1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What game are you playing right now?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Enagonios, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gawain Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Just started Dungeon Siege, but also have RL issues--just accepted a transfer to Montana, so I have to get the house ready to sell. So I won't have a lot of play time for a while.

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

BG, BG2, and IWD1 are all going simultaneously. Mostly BG2 to keep up with my story in CS.

Also playing Chrono Trigger lately. Beatifully done RPG; you really get to feel for the characters. I always get a little choked up at the end. It's an old console game for the SNES, but there may be some collections or something out there that include it (I'm almost certain of it, in fact).

For a change of pace I play Star Trek: Armada. A fairly good strategy game, but if my Starcraft CD weren't broken I'd be playing that instead. Starcraft is an excellent game, and if you haven't heard of it you're missing out big time.

I also play Madden NFL 2004 for some off-season pro football excitement. The Madden NFL franchise is completely cross-platform, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding it for any console or even the PC. Just pick your year (2004 is for the 2003-2004 season) and look for that title. They do pretty much every other sport too if football isn't your cup of tea.

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@JSBB

:sick: You haven't played FFX then? If you haven't you should, it will make you see X-2 as it is: a reminder why the Final Fantasy Franchise should stick to their "no sequels" policy.

@HB

I'm guessing it's called BG because they wanted to trade on the popularity of the original and with good reason too because you play the same character and it's just a new part of your story. It's called Shadows of Amn because, well, most of it takes place in Amn and much of the plot involves the Shadow Thieves. That's what I think at least.

Myself I just finished my BG game. Sarevok is so easy once you've done it the 1st time :rolleyes: and I'm about to continue my R/C into BG2

4. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

[​IMG] Morrowind. Im trying a fairly pure class Breton mage with major: Unarmoured, mysticism, conjuration, alteration, destruction and minor: blunt weapons (I wanted him to use a staff), alchemy, restoration, security, enchant and with the Atronach star sign. Think I should have gone with light armour and short blade instead to build agility instead of strength and unnecessary amounts of speed, as unarmoured seems to level up quick as anything. Also, I know the Atronach is kind of seen as the ultimate in mage star signs, but Im relatively new at the game and I find it a pain in the arse to have to summon and then piss off the ancestral ghost to build back my magicka. I'd rather have less magicka thats easier to build back up with slightly better combat skills to fall back on when I run out of juice for fireballs.

Bah! Looks like yet another restart for me. Just cant help it. I'll find my ideal character yet. This game is brilliant, though. I love exploring this massive world, setting up my little alchemical lab in the house of some crook I wasted, visiting the vast, diverse cities etc. I havent even got beyond level 3! This is how RPG gaming should be. At least, how some RPG gaming should be. I still like the comfort of knowing where Im supposed to be going next as provided by more linear games now and again.

Incidentally, is it possible to have constant effect magical items crafted? Its just that some of the things I've seen people recommend seem to suggest that it is, but I havent yet met an enchanter who would do it, the duration just going up to something like 14440 for an astronomical price. Is this something that will become available later, or am I just trying to enchant in the wrong spells? (ie levitate, water breathing etc).

[ February 07, 2006, 11:08: Message edited by: Will ]

5. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Might and Magic VII

I foolishly started a party with four monks. I'm level fourty now but I'm getting slaughtered by medusas who paralyze and stone me and I cannot defend myself to their attacks because I can't master body magic :mad:

6. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

@ Will

Yes it is. First of all you need a soulgem (the yellow ones, i forgot their name), secondly you either need a scroll, or the spell "soultrap", and third a fat wallet, because creating constant effect items doesn't come cheap. Also, don't forget that constant effect only works on exquisite stuff, so collect all exquisite rings, amulets, shoes, pants, shirts, and robes you can get your hands on.

Once you have all required items it's time to go hunting, and your best bet would be the grazelands on the north east coast of Vvardenfell. You see, constant effect items can only be created with the trapped souls of either a Golden Saint, or an Ascended Sleeper, and the latter are hard to find very early in the game, and most Golden Saints can be found in the region around Tel Vos.

If you have little or no patience for soulhunting, you could always purchase srolls of "summon Golden Saint" and aquire the soul the easy way. Once you have a trapped soul, and an item you want to create, go to an enchanter in one of the Mages guilds or a temple, and buy yourself something nice.

Personally i prefer to enchant everything with "fortify strength" constant effect. Not because i want to deliver deadly blows to my foes (which i do btw), but to be able to carry tons of goodies, without being worried of getting overencumbered all the time. So far i have enchanted...

