friggin' awesome), and Baldur's Gate 3 of course, if it ever gets finished. Neverwinter Nights 2 looks like it'll be fun.

12. Sir Goulum Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Jade Empire for my Xbox.

13. Firag Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

The Elder Scrolls 4 : Oblivion
    Dungeon Lords
    Dragon Age
    Jade Empire

14. Sir Goulum Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Dragon Age comes out next year, I think.

15. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Bioware is predicting 2006 for Dragon Age. With that, there are no games coming out in 2005 that I am going to buy.

I might be talked into Elder Scrolls IV, but that might be 2006 too.

16. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I don't buy many new games. That said, the ones that I might consider buying:

Dreamfall
    Empire at War (mainly since I'm a giant Star Wars nerd)
    Psychonauts (new game from Tim Schaefer)

also, QfG2VGA.

17. Atari Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I just saw some screen shots of Age of Empires 3. Wow! That game just looks awsome. Ensemble already has me hooked. With those graphics plus the great game play they incorporate it is sure to rock! :D

18. Defspeal Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I am really looking forward to UFO: extraterrestrials if and when it come out, here is a site all about it if your interested
    UFO : ET
    It contains some nice screenshots and art too!

19. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Stronghold 2. I always prefered Stronghold to Age of Empires as its more fun and realistic in my humble opinion.

20. Chandos the Red

Media:
    I'm playing Stronghold 2 right now - good game so far. I really like the new 3D graphics.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.