1 an exquisite pants
    2 an exquisite shirt
    3 an exquisite belt
    4 an exquisite robe
    5 Daedric greaves
    6 Daedric left and right pauldron
    7 My runed Daedric katana
    8 Daedric towershield
    9 Daedric longbow

Of course i also wear other stuff, like rings, cuirass, boots, and an amulet, but those were all powerfull enchanted items from the start. All items i mentioned were enchanted with fortify strength constant effect enchantments, which gives me a grand total of 217 strength, and the ability to carry somewhat 1000 lbs around on me. I could raid 5 Daedric shrines without having to return to a merchant to get rid of stuff once.

7. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Battle for middle earth. (RTS)

Currently doing the evil campaign and is about to attack Minas Tirith. A good game but the AI is kinda bad and the game gets too easy and repetetive (sp?) as the main campaign goes on, even on the hardest difficulty setting.

Thief II: The Metal Age (FPS Sneaker)

I'm currently doing another run through the fantastic fanmade expansion T2X: Shadows of the Metal Age. Once I've finished it I'm gonna keep playing the hundreds of fan made missions that have been made for the game. Stealing is fun :D

Thief - Deadly Shadows (same as above.)

Don't play it much anymore. I'm trying to play it through on expert but I just get mad at how much the game sucks compared to it's prequels. The fan made missions are nice although they are still quite simple because the Editor was released quite recently.

GTA III

Everybody knows what GTA is so...

Ground Control II (RTS)

Albeit not as great as the first game it's still very good. But the ending was a bit... well... crap considering that they are not planning an expansion or sequel to the game.

Immortal Cities: Children of the Nile (City Construction)

You build cities. In ancient Egypt. Yay.

Games I'm looking forward to play this year:

Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    Caesar IV and Half-life 2: Aftermath

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I'm waiting for my Mount&Blade serial key - because the demo is so goddamn awesome. Have a look: www.taleworlds.com

Other than that, nothing really. Kinda have a rerun of PS:T going. Am also waiting for Dark Disciples 2 to come out (google up the first one - it's a brilliant little retro freeware RPG) - have a few things waiting on my download manager too - but even when I do finish downloading them I'll probably never actually get around to playing them :)

9. Defspeal Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I am still retro gaming, mainly playing Dungeon Keeper Gold edition
    Also, play a fair bit of Civilisation 2 - I am currently playing the Greeks and am at war with both the Russians and the Zulus.

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31

@ Enagonios - I have played Final Fantasy X and I agree that it is a better game than X-2 although not to the extent that you seem to feel. I still prefer X-2 over VIII.

Overall, of the ones I have played I would rank from best to worst

VI, VII, I, X, IV, X-2, VIII.

11. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Try IX JSBB, it's cute. It reminds me of Final Fantasy VII and I love the Vivi character (little black mage kid, erm that sounds very dodgy now that I think about it). I enjoy it how all the characters have distinctive roles already such as offensive mage, healer/summoner (10/5), tank, thief/warrior type, blue mage, all-rounder + status affects, fast physical attacker and summoner/healer (5/10).

12. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Unfortunately I have never been able to get my hands on a copy of IX. I got VII and VIII for P.C. and by the time I got a PS2 I could not find any available copies of IX.

13. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Right now I'm playing through Half-Life II for the second time. Honestly, it is a little dull the second time around; too much repetition. I'm on level 12 and almost finished. Next up is Dungeon Siege II.

14. ObviousDelirium Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I'm playing Vampire The Masquerade Redemption, and call me a sadist if you want, but I find it pretty funny when I do a one hit kill on a teutonic knight while they are full health and they start running around for some time headless.

Still playing Morrowind from time to time, tho there doesn't seem to be much for me to do there now.

Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal as well when I feel like it, tho I've finished it 4 times already, it's just fun to get through.

15. hannibal555 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Media:
    Diablo II now and then as a time-filler.

BG II for the Xth time, though i tend to favor
    another character build before i finish the game with
    the last one ^^.

Knights of the old Republic for the 3rd time - Great Game! (The 1st one, don't like "Sith Lords" as much though it's still good)

16. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Replaying Silent Storm:Sentinels (expansion of Silent Storm). Turn-base 3D RPG that's set just after WWII. Quite addictive.

17. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

Making my way through Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door on the Gamecube. I like it a lot so far.

I've also been playing through Wind Waker again, somehow it's just as much fun as the first time.

City of Heroes/Villains is also good, and has been eating up some of my time.

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I got sucked back into The Sims.

19. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Star Wars KotOR and loving it. :D

20. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Let's see 2 parties through Bg2/ToB
    Just started Planescape again for the first time in centuries
    IWD2 first party
    IWD first party into HoW
    Civ 2
    Civ III Conquests
    Battle Mages
    Star Wars Battlefront

and t-t-t-that's all folks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.